• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

If I didn't like 2c-e, would I still enjoy 2c-b?

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
Title pretty much asks it.. I hope this isn't against the rules.

I always hear people talking up 2c-b and while I'm curious I really didn't find 2c-e all that great when I tried it. The bodyload was too much to be comfortable compared to the effects. It's been the reason I've avoided 2c-b (cheeseburgers as they call it round here) but am beginning to think twice.

How is the bodyload when comparing the two? Is the effect a lot better overall?

-GC

Different. I think they both have a pleasurable body high though E can sometimes be a bit much. Their fairly different. 2c-B is way shallower and more of a party psychedelic IMO. Nice if that's what your looking for.

2C-E is about as heavy as it gets... one of the strongest psychedelics there is. 2C-B is much more recreational, not anywhere near as much depth but also a much easier and more pleasurable experience. 2C-E can be extremely pleasurable but also quite offputting. The two are very different drugs. It's hard for me to imagine 2C-B being uncomfortable. 2C-E is always uncomfortable to some degree whenever I've tried it (that said it's in my top tier of psychedelics and I love it).

I'd imagine the majority of people prefer 2c-b, 2c-b is what I'd call a party psychedelic where as when taking 2c-e I prefer to be alone, wrapped up in a blanket with a bit of music, nothing to crazy as I find it easy to get confused on 2c-e its very introspective, 2c-b on the other hand is just Party Party Party!!!

In my experience, the body load is nothing alike. Actually, there's not a whole lot of similarity between them. 2C-B is considerably more stimulating for me, enough to be anxiogenic in high doses or when used intranasally. Side effects are mostly jaw and muscle tension, gas, insomnia, and occasionally nausea - all very mild. 2C-E has an itchy, prickly, warm tactile vibe to it - benadryl and rectal ROAs pretty much eliminate side effects for me, though.

2C-E is for me about the most intensely mind warping psychedelic out there. It's at the absolute opposite end of the spectrum as 2C-B, which is friendlier and more positive, but for me vastly less personal. 2C-B's plateau can afford me a beautiful stillness of mind, but it wasn't a material that lent itself naturally to utility for me; I had to learn to work with it to get anything. I find dosing orally to produce wildly unpredictable effects, and find the side effects obnoxious when oral doses approach levels where it's likely to actually be interesting. Rectal is better and intranasal doses can be great, but it's painful, bad for the nose, the come up is jarring, and the experience awfully short. In short, YMMV.

Caveat: most people have fewer side effects and deeper experiences from oral 2C-B. I'm not sure why my experience is the reverse

^^Well wrote my friend, I love this line >> 2C-B's plateau can afford me a beautiful stillness of mind, but it wasn't a material that lent itself naturally to utility for me; I had to learn to work with it to get anything

Haven?t tried 2CE so I can?t directly compare but the body load on 2CB was very mild to me. Really overall enjoyable and have used it at festivals and much more chill settings and loved both

Thanks for the responses guys. Honestly I'm open to trying it now.

I should note I only used 2c-e intranasal (and one vape exp) the times I tried it, that may have increased the bodyload a bit plus of course the feeling like someone sprayed sulfuric acid up your nose.

To be fair too during my experimentation it was like the deepest worst time of my life. (Fully addicted to opiates but with zero supply at the time.) Maybe 2c-e would treat me differently these days.

I appreciate it, now to wait for some more to come along :)

-GC

If you give 2C-E a shot again I think you should try it orally (or rectally sounds gentle too). The dark times you were in in your life at the time definitely would have colored the experience. It definitely would treat you differently these days, but that's no promise that you'd like it more than 2c-b! It seems like 2C-E is pretty easy to dose too high, so I'd recommend trying it out at the lower end of the dosage, say 10mg, if you go back to it.

I find 2C-B very different from 2C-E too. It seems like a lot of people on here prefer 2C-E to 2C-B, myself included, but the vast masses seem to really like 2C-B so there must be something to that. I wonder if 2C-E has some kind of drug nerd appeal, or if it's just that it never really got discovered by the mass psychedelic culture?

