European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Monkey Dust...

cLaTTeReD

Bluelighter
Just watched a report on the news about monkey dust.
People jumping off roofs etc, usually in stoke lol.
My gf googled to find out what it is and google says it?s MDPV. I?ve saod that?s not available anymore (as I have looked)

So what is monkey dust ?

Thanks

"Shock! Horror! Obscure crystal-meth like research chemical let loose in the streets of Stoke-On-Trent"
I'd like to know myself. At first I thought that maybe it could be an industrial-strength variation of Spice, but the spiced up peeps I see round here can hardly move, let alone play Spiderman on the roofs in Stoke

Last edited:
Must say I've been wondering this myself. Could be any of several broadly similar stims tbh. Fairly sure it ain't peev (more's the pity :() but the media don't have the bestest of records when it comes to identifying real substances. Woof Woof anyone? =D

I read an article a while ago that identified the substance as MD-PHP (iirc). And as for the jumping off roofs business, that incident was years old and the guy wasn't even on drugs! I'm sure that if there really was a resurgence of MDPV, it would be all over Bluelight by now.

friends don't let friends do...

91-68LgeysL._SX355_.jpg

I did comment to the missus if MDPV was about again it would be all over bluelight haha

i was pissing myself laughing at the BBC reporting of Monkey Dust.

it was so fucking Brass Eye CHEESE, but for real.

Google says its MDPV, but as everyones saying Bluelight would be up to spped with this if it was.

Can't say it looked too appealling.

It could indeed just be pure synthetic spice type shit but sold as powder. Im sure it was mentioned it was going for ?3 for a wee bag.

I read an article a while ago that identified the substance as MD-PHP (iirc). And as for the jumping off roofs business, that incident was years old and the guy wasn't even on drugs!
That confirms the impartiality and rigorous fact-checking processes of mainstream media when reporting on drugs! 8)

i was pissing myself laughing at the BBC reporting of Monkey Dust. It was so fucking Brass Eye CHEESE, but for real.
Google says its MDPV, but as everyones saying Bluelight would be up to spped with this if it was.
Can't say it looked too appealling. It could indeed just be pure synthetic spice type shit but sold as powder. Im sure it was mentioned it was going for ?3 for a wee bag.
But the people under the influence of Spice I see around here are usually either sprawled somewhere or bent in two or curled up on the pavement, and in any case unable to move... At the start of the Spice Craze I was concerned as they don't look very well :(

That confirms the impartiality and rigorous fact-checking processes of mainstream media when reporting on drugs! 8)

But the people under the influence of Spice I see around here are usually either sprawled somewhere or bent in two or curled up on the pavement, and in any case unable to move... At the start of the Spice Craze I was concerned as they don't look very well :(

Yep, the mainstream media aren't exactly renowned for accurate reporting. You only have to look at the hype surrounding 'meow meow' (who the fuck ever called it that?) where they got mephedrone confused with methadone and reported how many deaths it was causing, leading to it being banned. Then there was 'roflcoptr' (MXE) where two dickheads overdosed and drowned because they didn't know what they were taking, thus leading to it also being banned. Likewise 'benzo fury' (6-apb) when some attention seeking bint decided to strip off and visit a 24hour tesco, thus titillating the tabloids and resulting in yet another ban.

As for 'Spice', which is a generic term for literally dozens (possibly hundreds) of synthetic cannabinoids, the problems are a direct result of lack of information and the ignorance of many people that use it. The ones I've tried can be ok in minute amounts, but they're so easy to overdose on leading to the reporting of a fuckin zombie apocalypse on the streets.

This monkey dust stuff is just another dodgy cathinone that frankly only exists because mephedrone was banned...

This monkey dust stuff is just another dodgy cathinone that frankly only exists because mephedrone was banned...

Indeed. But which one and why so area-specific? "Spice" is all over the place but "Monkey Dust" seems suspiciously regional. I recall "something" being sold under that name on a very regional level a few years back. Don't think we ever found out for sure what that stuff was either and presume we won't here either.

