• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Removal of nicotine from tobacco.

It's well known that in the presence of acid and heat glycerine will dehydrate to acrolein. Propylene glycol will not, it only goes as far as allyl alcohol IIRC.

Whether or not acrolein formation is significant is debated but it's detectable for sure in vape smoke.

Interesting info about GL & PE.
I was thinking of diluting my essential oils for my vape pen and it looks like PE is the way to go.

Last edited:
Pronounciation of 'Mu' without using the actual greek letter is acceptable online for sure, IMO, MOR and 'Mu' are known to signify what they are used for in this context. Nobody types 'mew opioid receptor' for example, do they? so why fuss over what is used typed online, and is used all the posts over to signify the likes of 'Mu-opioidergic' ? WHY? just WHY? what could it accomplish? people are used to it, people know what one another means, without phonetic pronunciation.

Antihistamines aren't antidepressants...seasonal affective disorder has one official indication: bupropion. Otherwise, vitamin D might help. We get it from the sun. I'd imagine that it leads to a greater serotonin/melatonin ratio as well, as this simulates getting greater sunlight, which itself leads to a greater of the aforesaid ratio.

Regardless of effect, the pharmacology of SSRIs is fairly clear. What you experienced sounds like hypomania.

As for vapes, menthol flavors may be more effective, as I believe it loosens tissue for greater ingestion, or something along those lines...

Well antimuscarinic effects can have a side effect of mood-improvement, can't they, when in far-sub-delirient doses? at the expense of memory and cognitive functioning however.

And some antihistaminic drugs are used as ADs. Mirtazepine is the one that comes to mind; one of the tetracyclics, an adrenergic autoreceptor antagonist, and IIRC the most powerful antihistamine on the market, with the lowest Ki value for it's histaminergic target. Gives me the most horrendous akathisia, half a lowest-dose tablet and I wanted to die, just to make it end. Felt like my joints had all been beaten until they ached horribly, before being filled with fire ants, same with my skin, muscles, tendons, every nerve doused in strychnine and battery acid...god it was horrible. Almost as bad as full blown opiate WD. Absolutely fucking awful, my experience with mirtazepine.

Yes, that's what I want.
(...)
It it's hard to find literature about activating proinflammatory subs., cos all research focuses on the opposite:
In the 60s we had the vitamin hysteria, then came the antibiotics hype and nowadays it's all about anti-inflammatory/antioxydants. Any substance that may be inflammatory is considered *EVIL*. But what people don't seem to realize is that these subs. also have vital roles, it's not like your body makes them to pester you.... It's a typical example of extremes, either a subs. is "good" or it's "bad".

I do agree here somehow, as I fell for this good vs bad before and the only thing that prove was that it's wrong. Take the opioids for example, morphine, by many seen as some sort of ultimo - it's debatable how, but few completely disagree (or?). Yet, it's only good when the bad is in too, it feels better the more tolerance you have, the more inflammation going on - if these negatives are blocked by, say, memantine (or O-PCM or something alike) - it's not a third as good. More, the good becomes a new bad in its own. Lying awake but asleep, not feeling anything yet being satifsfied and completely unsatisfied at the same time.. Before I understand that, I couldn't get it why people love opioids. I was too young, too healthy, probably I had to fall first before I could see how precious life is.. okay, could make an interesting discussion but it's off topic (and maybe there's already a thread for it?).

I really wonder what's about the link you say, that nice, deep sleep requires the same "bad" inflammation processes we get taught to fight ...

Memantine and opioids is a fantastic combination IMO, absolutely staggering what it can do, especially co-administered in an intravenous shot with a potent opioid, Because it can make a regular hit into something that feels like you just got hit by a several kilometer-wide iron-nickel meteorite, wrapped in a planet-sized ball of warm cotton fluff.

