• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drinking black tar

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAbaby

Greenlighter
I just put a chunk of black tar in a pear cider because my dude didn?t have any oxy which I usually get. Did I just waste my product? Probably should have asked this beforehand hahah

I don't really know about black tar, but any form of heroin isn't active orally. It seems like you may have wasted your stash.

Heroin can be used orally, it'll get metabolized into morphine. Won't pack as much of a punch as other routes. From Wikipedia:

Wikipedia said:
By mouth

Use of heroin by mouth is less common than other methods of administration, mainly because there is little to no "rush", and the effects are less potent.[41] Heroin is entirely converted to morphine by means of first-pass metabolism, resulting in deacetylation when ingested. Heroin's oral bioavailability is both dose-dependent (as is morphine's) and significantly higher than oral use of morphine itself, reaching up to 64.2% for high doses and 45.6% for low doses; opiate-naive users showed far less absorption of the drug at low doses, having bioavailabilities of only up to 22.9%. The maximum plasma concentration of morphine following oral administration of heroin was around twice as much as that of oral morphine.[42]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin#By_mouth

Complete waste my man. Have a friend who likes H but is completely against smoking and very rarely IV's. Black Tar is all that's really around Ireland at the moment. He has tried this 3 times of my knowledge with the hope of getting something each time and never has. So he doesn't do it all as its just a pure waste unfortunately. Sorry about that, you win some, you lose some as they say. Stay Safe, Peace, Mr.Heffo94.

Complete waste my man. Have a friend who likes H but is completely against smoking and very rarely IV's. Black Tar is all that's really around Ireland at the moment. He has tried this 3 times of my knowledge with the hope of getting something each time and never has. So he doesn't do it all as its just a pure waste unfortunately. Sorry about that, you win some, you lose some as they say. Stay Safe, Peace, Mr.Heffo94.

Yes oral is wasteful compared to other routes but it's incorrect to call it a complete waste. See above.

Yeah sorry for calling it a complete waste but in comparison to other method's it would be. If there is other ways that are available for you to do it that is what i'd suggest over drinking it. I was just talking from my friends experience and he got little to nothing from it whereas I IV'd the same stuff and it hit me as normal. I guess it all depends on the dosage as what you posted mentioned. Also it would depend on the potency also. It's just alot more awkward and alot more hassle as well as not half as strong as other method's. Personally I would advise against it anyhow. Stay Safe, Peace, Mr.Heffo94.

The oral bioavailability of Heroin (Morphine Diacetate) just like Morphine is about 1/3 that of the injection route and 1/2 that of insufflation. In fact, if you want to get technical, when Heroin is consumed orally, it actually loses the Dual Acetyl groups that give it its defining potency. I would refer you to an online Opioid calculator to determine an approximate equipotent dosage between the two. I say approximate, because as you know Heroin is going to vary widely in potency.

This one should work well. I just did the conversion. I really prefer to "teach people to fish" and have them find and use the calculator for their own future benefit, but I can't really not post the equivalent as someone could get hurt. So, 10mg Oxycodone = 15mg Morphine by the oral route. This is only a reference point. You're dealing with an illicit substance that has traveled a long way to get to you.

https://www.oregonpainguidance.org/opioidmedcalculator/

Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.