• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

why does cannabis make my pain worse?

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
When i already have any type of pain and smoke weed this happens. Initially it actually makes it either the same or maybe better. But with ANY type of pain, after about and hour or two, the pain is amplified.

when i don't have pain nothing happens. This i've read happens to other too. I've asked this on here before but don't remember a very specific answer. What biochemical process could this be related to? CBD doesn't seem to override this effect.

Last edited:
Happens to me too. I have been curious about this myself, as I have known a couple people that have the same reaction.
It seems in my case that I get stoned and forget about pretty much anything for the first 15-30min after my initial dose, but after that head high goes away all my pain comes back with a vengeance. It makes my chronic muscle tightness more noticeable and if I have any acute pain such as a cut or injury, it intensifies the pain 2-fold at least.
I always thought it was because I would become more focused on those things, my mind races when I smoke. Unlike many others who can smoke and forget about their anxieties and discomforts.

My guess: you get more inverted, so pain comes to your attention more.

Thank you for this, I am horribly bad about eloquently sharing my thoughts. I will write 3 paragraphs to explain something that can be easily done in 1 sentence haha.

Hyperalgesia isnt uncommon for cannabinoid effect. It can both cure or induce.

if does not work with Cannabis . Try Tramadol best for pain .

if does not work with Cannabis . Try Tramadol best for pain .

I wouldn't recommend opioids to someone who says that cannabis causes hyperalgesia, especially with the little information given about his pain . That may lead down a dangerous path. The OP has not mentioned if his pain is chronic or acute, whether he has taken opioids before and/or is tolerant to them (although tramadol is pretty weak, but still..), ect.
Based on the sparse information from the post and the forum it is located, I'm am inferring that LucidSDreamr is wanting to know the mechanism behind cannabis induced hyperalgesia. I will find some info and post tomorrow sometime.