• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Torchlight

Safety 1st

Bluelighter
Have you ever been suffering excessively in the darkness? Unable to find your way out? Or rather through?

I cannot fathom what kinds of labyrinths anyone else has been stuck in but I have been through more than I care to count.

Torchlight is a light in the dark, a force in the midst of strife and seemingly unjust agony in mind and body, a thread to come and share grateful reflections in as well as assail the blackness that has no concern for our dearest fates. Fates that would impact others on this planet for good or bad. Please know every person makes a difference here and even when the pitch black is consuming one to the core, hope is only a torchlight distance away.

(Please don't make fun of me for starting this..)

I do not mean to deny the existence of strife and pain and turmoil in one's life. I only mean to acknowledge the undying light that never goes out regardless of if one fails to find it before their time is up in this mortal shell.

"Truth is the torch that gleams through the fog without dispelling it." - Claude Adrien Helvetius

Inspired by this quote from a place in cyberspace I dwell on:

"We're a nation hungry for more joy: Because we're starving from a lack of gratitude."
~ BRENE BROWN

I am grateful I am able to be here and start this thread. And feel calm and composed otherwise.

Quotes and pictures and videos are welcome but please share how they help you remain or get in tune with gratitude and contentment. Perhaps confronting the dark vehemently is a part of getting there, no post will be judged worthy or unwelcome.