• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Monkey Dust...

apparently monkey dust is a derivative of cathinoe and this is one way it differentiates itself from other synthetic drugs known as bath salts.
Weird, I thought "bath salts" was a generic name for various cathinones, and maybe MDPV in the USA. The research chemicals which were around 2007-2010 of the stimulant sort. Will have a look at your links as soon as I have a bit of time, thanks :)

your welcome. please post your findings and/or thoughts. i'd be interested.

the above first link from a UK news site is just a convenient one, further research suggested the same, it seemed like a good comprehensive one and possibly a credible outfit. (idk though, i'm not privy to UK news, us yanks are sheltered)

as far as synthetic drugs go with the way the rate they are popping up with everyone and their mother owning a chemistry set and using it with gold plated dollar (pound) signs in their eyes it's boggling. i do know that quiet a few are of cathinone relation; though some are synthetic cathinone and some are not. there are other ingredients that go into it that i'm more wary of.

i am not a synthetic user, i prefer the real thing. synthetics seem like a good idea but very bad in everyday use. (not judging anyone, i just don't like to eat other peoples faces for lunch. color me wrong.)

edit: a common misconception here in the states is that spice is bath salts. that's as far from the truth as one can get in most ways. spice is supposed to be a syunthetic marijuana, bath salts are supposedly to mimic more like cocaine, MDMDA/ecstasy or methamphetamine's. link provided to support this statement and why i personally don't use synthetics.

https://spiceaddictionsupport.org/what-is-spice/ (it's an american addiction recovery site. still not judging or preaching, just a firm belief to each their own.)

Last edited:
your welcome. please post your findings and/or thoughts. i'd be interested.

the above first link from a UK news site is just a convenient one, further research suggested the same, it seemed like a good comprehensive one and possibly a credible outfit. (idk though, i'm not privy to UK news, us yanks are sheltered)

as far as synthetic drugs go with the way the rate they are popping up with everyone and their mother owning a chemistry set and using it with gold plated dollar (pound) signs in their eyes it's boggling. i do know that quiet a few are of cathinone relation; though some are synthetic cathinone and some are not. there are other ingredients that go into it that i'm more wary of.

i am not a synthetic user, i prefer the real thing. synthetics seem like a good idea but very bad in everyday use. (not judging anyone, i just don't like to eat other peoples faces for lunch. color me wrong.)

edit: a common misconception here in the states is that spice is bath salts. that's as far from the truth as one can get in most ways. spice is supposed to be a syunthetic marijuana, bath salts are supposedly to mimic more like cocaine, MDMDA/ecstasy or methamphetamine's. link provided to support this statement and why i personally don't use synthetics.

https://spiceaddictionsupport.org/what-is-spice/ (it's an american addiction recovery site. still not judging or preaching, just a firm belief to each their own.)

We have a huge spice problem in some parts of the UK. It's become almost an epidemic.

@apocalypse_when: to me meth (general meth, not just crystal), MDMA/ecstasy and synthetic drugs are everywhere in the world (practically). just a matter of time before they blow up in other countries outside of the USA to way bigger proportions. i kinda got the hint that UK was starting to get bad off. (subtle sarcasm)

that post was running with the topic of what Shambles and a few others were saying about news coverage deluding facts to fit their stories as well as expanding on bath salts and synthetics as to what they're made of.

thanks for the info. got anything else you want to add? (i don't think this topic is solely about monkey butt, err... i mean monkey dust anymore)

have you tried some? run into anyone who has been wiggin or twacked out on it? know what it's made of across the pond? etc.?

@apocalypse_when: to me meth (general meth, not just crystal), MDMA/ecstasy and synthetic drugs are everywhere in the world (practically). just a matter of time before they blow up in other countries outside of the USA to way bigger proportions. i kinda got the hint that UK was starting to get bad off. (subtle sarcasm)

that post was running with the topic of what Shambles and a few others were saying about news coverage deluding facts to fit their stories as well as expanding on bath salts and synthetics as to what they're made of.

thanks for the info. got anything else you want to add? (i don't think this topic is solely about monkey butt, err... i mean monkey dust anymore)

have you tried some? run into anyone who has been wiggin or twacked out on it? know what it's made of across the pond? etc.?

My job makes me run into them all the time and I've never seen people as fucked up as they are on spice (also called mamba over here). After the psychoactive substances ban synthetic weed is the only one thate really stuck around. I've never tried it but have seen freinds so fucked up they couldn't even speak on it...terrible stuff..very common in UK prisons at the moment too. I don't see the attraction personally.

me neither, i tried it once and it gave me a head ache. i could feel the start of something else but nothing compared to actually smoking marijuana.

i've never seen someone trip on it other than in videos and on t.v. i've seen a few people take it irl and it either didn't work, they enjoyed it or were 50/50 on it.

it's still sold OTC in some convenience stores here cause it's hard to stop them all from selling it. like one of the links said, they just repackage it or add something else; basically change it enough to fool the authorities and put it back out there.

me neither, i tried it once and it gave me a head ache. i could feel the start of something else but nothing compared to actually smoking marijuana.

i've never seen someone trip on it other than in videos and on t.v. i've seen a few people take it irl and it either didn't work, they enjoyed it or were 50/50 on it.

it's still sold OTC in some convenience stores here cause it's hard to stop them all from selling it. like one of the links said, they just repackage it or add something else; basically change it enough to fool the authorities and put it back out there.

Yeah, there was a head shop next to my house that sold it for 20 pounds a sachet (don't know how much it held) and people were going bezerk on it. So much that when emergency services were called they had to report each case to control via the radio and control had to notify the.police for all "spice cases" as they were called. It wasn't illegal at the time but the police wanted to track where they were happening since it was causing so much trouble.. there was also a case of a guy in prison who was addicted to it and so desperate for a fix that the other inmates said they would give him some if he ate a shit sandwich (literally)... hang on, I'll find the article...

