• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hello Everyone in the Bluelight Community.

Isolation

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. I hope to get to know some of you as I contribute my slivers of understanding and experience to this forum. My interests in no particular order are: Pharmacology, Psychology, Anatomy and Physiology, Social Advancements, Psychedelic Therapy, Empathogenic Psychotherapy, Philosophy generalized with Metaphysical focal points. My passions demanding of my higher appreciation are: Cosmology, Astronomy, Quantum Computing, Quantum Mechanics generalized, with Quantum Consciousness being more intriguing.

My life is mostly spent in various forms of addiction and disassociation from my emotions thus why I am here on bluelight. I love to help and be friendly with those who will tolerate me and my "condition" as most seem to put it. I don't really have much else to say since I feel I am already on the edge of egotistical narrative. <3

Thank you

Hello Isolation,

I'm sure you have more than slivers of understanding, but it's very humble of you to say :). We do have a Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion sub-forum as well as a Phiosophy and Spirituality one, so be sure to check those out.

This is your time to tell us all about yourself; no worries on coming off egotistical. It's all about you right now! Disassociation from emotions is interesting.. I feel like I do that to an extent. When things get really emotional (well, relatively emotional), I tend to just "shut off". On the other hand, a large part of my addictions are to feel things I've never felt before. And probably some escaping from reality thrown in their. Look at this, now i'm on a narrative! ;). Do you experience disassociation in the same way?

Well i'm glad you're a part of the team, you sound like you have a lot more to you that i'd be curious to read about throughout the forums.

Have a good day, and welcome to Bluelight!!

Last edited:
Thank you for the welcome :). I think from what I understand the "shutting down when emotions get too much" is a similar destination to my own. I typically seek any form of distraction from days of rough mental seas, and usually that forces me to self medication. Regrettably the ol' "If one feels this good, then imagine how two must feel" fallacy casts it's trickery on me and voila , disassociation manifest. I typically fall prey to the comforts of opiates, and benzos in those cases, and when things are a bit more wholesome for me I grasp the opportunity for a stable launching pad into more psychonautic head spaces. Oddly as it might seem from my drug choices, I wish I could dive deeper into psychedelics again, but right now I just can't pull myself together so all outbound flights are delayed.

I am sure you will see me plenty in a lot of the sub-forums, probably with a moderate denizenship at The Dark Side for awhile. Tapering off venlafaxine has lead me to the most mind numbing, and exhausting withdrawals causing most days to be daunting for me.

I also like that you seek out to experience things that you have never felt before, as much of a double edged sword as addiction is it at least can provide beautiful insight at times. It always kind of bums me out when people stare at our multifaceted existence as if a stencil.

Becoming stable enough to venture into the land of psychedelics seems like not only a great reward for yourself, but also an opportunity to explore parts of yourself to figure out the root cause of your desire to disassociate, if you haven't completely figured it out already. The Dark Side is a pretty neat sub-forum, and there is a lot of great members who are very supportive.

As I tend to say, let alone the world at large, when we're 86 years old we still won't know ourselves to the extent that we'd expect to. Yes, multifaceted existences are what we live, and all successes and struggles along the way only help to paint a more vivid picture in regards to our "true self", if there is such a thing.