Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Avocados

Oh my gwad I love you mister

Keep that duster en guard pls kthnx in advance

[edit] fueled by vodkah ... obv etc <3 ;p

I personally think they are disgusting,

Agreed. They're expensive too.

I've always read about the amazing health benefits of avocados, they are a great source of essential fats which is rare for a fruit... so i've always wanted to include them in my diet. But the taste is just so rancid.

Tried using avocado oil to get around having to eat the disgusting things, but that still has an utterly repugnant flavour to it. So from now on, for my essential fats i really stick to coconut oil and flax seed oil. They both taste great, coconut oil in particular being an interesting one to cook with... and have amazing benefits.

Avocados are delicious :D

I agree, although I recently bunged one in a banana smoothie expecting some kind of beautiful elixir like people seem to brag about on instagram, and instead was left with a fatty gloop that reminded me of lard.

Yes they are :)

Also Fubar, I see you started a thread called Bollocks then follow it up with this. You're obsessed man!!

(For anyone who doesn't know Avocado is derived from the word 'testicle ').

Is it really? That's brilliant! I honestly didn't know that...

I agree, although I recently bunged one in a banana smoothie expecting some kind of beautiful elixir like people seem to brag about on instagram, and instead was left with a fatty gloop that reminded me of lard.

Bahaha, that made me larf =D

Avocados should be eaten with prawns and a marie-rose sauce. While wearing flares. And listening to ABBA.

Avocados should be eaten with prawns and a marie-rose sauce. While wearing flares. And listening to ABBA.

Heheh, you forgot 'drinking babycham, wearing Old Spice aftershave and watching Bouquet of Barbed Wire'...

I always loathed the slippery bastards... until I was introduced to fresh, homemade guacamole a few years back. Must confess I am a convert. They're just yummy - especially mashed up with chicken and bacon, drizzeled with chilli sauce and served on a crusty roll... <3

BehindtheShadow and Shambles ideas i have tried. pretty tasty stuff. have not tried Raasyvibes idea, sounds interesting.

agreed with Tranced, by itself it tastes like mushrooms you try to trip on and sit around all day asking "do you feel anything yet?". not bad in combination with other things though.

@CFC: i almost said "hold my beer" but realized i'm out of prawns and stores are closed.

@F.U.B.A.R.: see what happens when our affinity for round things gets away with us, avocados and bollocks, smh. let's keep it to women shall we?! though i do not like the idea of the yuppies here making it the biggest thing since sliced cheese. it's not my first choice in produce though. i'm a melon man (no sarcasm, all subtlety).

thanks for the article, it's reminiscent of the Iceland one in CE&P, Britains Banned Christmas Advert. (usa could learn a thing or two from uk...maybe)

hipster or wanker? do i have to choose just one?

For lunch today I had a bowl of "savoury rice" - would struggle to tell you precisely what was in it, cos I didn't prepare it myself, but involved a few spices, herbs and veggies (inb4 Batchelor's) to which was added leftover chopped spicy chicken thighs and, yes, chopped avocado. This was smothered in hot and sweet pepper sauces and cheese then all microwaved together till melty. Was pretty goshdarn tasty.