• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

tired of being categorized as an alcoholic

Status
Not open for further replies.
You trying to convince other people? Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself.
An addict (alcohol is a drug) is always the last to know they have a problem. I won't sugar coat shit as that won't save your life, but if you have to consciously moderate your drinking or even ask yourself if you have a problem; you have a problem.

Also using withdrawal as a gage for addiction is poor: withdrawal indicates physical dependency which isn't addiction. There are thousands of chronic pain patients and millions of people on antidepressants who are physically dependent on them and are not addicts.

I'm closing this. I don't know why this was kicked over to us from OD, when what the OP really wants is for someone(s) to justify his excessive alcohol consumption. We can all tell him until every last one of us is blue in the face, that consuming 3L wine/day is not "moderate drinking" and he's still going to insist it is (hell, I didn't even drink 3L of wine/day and those of you who know me know when I drink I am a raging alcoholic). Anyhoo, it's antithetical to the positive spirit we're trying to maintain toward living if not a sober life, one that at least reduces harm. If and when the OP is at least receptive to harm reduction, we will welcome him to open another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.