Memantine and opioids is a fantastic combination IMO
Maybe I do really have some weird genetics, cause this is what I thought it had to be too, but reality was different. For me, all the dreamy euphoria, warm silky fluff, the hit, everything lies together with the love and insight in the dextro enantiomers. Levo opioids are aversive for me, like temptations of giving in, of suffocating demonically ... somehow I always wanted to experience these ultimate feelings, to know why opioids have such a damned state just to figure out that I already knew these feelings in a way better version that now appears to be forbidden territory to me since I used these.. sorry.. damn.. opioids. If that makes any sense. Also codeine/morphine is only good when done w/o tolerance in tiny amounts or when one already is withdrawing / in pain. Maybe I should open a dedicated thread somewhere, just that my English isn't good enough probably to put this kind of topic into the right words.

Well when I was on memantine, I've taken it both separately, dosing them on the same day, etc. just not in the same syringe at the same time, and taking as the memantine version of a speedball.

The 'memantineball' thing, that, helped with tolerance, etc. but it didn't take the addictive tendencies away as much as it did taking the two separately (the opioids being morphine, oxycodone as general purpose, although the morphine has ended up as dibenzoylmorphine, di-n-butyroylmorphine, diacetylmorphine and dipropionylmorphine, the first three of those, to me, are pretty bland, but dipropionylmorphine, oh my god. JACK-POOOOOTTT=D Either DPM, or the ester 6-monoacetyldihydromorphine, administered in the same rig with high dose memantine, reliably blows my ass off so damn hard, I'm surprised people aren't asking why my ears have a perineum.

When using pain meds more...responsibly, shall we say, more in line with what the doctor would at least hope and plead for, if not order, and hope he'd get, in terms of use :p

Then dosing IM, where there isn't that huge, highly reinforcing rush, the slower absorption lessening the rush, but still allowing it to be useful, in the case of morphine, because my script, I got transferred to morphine and lower dose oxy, the latter, IR capsules at a lowish dose, repeatedly through the day to serve as breakthrough and help the pain patient's equivalent of blood sugar dipping post-breakfast, in the afternoon after snack, after supper, etc. etc., and keep plasma levels consistent enough to not frequently start overheating,feeling like I'm about ready to strangle the neighbor's cats with piano wire twisted round a pair of forks for miaowing too loud (I'm joking, there, I love animals. As long as they aren't disease carrying parasites which fly onto, or latch onto, one's body in order to plunge a blood-slurping stylet into same and start sucking my jealously-guarded vital pink juices out of it, I'm an animal lover. Those that are can expect a quick, vicious stomp of a boot heel, or a cigarette lighter and a can of deodorant, full of flammable alcohol and butane pointed their way, and to become crispy critters faster than you can say, in a really tiny, high pitched voice 'saaavee meeeeeee.....my FACE IS MEEELLttttiiiiNNggGGGgg!!.........;'

And besides the neighbors are out, touring the world on holiday, have been for most of the year. Too bad, I've a hunch the girl might have spectrum tendencies and shes kinda hot....

Anyway..=D When I was IMing the morphine and plugging or insufflating the oxy IR, and the memantine was being taken orally, I found the opioids still killed pain, as they ought to, somewhat better in fact, the tolerance I HAD at the time, was being severely beaten and slapped around, brutally sodomized if it dropped the soap in the shower with tolerances to any other medication; to the extent that I'd not have dared keep on doing 1g or more shots of morphine, even as several shots at once, divided among several muscle groups, for fear I might OD. And if that opioid tolerance walked into the shower and found the tiny, tiny weedy tolerance if any, from benzos, used at most 2-3 times, in high doses, a week, it'd find a nitrazepam tolerance built like an anorexic, which cried and begged for general anaesthesia to get it's prison tattoes done, could have shoved that opiate tolerance to the ground whilst it looked for that soap, and shoved a clenched, stick-thin, anaemic-looking fist on a match-stick arm out of a chloride ion channel in the center of a nearby GABAa receptor and rammed said fist right up the MOR agonist tolerance's own ass so far it could have it's teeth picked after a meal, by the fist up it's ass. Without having to reach with the toothpick