Anyways, the two are different enough that I agree it's worth trying out 2C-B, it might really resonate with you. It's definitely lighter and easier going.

2C-E is a majestic beast. It's like it turns off my autonomy of thought, and everything is a new thing to be considered. I guess all good psychedelics do this to some extent but 2C-E does it really strongly. I am usually uneasy until the state stabilizes itself, the come-up and peak I generally feel some degree of uncomfortable and tense, and then post-peak I start to feel warm and glowy and serene, with a lot of great and deep thoughts and insights. Communication is difficult for me until post-peak. I am pretty much always left with a sense of something good having happened, with clearer thoughts on things. The visuals are very intense with full-scale perspective shifting and super clear vision and hearing, and also small-scale fractal-style patterns, very organic visuals IMO, similar to LSD or tryptamines. Best music enhancer of anything out there, and fully immersive, narrative CEVs.

On the other hand, 2C-B feels very nice the whole time (I mean I imagine the come-up would still be somewhat unpleasant if you tend to have unpleasant come-ups, personally I don't anymore and the whole thing from first alerts to the end feels pleasurable), and puts you into a happy, loving state of mind, partially empathogenic. Not too deep. Great visuals, but a "persian rug" style, colorful, vibrant crawling patternings, without the full-scale perspective shifting/waving of 2C-E. Great music enhancement with good immersive CEVs but not as much as 2C-E. 2C-B is mostly recreational for me, for a more useful/introspective trip that is similar to 2C-B otherwise, I really love 2C-C.

I think the different 2C-Xs differ from each other moreso than the different 4-substituted tryptamines do. Which is one reason why they're such cool drugs. :) The 2C-Xs were the original popular research chemicals, it's a real shame that they've basically disappeared, because there are a lot of really great psychedelics in there. 2C-T-2 and 2C-T-7 are also gems.

Never had 2C-B itself, but if it is anything like 2C-C or 2C-B-FLY (which I am told it is, except for the duration being much shorter than the FLY version), it is an extremely... "sensual" experience. Like, literally. I remember walking around on 2C-B-FLY, and the ground felt like it was made of soft rubber. It took me a while to realize it wasn't the ground that was soft, but that my feet were feeling the padding inside my shoes anew with every step I took. Everything I made tactile contact with just felt sooo pleasant.

2C-E, on the other hand, is mind-blowing. Not necessarily in a pleasant way, though. Your jaw may clench like you could chew charcoal and spit out diamonds, and you might experience truly disturbing thoughts and visuals. But your mind may also write you epic tales that put Tolstoi to shame... and when you've thought them through all the way to the end, you'll be astonished that less than 15 minutes have passed. I never got much in the way of Open-Eye Visuals from 2C-E, but the CEV's were amazing: columns stretching down into eternity, neon lights, beautiful fractals, and (at 25 mg, oral) reality warping to assume a toroidal shape (although that was at a solid +3, where it was becoming hard to differentiate between OEV's and CEV's).

Me, I prefer 2C-E, but I enjoy solo-tripping and I'm not exactly into the whole rave scene. In the end, they are both great substances in their own way, but 2C-B is easily the one most people are going to prefer, especially in a club/party setting. It's kind of like comparing J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek" and David Lynch's "Dune"...

Last edited:
I really enjoyed 2ce. Although i only took it a couple of times. 2ci was one i took more often. Much more stimulanting but just one i felt to be easier for me.

2cb, i had a great source but never really liked it. It felt more loose and i got more intense psychological experiences and body load than ever from any other phenethylamine. Yet my friends all raved about my source.

My point is many appear to enjoy 2cb the most but i found it my least favourite out of many in this group. Just fyi

Halogenated and alkylated 2c-x are very different. It's not uncommon to enjoy one and not the other.

2C-B is great for sex and for fun listening music,chating with friends. It is a companion who never made you scarry or confused. Warm and joyfull creature also not very long lasting.

2C-E is spiritual and mind altering living Creature with his own soul. It can visit you ,but it can also just ignore you. And dosage is not a key to be abale to contact Majesty 2C-E.

I am also asking myself why it is still not as wildly available as LSD. That make me pitty. Hope this will change soon.