• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need help with my addiction any advice please

Drewmitz

Greenlighter
Hello,
So i was using opiates for around 2 years and towards the end started to snort heroin. I went to detox and was clean for about 5 months. One day i am cleaning my house and found a few pills and a few bags of heroin and said man this is not a big deal and tries them. That was 2 months ago and i have using around a bundle a day and want to stop but i can?t go back to rehab and detox. I have a week off work and plan on using that week to clean up. Now some of the dope I?ve been getting is terrible and weak and some just makes me throw up after doing a bag but i usually do around 8-10 bags a day. I have subs to help me during the process but how bad will my withdrawals be given I?ve only been using it for 2 months. Last time i went through hell in detox and did not use any subs or anything because i took the vivatrol shot when i finished. Speaking of vivatrol it made me feel like a different person after 2 months on it i stoped because i did not feel like myself, i feel weird sort of empty on it. Now mind you I?ve never really had a drug problem until i hurt myself and then was using pain pills and toward the end started using heroin but once i did i went straight to rehab because i knew the road it would take me on. Now i feel i fucked up after 5 months of clean time i started all over again but i also feel I?ve not been using too long and can fight this but has anyone else relapsed for a short period of time and so is it worse than the first. Now given i did not take anything to help with my withdrawals and i was using for 2 years i went through living hell. Will this 2 month stunt be just as bad or worse. All i can say is time flew by so fast i did not even know where it went. I don?t want to go through the hot and cold sweats and the vomiting and shitting myself all day. Do you think that 5 8mg sub strips will help i also have 8 small pills of chorine or something like that from a friend to help with the sweats. Any advice on what i can do is appreciated

Hello Drewmitz,

IMO, heroin withdrawal from using 8-10 bags a day sounds like you would have withdrawal symptoms. Especially if you notice a tolerance forming - I think that's one of the better ways to gauge it. And in regards to if it is any easier the second time, I imagine it would be, since you now have the skills from the first time. But in regards to symptoms, I do think it would be worse the second time around. At least, that's what I've gotten from researching threads here on BL.

But I'd like to get a second opinion on this, so sit tight and this thread may get moved to Basic Drug Discussion. I suggest in the mean time you read through this thread: http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/657...pendent-on-Kratom?highlight=heroin+dependence. Although it isn't heroin related, Swimmingdancer sums up opiate withdrawal very nicely.

Best of luck to you sir, and Welcome to Bluelight! :)
madness00

Last edited:
Hello,
I hope it?s not as bad given that the first time i was doing the same amount but for a much longer time and i did not have subs to help. I thank you for the info and i will let everyone know what happens when i wash out. Now I?ll let everyone know how i feel,