And slowed development of acquiring more tolerance too, also, it made opioids, still enjoyable, no less than they were before at the moment of dosing, and I'd still continue to function, not to withdraw, etc., still be out of pain in my knee and hips, the eye that got burned (you don't even want to know), but whilst doing their jobs, rather than the initial euphoria on dosing, it'd just be sitting in the background, politely, not always screaming 'more! more! MOR wants MORE!', and that I found I actually had to go and REMEMBER to go to the pain med boxes, prep a shot, stick it in the muscle, enjoy while the initial glow made smoking a cigar feel really, really satisfying (somewhat less, though in the case of the cigar on top while on memantine), in fact it helped me switch to an E-fag too and only smoke cigars now, with my opioid doses, where I used to smoke rollups, and a lot of them,30g baccy would last me a few days.

But I would, I'd actively, deliberately have to think to myself 'my body will require it's opioid ration soon, so lets go up and get that done', rather than the opioid's reinforcing nature prod me to go get some.

As for codeine, you mention, it is a very weak opioid, and as it is of more or less only much use orally, as a prodrug, there is also a sizeable delay between taking a dose, and its being metabolized to something active, so there is never that instant hit-Ka-CHIIING$$$$!!!$$$ type of mental salience increase associating the prick of a hollow metal spike with instantaneous supra-maximal euphoria. Some opioids might be able to push in front of the rest of the line, waiting to board 'the ride of your life' and use strength to bully their way to the end, but codeine just has to sit there on the benches, waiting it's turn, and when it gets there, take the kiddie's slide. Hell even drinking too much grapefruit juice can bitch-slap codeine further back than it started.

And don't worry about 'damn' etc.You'll probably see far worse here. Possibly when that wanker dresden shows up and cops a face full for being a bumptious little tit :p

Okay, have to say my only two ROAs as of lately were oral and rectal (morphine XR 'extracted' in a spoon, the most amateurish way possible but it works), I never did IM or IV even though the temptation was high enough to try it once or have somebody experienced with that kind of stuff doing it to me (not that I had many such 'friends' who'd come in question) when I had some crystalline dissociative - even though I doubt now that the seemingly 'pure' ket also was really pure cause usually each and every batch had its slightly different signature and set of effects. Stuff that comes much more to the mind when one's not busy doing drugs all the time I guess. Yet always wanted to know how different injected ket is from snorted but in the end I am thankful for not having tried it. (For rectal it's too irritant probably)

although the morphine has ended up as dibenzoylmorphine, di-n-butyroylmorphine, diacetylmorphine and dipropionylmorphine, the first three of those, to me, are pretty bland, but dipropionylmorphine, oh my god. JACK-POOOOOTTT Either DPM, or the ester 6-monoacetyldihydromorphine, administered in the same rig with high dose memantine, reliably blows my ass off so damn hard, I'm surprised people aren't asking why my ears have a perineum.
Is 6-MADHM (and so 6-MAM I guess) really so different from plain old morphine? Always thought that's an urban legend and that most of the heroin myths come from a mixture of alkaloids also containing things like noscapine (with NMDA antagonistic properties, maybe also thebaine etc. with some remotely stimulant-like ones or even abundant synthesis impurities) and that pharm grade 6-MAM like the people in the Switzerland heroin programme get, must be very like morphine with a slightly faster hit .... am I wrong?

Yeah, I am one of the few who managed to get into morphine maintenance without a previous strong heroin habit so I really can't compare. Had it a few times, snorted, maybe once smoked, and it was always either fake or just not my thing - I guess the former since the morphine definetly had its good parts although as previously said, never ever when used together with some sort of disso / NMDA antag in my system. Then all the sujbjective positives will go away and make it feel like poison. I thought at first I had overdosed, realizing that I had not.. or indeed, but only partially.. it's really weird, nobody ever I met experienced remotely similar things and since I was in heavy mental pain (even more since my beloved sweet dissociative distance was gone) well I kept trying some times....

