Bluelight

Thread: Detox Takes Months

1. Collapse Details
    Detox Takes Months 
    Heroin? Nah. Never shot that. Bumped morphine once in a crackhouse with someone who asked me to shoot it however, I denied. I knew that shooting it could have converted me into a dope fiend on the spot. Also almost bought a batch once but backed out at the last minute out of fear of becoming a heroin addict. As if being a "regular" addict or crackhead or meth abuser or alcoholic is any better.

Anyways my story is long but I want to talk about all of it with you here, just not today. Short on time. Terrible relapse recently and I got asked to do more shifts than I was scheduled for but I feel I can muster the strength to work through them (attractive females in the workplace isn't hurting me not show up).

Word of week: ENDURANCE

See you next week with more of a bio on my issue.

Oh btw someone told me alcohol and the other shit I was using takes months to get out of my system. Like on a cellular level.

2. Collapse Details

Sober Living
    The Dark Side
    Quote Originally Posted by shenming View Post
    Oh btw someone told me alcohol and the other shit I was using takes months to get out of my system. Like on a cellular level.
    Welcome. I heard that once too, though it was anecdotal. I've never read anything like that in the medical literature. I did have a rehab psychiatrist tell me that it takes about 7 years for the brain to completely heal itself, but the majority of that healing takes place in the first year.
    Struggling with addiction? Join us at Sober Living. We can help.

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    i got told in rehab that all drugs are stored to some extent in your subcutaneous fat and those being released can contribute to extended withdrawals. it wasn't by a doctor though, but a psychologist who's done enough rehab and research for me to be inclined to trust him.

4. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    I dunno. Unless you have liver damage or a compromised immune system, your body is pretty damn good at cleansing itself. We are exposed to all kinds of toxins daily (even if we don't drink/use) and yet we live 70, 80, 90+ years. People used to say that LSD stayed in your spinal fluid for decades. Bullshit.

Peace&Love,
    jasper

​"Falsehood flies, and the Truth comes limping after it..." -- Jonathan Swift