• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Hello, new to group!

Oldlady57

Greenlighter
Just an older lady with a few questions! Found this group on google search. Just want to say hello, & hope to get a few answers to a few questions. Not the best at this internet stuff but learning. So, Hello & Thanks for letting me enter the group. Not sure if this is right thread. I caught the old man smoking a glass pipe, he is saying it?s just speed!! But have noticed if he is busy, he stays awake, but if he sets down, he can go to sleep in one second. Just want to know what I am dealing with. Any & all answers are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Welcome to Bluelight Oldlady57!

If 57 is your age, I wouldn't consider that too old! We have some members here in their 80s. So welcome aboard!

I think in regards to your man, he might be smoking meth, and not sure how you'd like to deal with it. It is a strong stimulant and aphrodisiac, with a lot of negative side effects and high addiction potential. If you are worried he may become addicted, I would sit him down and explain how you know it's an addictive drug and that he should to taper off of it.

Hope everything goes well, and feel free to ask any more questions,
madness00

Thank you Madness00, I have talked to him. Another question, do you nod off on Meth? His pupils seem small, not large, could it be some kind of opiate? Thanks again!

No I would say the normal response is to "tweak" on meth. Perhaps it is meth and he is experiencing an atypical response. Either way it sounds like it is not cannabis and if he says it was speed why would he try to use that to hide the fact he is smoking an opiate or something else?

Meth might burn someone out like that however I am not sure the usual response is induction of sleep.

Thanks for your response. He knows how I feel about all drugs, lost to many family & friends to it. So that is the reason he is trying to convince me it is just ?speed?. Old time trucker habit!! Still trying to figure it out.