Bluelight

Thread: Looking for an opiate detox somewhere tropical

1. Collapse Details
    Looking for an opiate detox somewhere tropical 
    This is my first thread so I apologize in advance if I missed something from the etiquette guide!
    I tapered from 120mg/day to 20/day and now it's crept back up to 30-50 mg/day.
    i saw something about a detox in Thailand and I thought how nice it would be to be away from my triggers.
    Does anyone know of a detox/recovery place somewhere beachy and warm?
    I will only be able to get away for a week and I'm hoping I find somewhere warm.
    thank you in advance for any ideas.

2. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Man if you want to be away from triggers do not go to the golden triangle of opium production to detox.

I can't really think of anywhere tropical apart from maybe the moreexclusive carribean locations where opiates aren't pretty rife and very cheap. I did a fair bit of research while I was due to get a bit of cash in the midst of addicition. Also do you really wanna detox somewhere hot and sweaty without wds? If I couls go anywhere I'd head to the cold and add blankets.

3. Collapse Details

Sober Living
    The Dark Side
    What part of the world are you in? Since you're not going to go straight into residential treatment after the detox, you don't want to be somewhere you can easily cop after the detox is finished. I would discourage South Florida for the same reason. I don't know anything about the Caribbean scene chinup brought up - maybe that's the way to go.
    Struggling with addiction? Join us at Sober Living. We can help.

4. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    sorry for the late reply and sorry i didn't reply to your message- i wasn't clear in my reply. i was looking for places where i could move to in the hope my drug usage would kill me before i ran out of money, not at detox places, so i don't know any, i just know where the drugs i like are good and cheap and many of those places are tropical.

really i'd suggest trying to get some idea of the clinical outcomes and how well their program fits your particular case rather then going by location. if you get clean you'll be able to go on a tropical holiday and enjoy it. i really didn't want to go to rehab in the location i actually went to cos the accent they have down there bugged the hell out me. so many people who helped me massively while i was in spoke with a local accent that i now like it.