• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzos alcohol

Patrickthelizard

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I havent found a clear answer anywhere on the internet. I could use you guys' experience on that subject.
I usually take 2mg of xanax and get mad drunk, im not talking about beers like ive read some of you post, im talking about those medium sized vodka bottles i finish by myself at predrinks and then go to have one or two drinks at the club.
I personally love that combo, however im starting to get worried because of the heavy restriction on this combination, and ive been blacking out after the party on my bed, and my girl tells me i breathe funny. I dont know if i should be worried, i think i can take it.

Do you think I would be safe doing 0.5mg-1mg with heavy drinking instead of 2mg?????

What do you mean heavy "restriction"?
It sounds like you have little tolerance to both benzos and alcohol and are taking way too much; you are overdosing.
Your causing respiratory depression and this could kill you. Dont use this combo of you cannot use responsibly. Dont take this combo in general.

no i have pretty high tolerance, is there any way this combo could kill you besides respiratory depression? so if i dont find any thing wrong with my breathing u think its fine? by doing 0.5 with drinking for example

Combining benzos with alcohol, even with a tolerance, is not safe, you're gambling with death and one day you might not wake up due to respiratory depression.

Imo 0.5 and a beer or two should be alright if you have a high tolerance to both, but getting black out drunk and adding a benzo is just extremely dangerous (while it's really hard to die from a benzo overdose alone, you can die if you drink too much, now add a benzo and you'll increase the risks exponentially)

If you are blacking out and you're gf says you're not breathing right, then dont risk it, even with .5mg. Either drink or take the benzos, dont do both please. I'm saying this out of real concern about your well being Pat.

Alright i see, so not even 0.5 mg instead of 2mg. I really want to know more about the dosing, i mean me blacking out and breathing funny happened at 2mg, i doubt it would happen at 0.5mg.
Anyways, Mr deeds, what do you think of ketamine and alcohol? this is another combo that i love doing and have done many times, i do not black out ever on it nor do i have breathing problems. I heard that ket doesn't affect the respiratory system since it is used for surgery. And whenever i do ket with mad drrinking it's usually a couple of small bumps no big lines.
What do you think id love to know

I have never gotten the chance to use ketamine so I cannot offer advice on the safety of this combo. I do know that both ketamine and dxm will potentate other depressants, which can lead to dangerous side effects like respiratory depression and possible asphyxiation if you were to choke while under a ketamine/opioid/depressant combination. It would be best to avoid combining alcohol with other drugs in general. It may feel good at the time, but I feel the alcohol ultimately masks the effect of most other drugs and provides a sloppy and grungy feeling. Just enjoy what you have and save the alcohol for later IMO.

While it's true that ketamine doesn't interfere with breathing as much the combo with alcohol is still a bad idea as really high doses might still increase respiratory depression and it increases the risk of nausea and vomiting extremely, this can lead to you choking on your own vomit

Drinking and benzos are potentially a very dangerous combination.

However realistically I bed most people who like both have mixed them more than once.

There's about a million ways this combo could kill you besides respitory depression. Xanax and booze is an infamous combo and notorious for its ability to severely impair people without them realizing how fucked up they are.

There's about a million ways this combo could kill you besides respitory depression. Xanax and booze is an infamous combo and notorious for its ability to severely impair people without them realizing how fucked up they are.

Very true. Here in Austin a cop was killed by a guy who was on this exact combo over a bag of potato chips and snacks. You could do alot of damage to others as well by continuing to use like this. Damn it's scary honestly, how many times I have made this mistake and been terrified about what I had done when I I woke up. There are countless times I have done things should not have (driving, working, ect), it freaks me out to look back at it.

How much did u used to takee (mg) with alcohol?

I guess my doses varied quite a bit. I have been prescribed them for years but when I first got scripted I would run through about 12mgs a day sometimes with as much alcohol as I could drink. I hardly ever knew I was high and drunk, always thought I was sober (happens to me with both benzos and booze). I suppose an average dose that got me blacked out was about 6mgs with 6-12 drinks. It was incredibly destructive though, got into car accidents, huge fights with my fiance, spent more money than I had, ect..

I was lucky enough to get out of it before i got real deep but i used to take 1-4mg of xanax and anywhere from 2-10 shots. I would usually blackout before reaching half of these amounts but obviously i don't remember it very well.

The fact that I stopped before anything happened was pure chance, I didn't take the combo for very long.

For the sake of harm reduction, just because other people took high doses of a benzodiazepine with alcohol and survived doesn't necessarily mean that you'll survive it too as everyone reacts different and even things like the circadian rhythm can change how your body reacts to drugs

I enjoy xanax and alcohol, its very lovely and I dont think its logical to expect druggies to not experiment with potentially dangerous combos.

I learned here to never get shitfaced and have ghb and learned the hard way re ketamine spews and alcohol.

Only thing Id say is dont drink till drunk then decide to have fuckloads of benzos as youll make a drunken mistake. Dont take benzos after drinking all night.

A log or two of xannie with a bottle or two of goon is great for me but I wouldnt take benzos and go clubbing man lol.

I lived with a long term heavy benzo user and he spent over 12 years iirc on xanax and four log a day and a bottle of pernod nightly was normal so all depends on your tolerance.

Well considering this is a harm reduction site I expect us to dissuade people from doing very dangerous and destructive things with drugs. If we don't succeed we can't say we didn't try.