• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Butrans Patch

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
I recently acquired some Butrans patches (10mcg/hr) to hold me over until I can refill my Norco script. I?ve never used these, so I?m trying to find a comparison. If I take 15-20 mg of Norco for analgesia, sedation, and euphoria, what is the equivalent in Butrans patch? I am willing to eat/chew if necessary, but I?ve never used these before so I?m trying to make sure I don?t consume more than the 15-20 Norco equivalent.

welcome and try out this https://butrans.com/resources/opioid-conversion-tool.html maybe it should work for you, if you can IDK how the patch looks but cut it in more pieces without removing the side that covers the sticky side as I tend to do sometimes with very high dose fentanyl patches, but as bupe patches idk what to tell you, the site may work something out for you, keep using the main google related search bar for a similar topic/thread. according to the tool the whole patch would work for you but you need to tapper before a little bit as it indicates.

Thanks for that link Morpheus, it's greatly appreciated. I was reading the OP and my head was already spinning, as making equivalent dosage suggestions when dealing with controlled release patches is difficult. You're dealing with one drug that is administered as a Bolus essentially or, all-at-once vs. a drug that releases a given dosage of Opioid every hour. It's not incredibly easy to do.

I would definitely follow Morpheus' advice and check out the proprietary website. They must have had to do all of this math already prior to putting the new drug on the market. However, you need to be aware that ascertaining a "complete" dosage conversion between an Opioid Agonist and a Partial Agonist/Antagonist like Buprenorphine is going to further complicate things for you. At any rate, get back to us after checking the proprietary site and if you don't find what you're after, we'll go back to the drawing board.

Well it's only 2.4mg per patch, a safe dose

Try a patch and see how that holds you (it is long lasting)

I honestly wouldn't worry about conversion as a 1-2mg "bolus" of bupe would have been my recommendation anyway