Bluelight

Thread: I feel safe in this. I sleep in it. I walk around my block in it at night.

1. Collapse Details
    I feel safe in this. I sleep in it. I walk around my block in it at night. 
    https://postimg.cc/mPfPRfHW

Not sure what this says about me psychologically. My neighbors dog is so friendly. When she saw me in it, she became terrified. Does this outfit touch you at a primal level? Was told to stop as I could get shot. Don't care.

2. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    The Dark Side
    Well... I gotta say I'd be immediately on guard if I saw someone walking towards me wearing that, because it's the mask of a movie serial killer. You really can't blame people for that. In general people wearing masks when it's not dress-up time makes people nervous, I think, and for good reason... it provides anonymity, it covers the face, which is what we use to recognize people. Of course you know that you don't mean any harm, but how could others know that? Consider that other times people wear masks when they're not playing dress-up is when they're committing crimes and don't want to be able to be recognized. I can understand your neighbor's concern, though it would be cool if we lived in a civilization where people didn't have to worry about other people.

Most likely people would react negatively if you walked around wearing any sort of mask but the fact that it's a well-recognized movie serial killer mask makes it about the worst choice in terms of people being comfortable with it.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeister View Post
    Well... I gotta say I'd be immediately on guard if I saw someone walking towards me wearing that, because it's the mask of a movie serial killer. You really can't blame people for that. In general people wearing masks when it's not dress-up time makes people nervous, I think, and for good reason... it provides anonymity, it covers the face, which is what we use to recognize people. Of course you know that you don't mean any harm, but how could others know that? Consider that other times people wear masks when they're not playing dress-up is when they're committing crimes and don't want to be able to be recognized. I can understand your neighbor's concern, though it would be cool if we lived in a civilization where people didn't have to worry about other people.

Most likely people would react negatively if you walked around wearing any sort of mask but the fact that it's a well-recognized movie serial killer mask makes it about the worst choice in terms of people being comfortable with it.
    I wear it when I sleep at night. I feel as though it keeps me safe. It must touch at a primal level, because animals freak out when they see me in it. I feel safe with it. It is a deterrent and a means of defense. You see that, you don't attack it, you run from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeAPXqIaE0E

4. Collapse Details

The Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Barrenian View Post
    I wear it when I sleep at night. I feel as though it keeps me safe. It must touch at a primal level, because animals freak out when they see me in it. I feel safe with it. It is a deterrent and a means of defense. You see that, you don't attack it, you run from it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeAPXqIaE0E
    I'm thinking animals freak out because they also use facial recognition and not being able to see the eyes is probably a big thing. Like wearing a hoodie, animals tend to bug out.

What do you feel that it is keeping you safe from at night? Do you think that you are going to be attacked at night?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
    I'm thinking animals freak out because they also use facial recognition and not being able to see the eyes is probably a big thing. Like wearing a hoodie, animals tend to bug out.

What do you feel that it is keeping you safe from at night? Do you think that you are going to be attacked at night?
    I feel that it is so frightening that it scares away negative energy. Like a higher tier malevolence warding away lower ranked ones.

6. Collapse Details

The Dark Side

Why do you feel you need protection at night specifically? Or do you wear it during the day too?

7. Collapse Details

In the Satanic Bible (R.I.P. Anton Szandor Lavey) he talks about how to "transform" into a monster or werewolf and it's a similar idea.

I don't remember if he mentions wearing a mask specifically but I seem to feel like he does, or it could just be my memory of it, and it was years ago that I read the passage regarding it, but whether the person is supposed to wear a mask or not (I think they do), they are told to go out into a scary part of the woods late at night in order to actually attempt to scare themselves.

Once they are themselves scared they are essentially supposed to imagine that same scary energy coming from themselves, and then they start to feel that THEY THEMSELVES ARE SCARY and they feel powerful instead of scary.

I would imagine psychologists and sociologists would have much to say about the phenomena, and probably anthropologists as well in terms of studying the history of so many cultures who have painted their faces or worn masks as forms of magic or protection (voodoo, European witchcraft, African magic, etc). It's also what the Maori of New Zealand (or is it Australia?) do before going into battle with their dance and masks.

