• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone questions

Lovethehappy

Greenlighter
Hello Guys & Girls hope your having a fab friday !
I did use the search button but i have so many questions!

So i got some 40mg oxys, i have never used them before. ( I will be taking 12-20 mg )
I have a fairly high codeine dose 300-400mg and im new to opiates.

Q1)
I have read that 10-20mg is a good starting dose , the problem is the pills have no split line running down the middle , so people say its a bad idea to cut them yourself?

Due to the fact its not very accurate (unless you have a pilcutter) and there could be more substance in one side of the pill compared to others?

Q2)
How long should i wait to redose>

q3) I took 25mg promethinze 30 mins before taking oxy, to counter attack the itchness/ nause.
Is this a good dose , as i dont want to take to much promethainze due to its sedating effect and for respiratory depression side effect..

Q4) When is best time frame to drop the anti histamine ( promethinze)

Before / During/ After coming up? The last option dos not sound to good because it says like its late to the part and the Oxycontin would of caused histamines to be released = Nause/Itchness.

q5) What would be a safe timer frame (Hours) to go to sleep?

q6) How long after taking oxy dos it usually take to start working?:?

In my experience the pills seem to be homogeneous but if you are worried about the slices having an equal amount of oxycodone you could just go for volumetric dosing. This involves measuring an amount of water out, let's say 20ml, then dissolving the pill in the water. This will give you a solution of oxycodone that is 10mg/5ml, and now you can dose it very accurately by how much of the water you drink. You can do this with any volume of water as oxycodone is very soluble in water.

I would dose the antihistamine either before or at the same time as the oxy.

As long as you are past the peak and aren't uncontrollably losing consciousness you should be fine to sleep.

For best results you should only dose once a day but if you have to redose it'll be more effective the more time you wait, so that's up to you.

If you split the pills or dissolve in water you should feel it within 20-40 minutes depending on stomach contents and your personal body chemistry.

Ok so last night i tried oxy for first time here is what happened :

3pm 25mg promethazine ( anti histmaine)
3:50pm About 1/3 of a 40mg oxycodone extended release pill
18:20 Another 1/3 of 40 mg pill oxycodone extended release pill
18:45 last 1/3 of pill of 40mg pill oxycodone extended release pill

TOTAL SO FAR : 40MG OXYCODOBE + 25 MG PROMETHAZINE

20:00 40 mg of pill taken ( was spilt in 4 parts) + 50 mg promethazine
21:30 200mg of codeine

TOTAL IN 6 .30 HOURS = 80 MG OXYCODONE + 75 MG PROMETHAZINE

I really dint feel much , is it because i got a high tolerance it would be the same with other opaiates?
I would of thought that 80mg of oxy would of done something... Maybe it was because they where extended release , and werent meant to be spilt in half?

If they are the kind that gel than cutting them up into quarters changed nothing because it still just changes to a blob(s) of gel in the stomach and still just slowly releases.

I think you didn't get much out of it because of your ~300mg codeine tolerance, because they are extended release and because you staggered your dosing over 6hrs of time.

With your ~300mg codeine tolerance you probably need around 30mg of oxycodone but since these pills are extended release it makes this more difficult. Before trying again wait at least a full day of not taking anything. Then you could try one of two things:

1) take 1.5 pills (60mg) all at once. This will hopefully cause enough oxy to be released initially to satisfy your tolerance. If this still isn't enough you can try a higher dose all at once on another day (like 2 pills). Just work up slowly and wait at least 24hrs in between each attempt so you don't overdose.

2) you could take one full pill (40mg) and let it soak in something like cola over night and then drink it. This might help break down enough of the time release mechanism.

Someone mentioned in your other thread in OD (again, don't make multiple threads about the same thing) that your pills might be counterfeit and/or bunk, I hadn't considered this possibility.

This is a possibility if you bought them online or in the streets.

Why stagger your doses so much? Are you reading the responses to your threads or are you just posting for the sake of it?