• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Testing mushrooms ehrlich reagent test?

speedygonzales

Bluelighter
Can you test is mushrooms are magic mushrooms with a ehrlich regent test. Or is there any test which I can use to identify magic mushroom

I do not believe there is. Are you talking about identifying wild specimens? A regent test is not the way to do that as far as I know, not according to the knowledge of mycologists and fungi enthusiasts who know their specimens.

I don't think a plant identification app can work for mushrooms but I have to say don't try it unless you are with an experienced mycologist and even then only go by their knowledge of identification.

I could be wrong, maybe there is a test.

Very interesting read here then I will get back on topic: www.statnews.com/2018/08/23/science-testing-claimed-benefits-of-psilocybin-microdosing, www.scientificamerican.com/article/scientists-are-starting-to-test-claims-about-microdosing

I think we should legalize them regardless worldwide and labs could test then sell wild ones legally all over. An evolving society of open hearts and advancing minds.

The problem is that natural products tend to contain a very wide range of chemicals which can affect the outcome of a reagent test.

Unfortunately it's hard to identify dried mushrooms accurately but when they are fresh there are many guides to picking the correct ones.