I'd really say O-PCM was my heroine. It had everything people say to like and love about heroine, from the fast strong hit over pain killing features to silky cotton fluff stuff, dreamscapes full of endless possibilites and (sometimes) nice, deep sleep right afterwards - just that it was much more mentally stimulating in nature, with morph I got a mixed impression like it's physically rather interfering with sleep but forcing one mentally down (thus my saying of 'demonically suffocating' - like a demon luring you into taking more and more but in the end one's poisoning itself. You might say the same about dissociatives but it only got truly dangerous when I started recklessly mixing, at first dissos and opioids and then even more.

It feels like 'damned' though. Hey I got away with almost years of heavy dissociative use. Grams over grams, week over week. MXE turning out to be unexpectedly safe and pure. No psychosis. No bladder damage. Not even with mixing RC dissos or batches that certainly weren't pure MXE (or, later, O-PCM) Don't remember how many substances I've sampled in that time. Much more than a handful and some rare stuff like MPEP being within. Then, opioids added, one bad mix and I fall deeper than ever.

Apologizes for derailing the thread. :)

Last edited:
Antihistamines aren't antidepressants...
LIke Limpet Chicken mentioned, it can be both, like in the case of Mirtazapine.

seasonal affective disorder has one official indication: bupropion. Otherwise, vitamin D might help. We get it from the sun. I'd imagine that it leads to a greater serotonin/melatonin ratio as well, as this simulates getting greater sunlight, which itself leads to a greater of the aforesaid ratio.
Saying it's S.A.D. would be understating the severity of the situation, since spring/summer is even worse than fall/winter, just in the opposite direction: then I feel hypernervous, almost impossible to sleep (not sleeping for several days in a row isn't an exception), my digestive system is hyperactive, etc....
To put it in simple terms: the fall/winter period is like being in a constant lethargic/depressed state while in spring/summer you're in a constant manic state.
It's like 2 evil extremes of the same coin and it's torturous. Not surprisingly december & march are the best times of the year for me becos they're in between those extremes.

What you experienced sounds like hypomania.
hypomania, apathy, lethargy, anhedonia, depression .... you say tomatoe I say tomato ;-) All these terms are pretty subjective and are hardly strict defined scientific definitions.

I really wonder what's about the link you say, that nice, deep sleep requires the same "bad" inflammation processes we get taught to fight ...
Ever noticed when you're sick like from an infection you want too sleep all day long ? Because your immune system is activated by the cellwall of bacteria or viruses and mobilizes white blood cells and produces inlammatory subs. in response. Normal sleep could be considered as an accute infection where your immunity releases certain subs. that put you in a state of deep sleep.
But like I mentioned in my post, it's all very specific and localized in your brain regions. Unlike "bad" inflammation which can happen anywhere and can lead to a plethora of diseases, from joint afflictions (rheumatism, arthritis, gout) to metabolic dysregulation (diabetes, metabolic syndrome) to even heart disease & cancer.
Here's a good book that gives a good overview of the relationship between immunity & sleep:
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/search.php?req=neuroimmunology+of+sleep&lg_topic=libgen&open=0&view=simple&res=25&phrase=1&column=def
And one about metabolism & sleep:
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/search.php?re...open=0&res=25&view=simple&phrase=1&column=def
(Just click on a title to download the pdf)

Talking about memantine, I was thinking of trying that one (and also bromantane) out for my apathy/lethargy. Seems like a mild stimulant and it's also anxiolytic.
A good choice you think or will I get too agitated ?

Last edited:
Ever noticed when you're sick like from an infection you want too sleep all day long ?
Yep. Already wondered about this, what makes it to either lying comfortably doing nothing or to turn in bed dysphorically waiting for sleep to no avail... but it's more difficult that just that. I am looking for kind of an "inner energy source" which can also be full, medium, empty but appears to be partially/mostly independent of what your usual psychostim is able to achieve.

What makes the difference between being "wired but tired" and full wide awake? When the body and mind are out of equilibrium, one's tired and the other lesser etc.. what is that made of? Any ways to fill up that inner energy source, to feel fresh again and motivated, calm yet awake etc?

