• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How Likely Are You To Get Cut Off Of Suboxone If You Follow ALL The Rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CfZrx

Bluelighter
MDVP Psychosis warned me. I think in todays environment it is very easy to stay on Sub. Doctors think it is a vitamin for addicts and pain at this point IMHO. What do you think?

I think you may have taken my 'warning' too seriously. I was just saying it can't hurt to have a month or two for any contingency like an apocalypse, natural disaster, etc

If you have a good doctor who follows the rules and you yourself are good (show up to appointments, pass drugs tests, be a good boy, etc) then you probably have little to worry about.

Well, I sure am a good boy :) Thanks MDPV!!! I noticed I now have "Narcotic Dependence" in my file at the doctors. Is that bad? Maybe necessary to be able to script Sub for pain?

A big element to this question lies in the political climate around Suboxone. Currently they are basically forcing doctors to transition pain patients to Sub. Everything about Sub is positive in the news. So your likelihood of getting cut off is low in this regard.

like MPDV is getting at, you should have enough of any prescription you're dependent on to taper yourself. who knows what's gonna happen with you and/or your doc. probably nothing, but, in case, sure would be nice to have a bit so you can look for a replacement prescriber without being horribly sick, copping, or going to the er.

like MPDV is getting at, you should have enough of any prescription you're dependent on to taper yourself. who knows what's gonna happen with you and/or your doc. probably nothing, but, in case, sure would be nice to have a bit so you can look for a replacement prescriber without being horribly sick, copping, or going to the er.
Do you think a month's worth is enough? How long a gap in service should you prepare for? And this: do they run quantitative tests to check if your levels are what they should be for your dose? Or is this unheard of because insurance won't pay for such precise care?

Dude when the California fires happened, I couldn?t pick up H the freeways were closed. Man was that rough and did that teach me a lesson to always have an emergency around, even 1 days emergency stash. During a disaster like that withdrawals are just not an option. It is already such a rough situation to be in when you?re sober and clear headed. Now add goosebumps, diarreah, puking, shaking, extreme fatigue, sweating profusely, aching legs, just complete panic honestly. Plus you gotta run get your shit ready pack things etc. it?s just so rough. I can?t imagine what people went through during Katrina. I read some crazy stories about people being super dope sick and kayaking to pharmacies and breaking in to find any opiates or benzos/whatever and stay well during the whole event. Gnarly, but ya subuxone seems like you can get trapped in it pretty easily nowadays

Gnarly, but ya subuxone seems like you can get trapped in it pretty easily nowadays
That sounds like pure hell! I was following you right up until this last statement. Could you please say it in a different way? Thanks!

How many milligrams should you stash if your daily dose is about 4mg? Would 5,000 mg be enough? 20,000?

how are you gonna have 20,000mgs extra to stash? whatever amount makes you feel secure, within what you're able to set aside.

Not our scene man. Read the rules before creating new threads please :) You should know better my friend. I'm guessing this has something to do with the MDPV? I'm not saying I'm upset or anything, but I am closing this because it doesn't belong here and for the fact that your program, by law, is required to have basic rules that dictate what defines Good Standing in a program. Typically things like illicit drug usage/sales, positive EtOH/BAC/Breathalyzer, assaulting or threatening program staff etc.

We can't tell you more than anyone who works at your program can.

Status
Not open for further replies.