Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Opiates = happiness = Addiction?

Lovethehappy

Greenlighter
[h=2]Abuse opiates and not get addicted?[/h]
renderTimingPixel.png

This may sound a subjective question as people have different tolerances and may be able to control there willpower more then others.
But say you take a nice big dose of your favourite opiates (codeine)once/twice in a week ,would you for the next few days suffer with withdraw symptoms?
Obviously if you have big dose of alcohol you would be hangover next day and maybe suffer with depressive like symptoms for a few days after. Where as u could smoke lots of weed and been fine next day
I guess what im asking is do you have any tips not to get addicted.. As i do suffer with underlying depression / anxiety, i wouldn't want to make it worse, but when i do opiates that one of the only times i feel at ease or in a blissful state..
And i get that medical advice is dont take pain meds for more then 3 days in a row..:?

No. The beauty of opiates is that from periodic use, there is NO hangover or other negative symptoms. Unfortunately, this is also why this class of drugs is so insidious. They make you feel great. You also feel great the next day and the day after that. You start to feel invincible. You can do anything. You take them more frequently. Still no problem.

Then one day you wake up and suddenly you realise you've got a dependence. You feel shit and you just know that the ONLY thing that will make you feel better is more of the same.

Unfortunately, the only 'tip to not get addicted' I can give you is to stop now! Every addict in the world thought they could beat this shit. They couldn't, and neither can you.

opiates = artificial warmth, temporary bliss = false sense of security = addiction = suffering, pain, misery...and back to opiates
not worth it, heroin feels great but no heroin feels so much worse on so many levels

Lots of threads on this topic where I've replied to most of them. Twice a week will eventually result in mild withdrawal.