• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

I?m In Need of Some Hope

Astroboy787

Greenlighter
Hello all,

I am a recovering drug addict. I was a hardcore meth user for a little over 2 years. I finally stopped 5 months ago (I have slipped twice but overall I?m doing ok).

The reason I stopped was I started getting intense chest pains (which still happen occasionally but sporadically). When I started doing it, I didn?t really want to live. I didn?t seek it out but someone offered me some and I tried it. Now, 2 years later, I seriously regret the damage I?ve done to my body and I actually want to live my life.

My fear is that it?s too late. Of course, I?ll see a doctor, but realistically, if there is a major issue, will there be treatment options for me? My life is much better but no where near where I want it to be. I?m only 30, but I?m afraid I won?t live to see 40. I haven?t seen a doctor yet because I know I need more time being drug free to expand my treatment options.

I know the outlook is bleak, but does anyone know of former meth addicts that were able to recover their physical health to some extent (through medicine, surgery, etc).

All I need now is hope to keep going, hope that there?s a chance I can at least make 50 or maybe 60. I have a new full time job that I actually like, I?m also a semiprofessional musician and I have a fianc?. So life is ok, I just want some hope to keep going. Obviously there are no guarantees, but any hope would be enough to lift me out of the depression I?m in.

Thanks for your time!

Welcome to BL and TDS AstroBoy. At five months in, you're likely still experience the PAWS funk. It's never a bad idea to see a psychiatrist - they might try a few different types of ADs to see which one lifts you out of your funk. And it wouldn't be a bad idea to see a GP to see what the cause of the chest pains might be. Even if we were doctors (which we're not), we couldn't advise you of your conditions let alone treatments and outcomes because we haven't examined you. So if it's eating at you that much, just see a doc sooner rather than later and get some answers instead of ruminating on worst case scenarios and then asking us what we think. The outlook doesn't have to be bleak - it sounds like you've found a lot of ways to fill your time productively. Make the most of it! Good luck to you.

Last edited:
I did meth 2 years. Suffered a massive psychosis. My skin was tiny green. My organs were failing. Since 06 I quit.

Tried it in 2015 like three times then stopped. I no longer have psychosis and my health is so much better.

Props to you for quoting. Ppl underestimate how addictive and destructive it is. I say you?re going to be fine. You?re young the older you are is when you need to worry.

I can fully bet that it?s anxiety you?re feeling. Doesn?t hurt to see a doc but I assure you their going to say you?re ok.

Stay away from those who do it and keep up the good work.

Proud of you!