Wearing masks is one of the oldest forms of ceremonial magic.

I used to be very into the occult and still find it fascinating but have not studied it for years.

It makes sense obviously on a basic level that trying to make yourselves look frightening would seem to protect you, I mean lizards puff themselves up and many animals do this, but in reality, in the society we live in it will probably do the opposite.

Sooner or later I'd imagine if you walk around with that on you will attract the attention of a cop or if you walked around like that in a really bad neighborhood some criminal might shoot you.

I mean even if you forget about the cops, if i were in a bad area with criminal activity attracting attention would be the LAST thing I'd want to do.

I'd feel safest if I blend in.

If you go somewhere where there's actual thugs they are going to notice you and that's not probably such a great thing...but before that you'd probably get arrested...

Also, no judgements, but the fact that you feel like you want to wear that to be safe to me means maybe you should talk to a shrink... (I've talked to PLENTY in my time...)

For REAL protection, buy a gun if you want.

That's just entertainment at best, and actually puts you in danger at your worst.

But if you are by yourself that's fine, and it makes me laugh imagining someone sitting around the house wearing it haha. I love horror movies.

8. Collapse Details

The Dark Side

I agree with Myco… might not be the best thing to be walking around the block in. It's inviting more trouble than it will be working to defend you. People can react in similar unpredictable ways as a wild animal when truly scared, but to a lesser degree. It might not be as drastic, but I don't think I'm alone when saying that I'm not thinking normal. Things like calling the cops or throwing a punch might not seem so drastic in the moment.

Plus socially you might get known as the weirdo who wears the mask.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mycophile View Post
    In the Satanic Bible (R.I.P. Anton Szandor Lavey) he talks about how to "transform" into a monster or werewolf and it's a similar idea.

I don't remember if he mentions wearing a mask specifically but I seem to feel like he does, or it could just be my memory of it, and it was years ago that I read the passage regarding it, but whether the person is supposed to wear a mask or not (I think they do), they are told to go out into a scary part of the woods late at night in order to actually attempt to scare themselves.

Once they are themselves scared they are essentially supposed to imagine that same scary energy coming from themselves, and then they start to feel that THEY THEMSELVES ARE SCARY and they feel powerful instead of scary.

I would imagine psychologists and sociologists would have much to say about the phenomena, and probably anthropologists as well in terms of studying the history of so many cultures who have painted their faces or worn masks as forms of magic or protection (voodoo, European witchcraft, African magic, etc). It's also what the Maori of New Zealand (or is it Australia?) do before going into battle with their dance and masks.

Wearing masks is one of the oldest forms of ceremonial magic.

I used to be very into the occult and still find it fascinating but have not studied it for years.

It makes sense obviously on a basic level that trying to make yourselves look frightening would seem to protect you, I mean lizards puff themselves up and many animals do this, but in reality, in the society we live in it will probably do the opposite.

Sooner or later I'd imagine if you walk around with that on you will attract the attention of a cop or if you walked around like that in a really bad neighborhood some criminal might shoot you.

I mean even if you forget about the cops, if i were in a bad area with criminal activity attracting attention would be the LAST thing I'd want to do.

I'd feel safest if I blend in.

If you go somewhere where there's actual thugs they are going to notice you and that's not probably such a great thing...but before that you'd probably get arrested...

Also, no judgements, but the fact that you feel like you want to wear that to be safe to me means maybe you should talk to a shrink... (I've talked to PLENTY in my time...)

For REAL protection, buy a gun if you want.

That's just entertainment at best, and actually puts you in danger at your worst.

But if you are by yourself that's fine, and it makes me laugh imagining someone sitting around the house wearing it haha. I love horror movies.
    When I put it on, I feel different. My physical pain dissipates, and I fantasize sneaking about in it. While it's on, all my fears, so deeply embedded, come to the surface and are turned inside out into something that projects outwards from me onto others as a kind of weapon. The pain dissipation is of course my mind tricking itself, but I even sleep with it next to me because I feel safe with it around.