Last edited:
in romania the syntethic cannabinoids are the 2nd most popular drug, weed being on the 1st place. the gypsies fucking locked the market, if you want the "best"/strongest noids you got to go to buy from them or a dealer that has a gypsi source. it's so deeply sawn in their culture, that even grandmothers are selling, kids, uncles. like it's the only thing in romania which has an "open air" market, you could go to any rundown, ghetto ass gypsi neighborhood and cop some just like buying smack in a ghetto.

they even take turns in who is staying home because phone numbers are rarely used and usualy the elder part of their race is the most reliable, the young ones are very greedy and ripping off or robbing people left and right. if you know how to behave and even give them the impression that you are a part of them ( the gypsies here are a cross-breed between gypsies,hungarians and romanians, they are not pure pure gypsies like the old ones, so me being hungarian also helps with the slang and appealing familiar to them ) they will help you everytime you go there.

the prices are mad cheap like for 4 pounds you get about 6-7 joints comparing to the price of weed I see why it has such an impact. but nowadays all I see on the streets are zombies as you said, many of my friends fell for them and all they did was smoke and sleep ( on the street, on their feet or at home terrorising their parents although some of them were way over 30 years old)

Last edited by a moderator:
in romania the syntethic cannabinoids are the 2nd most popular drug, weed being on the 1st place. the gypsies fucking locked the market, if you want the "best"/strongest noids you got to go to buy from them or a dealer that has a gypsi source. it's so deeply sawn in their culture, that even grandmothers are selling, kids, uncles. like it's the only thing in romania which has an "open air" market, you could go to any rundown, ghetto ass gypsi neighborhood and cop some just like buying smack in a ghetto. they even take turns in who is staying home because phone numbers are rarely used and usualy the elder part of their race is the most reliable, the young ones are very greedy and ripping off or robbing people left and right. if you know how to behave and even give them the impression that you are a part of them they will help you everytime you go there. the prices are mad cheap like for 4 pounds you get about 6-7 joints comparing to the price of weed I see why it has such an impact. but nowadays all I see on the streets are zombies as you said, many of my friends fell for them and all they did was smoke and sleep ( on the street, on their feet or at home terrorising their parents although some of them were way over 30 years old)

That's interesting. Since they were outlawed in 2016 along with all other so called "legal highs" it's no longer possible to buy them from the "head shops" like before so the trade has inevitably moved underground and into the hands of criminals gangs. I'm not aware of the market being dominated by any particular race (like the blacks/yardies with cocaine and crack or the asian gangs with heroin)... In fact I'm not aware of who is selling it now tbh, but someone certainly is. It's just a case of them spraying the psychoactive liquid canabanoids onto some form of combustible plant matter.

I would be interested to know how people get it these days. Is it just sold alongside normal weed or what???

here you get it just like weed, the last shops were closed in like 2012-2013 here due to their popularity and number of hospitalised people. around that time mainly people over 17-18 were using them but nowadays it's not uncommon to see kids between 10-12 to smoke them.

they are not even selling the same types as before, in the shop and post-shop period the powder (it could be from the jwh class, pinaca class etc ) was diluated and sprayed over plant matter, now the gypsies use like cleaning products, some types of adhesives, household sprays and chemicals, they got a very precise recipe and if it is not done corectly is even more deadly, although someone without a tolerance would be hospitalised or being forced to stay in the psych ward after smoking. the markets differ by regions, in some cities is 4 pounds for 6-7 joints but in others it's like 3 pounds for 2-3. even in the same city it differs by neighborhood just like with any other illegal drug as they are not legal anymore.

about 3 months ago tho they decriminalised them possesion wise, so if you got 1-2 bags to say so you are pretty much free and you barely get a warning. but even before this, many of my friends were caught by police as they were paralized in the streets and scared regular people would call ambulances, authorities for them. the culture is so big that we have facebook pages with people sleeping in different locations high on noids. I admit I used to smoke some years ago but only with an opiate in combination, on its own it always seemed a very cold, paranoid sensation to be high on them, and your mind would just wander without the possibility to use your body, either that or you would fall asleep (pretty similar to an opiate noid but there is no pleasure in that idk what is so attractive maybe the short and strong high leaves them fiending for more as it is with crack).

Great made-up drug name though.

Even better TV series ;)

Had the DVD for ages, still haven't watched it. But just watched ^that .... cheers loads n' loads for posting. Utterly hilarious and my kinda thing. Will endeavour to watch the rest over the next few days.

<3

ps: kerfuffle is one of my favourite words <3

^ Get it watched, missus. Dark as hell and funny as all fukkery =D

PS: I am also very partial to a kerfuffle :)

Back on topic...

Weird, I thought "bath salts" was a generic name for various cathinones...

It is. Started with mephedrone (along with "plant food") and has been used to describe any and all cathinone NPS as a blanket term ever since.

... i just don't like to eat other peoples faces for lunch....

Just to point out the infamous face-eating incident (the one with the guy eating some random homeless dude's face off by the side of a highway) turned out had nothing to do with "bath salts" or anything of the type. The loon only had weed in his system... and a major attack of the munchies it seems 8o

As far as "Spice" goes, it (or rather "they" cos there's a gazillion synthetic cannabinoids out there) is definitely a contender for behaviour of the type seen in the video clips. Whilst the heavy nodding thing is what the tabloids usually focus on here, personal experience and observation of others suggests that psychotic breaks are extremely common too. So many of 'em have the rather lethal combination of being ultra-potent, short-acting and lingering long in the system building up to (quite literally) crazy high levels with extended use.