Talking about memantine, I was thinking of trying that one (and also bromantane) out for my apathy/lethargy. Seems like a mild stimulant and it's also anxiolytic.
A good choice you think or will I get too agitated ?
Oh I'd love to get my hands onto some real bromantane, just read that much of the bulk has been fake, mostly just Ladasten which was discontinued (why??) was the good one. I've wrote that off much too early, w/o having it lab tested.

Memantine - it's a kind of beast. Truly unexpected from something labelled "alzheimer's med" but now, thinking again, ok against a strong, life-threatening disease you also need strong drugs so it makes sense again :) It's definitely stimulating, yet completely different from amphetamine/methylphenidate - it's a clean, calm, focused stimulation and you need to remember I (partially, I think I do know what you're experiencing though) and maybe many people are more fighting against sleepiness or being non motivated etc.. maybe it affects you completely differently. Unfortunately it doesn't really fill up that inner energy source I've mentioned and you're looking for, yet it's much much better at this than other stuff. Just don't know whether it just doesn't drain it as fast or whatever. Its half live is of several days so one has to sleep on it which you have to try it how and if it works for you.

Do you have any experiences with NMDA antagonistic substances?

Last edited:
6-monoacetyldihydromorphine is quite certainly different, in my appraisal of it.

Not prepared myself, the first dose ever taken, but again, always same route has been used, it originated from pharmaceutical DHC, so no trace alkaloids are going to be present, as from crude opium derivatives.

I cannot wait to assay the 6-monopropionyl ester of dihydromorphine. Never tried dihydromorphine itself. Plenty experience with morphine also (I'm prescribed it)

Quite superior, 6-AcO-DHM, compared to morphine, at least, to my tastes. I should think the propionate ester, given the MASSIVE improvement where a propionyl ester is prepared in lieu of the commoner acetyl ester in the case of morphine>heroin, would be quite something. Soon as some 100% propionic acid can be gotten....

(dipropionylmorphine is far superior to H, morphine both, vastly longer duration of action, more than double that of IM or IV morphine or H, 15 hours from a big shot is definitely not asking too much of the drug; more euphoric than either, significantly so. Rush like a damn stinger missile taking off....potency and quality spike vastly from lengthening the ester from 2C acetyl ester to 3C propionate ester, and then drops back down if di-n-butyroyl ester is prepared and tasted. The latter being bland, meh, just not much different from H, morphine superior, heroin about equal (I prefer morphine to H any day, personally)

Same goes for the dibenzoyl ester of morphine. Not too dissimilar to heroin, in any of these cases, no trace alkaloids from poppy present, pharmaceutical morphine used, and likewise, high quality grades of commercial acylating agents. Uncut, that much, I can be certain of.

The fag juice is based on a propylene glycol base (I do not allow glycerin to be present in mine, nor will I use off the shelf ones containing it, because of the dehydration of glycerin to acrolein, a most unpleasant substance, which has the nature of a tear-gas, only far more toxic (...)

Oh yeah you're right about that. I am mixing my own liquids due to monetary reasons, and just went for the 90 VG/10 PG base cause it's called vegetable glycerin and so, umm, of natural origin (plant'd be more accurate, as mineral oil is also natural, just in a different sense). And had to replace the atomizer so often, I just thought of it being a side effect of vaping, this and the side effects of sometimes inhaling a bit of ugly burned shit, which was exactly what I wanted to avoid by switching to vaping.

So well, yesterday I've bought a bottle of PG and it's so much better with 50/50 or even pure PG ... much cleaner, apparently no more accidents with toxic fumes .. Lesson learnt again: don't believe everything, even if the people in the shop tell or recommend you something (or exactly then.) :\ Granted, I could require some friends whereas I'd learn from their mistakes but then again most bullshit comes from people you thought you'd trust...

Mg is a required co-factor for the NMDA complex to work, and there it functions as an antagonist, blocking the Ca influx pore - yet Mg even in astronomous dosages isn't a real dissociative / NMDA antagonist ... (correct me where I'm wrong)

What's ZMA?