The footage is pretty horrific but mainly for the heavy-handed police approach. Several plods pinning a man down with his arms handcuffed up his back after he just jumped off a roof breaking several bones in the fall is just fukkin horrific. That tired old meme of drugs that "lower threshold of pain and increase violence and aggression" needs to be retired cos it just ain't funny. No drug can do that and the myth genuinely hurts people. Also worth noting that some of that footage being used pretty prominently in both clips dates back to 2015... around the time the last "Monkey Dust" kerfuffle was in the news :\

Great made-up drug name though.

Even better TV series ;)

'Monkey Dust' is rampant in Staffs and has been at the very least since I started attending weekly support groups at my DSP back in April, where I was taken aback at the amount of alcohol dependants using this drug as a cheap pick me up. It is supposed to be peeve but in practise appears to be any weak and / or tatty blend of some substituted pyrrolidine cathinone, no doubt from further shedloads of left over RC's from before the ban, finally making there way to the streets...

^ Footage is indeed horrific but we have no idea of the full story. Anybody in such states is horrendous to see but it's definitely not unique to any specific drug. They could be psychotic from stims, drunk out of their mind, or just plain mentally ill - or, sadly all too often, all of the above. I'm always very suspicious of footage like that being used to demonise a drug - and that goes multi-multipliers more so when that drug isn't even specified beyond generic anti-drug propaganda tropes that have existed word for word for a century or so now :\

'It is supposed to be peeve but in practise appears to be any weak and / or tatty blend of some substituted pyrrolidine cathinones...

Sounds spot on to me... although still weird that it has such a regional focus :?

^ agreed on the demonizing a drug through general footage. i've seen similar behaviors with PCP, bath salts and heroin on a show called COPS in america.

if this is relatively new could the regional focus be for conducting feedback purposes? like seeing how it takes on the streets? (or were you implying regional for the news people?)

seems like they were trying to target a specific area but idk, i don't live in UK. (maybe when i'm not sick i could do some research)

Honestly I really do think this is just slow news day stuff. I see nothing here that hasn't been done to death over and over again when it comes to local news trying to make actually quite tragic tales of folk too fucked and/or just plain fukked to not end up a tragedy with or without any drug you care to name.

I just do not believe this is a new drug specific to a fairly small area of the UK that just so happens to mimic literally every "new drug creates mayhem on the streets of generic small town" story that has done the rounds since weed was initially demonised sometime towards the beginning of the previous century. This shit just goes around and around local news outlets who have basically sensationalist content without the resources to properly investigate it. Same story, different day. No attempt whatsoever to inform. As always.

The fact that police - and even medical - services suck up to it is truly abhorrent though imo :\

agreed. hence why i don't watch the news.

only other option is someone was lucky enough to get out front on this one but considering people (especially the news) are the same no matter where you go chances are slim it's likely.

designer drugs popping up frequently today is ridiculous... not even half the fun, twice as likely to perma fuck you (ime there are some things worse than death in this world)

seems to confirm what Shambles is saying.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/pawwq7/monkey-dust-the-uks-latest-nightmare-drug-is-not-what-media-says-it-is

though this one seems to say he is way off and the cause of all this is a cartoon. strange!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_Dust

MDPV (Methylenedioxypyrovalerone) is a psychoactive stimulant narcotic that acts as a norepinephrine-dopamine reuptake inhibitor (NDRI). MDPV is the active ingredient in “bath salts,” a designer drug that is knowingly labeled as ‘not for human consumption’ so that the drug is legally available on the market.

MDPV (Methylenedioxypyrovalerone) goes by many other names, like magic, maddie, vanilla sky, super coke, and meow meow, and is available via the internet, in gas stations and convenient stores, and smoke or “herb” shops.

https://blackbearrehab.com/blog/what-is-mdpv-methylenedioxypyrovalerone/

damn wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylenedioxypyrovalerone

apparently monkey dust is a derivative of cathinoe and this is one way it differentiates itself from other synthetic drugs known as bath salts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathinone

Last edited: