Study AAS Abuse Causes Alarming Increases In Mortality

I'd also be curious as to what those guys diets looked like long term. Did they eat pretty much whatever or did they really make an effort to eat balanced whole foods, fruits, veggies, fiber, healthy oils, etc along with supplements that mitigate risk.

Seems like most of the old timers I know with health issues generally didn't care too much to watch that kind of stuff which is why I?ve become 100x more conscious in the past couple years about diet and supplementation along with overall usage.

I'd be inclined to agree, the human body is quite resilient to most things, it only tends to break down when multiple factors come into play..

In the US you have a huge issue with glyphosate contaminating just about everything, breaking down the soil microbiome, which subsequently lowers nutrient quality from food grown in it, to intestinal permeability issues, leading to chronic inflammatory factors entering the bloodstream affecting organs and tissues of the body....

Compounded by environmental toxins, refined sugar consumption, toxic mould, microwave technology destroying food nutrient content, EMF's via VGCC's, releasing harmful free radicals causing single and double stranded breaks in DNA, in the mitochondria, in the nucleus, decemating cell membranes and proteins... (there is a greater concentration of VGCC's in myocardium)..

Plus our old friends alcohol and tobacco, throw in a few plant lectins, some gliadin (gluten), and you have a recipe for disaster..

Geneticfreak - you obviously have a lot of knowledge on food, contaminants, and how all of the things you mentioned play into nutrition and physiological impacts which I am not well-versed on. Are there any resources you would specifically suggest to learn more in those areas or just the good ol google?

This has been stuff Ive had an increasing interest to learn about with health in mind and how to best mitigate health impacts.

Geneticfreak - you obviously have a lot of knowledge on food, contaminants, and how all of the things you mentioned play into nutrition and physiological impacts which I am not well-versed on. Are there any resources you would specifically suggest to learn more in those areas or just the good ol google?

This has been stuff Ive had an increasing interest to learn about with health in mind and how to best mitigate health impacts.

Yes, I've been rather quiet on here for quite some time, as my new passion is understanding mechanisms of chronic diseases, longevity, and biomarkers of aging..

I might advise you start with a couple of Videos, then follow their links to other researchers etc..

https://blog.bulletproof.com/eat-dirt-the-secret-to-a-healthy-microbiome-zach-bush-458/ (this is my personal favourite, explains the importance of the microbiome, and how it impacts our whole environment, from mitigating chronic diseases, to healthy nutrient production).. (The whole series from bullet proof is worth watching, although Dave Asprey is the world's biggest hypochondriac, he has some brilliant speakers on his show)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ATQF8omdI ( he might be the most boring speaker ever but his message regards EMF exposure is of huge significance)..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9Mj0Q9y084 (anything to do with Rhonda regards nutrition, health and longevity)..

Awesome, thanks for the resources! Will check those out.

This is a massive detour from the thread so I apologize but do you have any opinions on how any of that, specifically the microbiome, impacts metbabolism/metabolic function? Have a couple (female) friends I?ve been helping with stuff regarding body comp and weight loss that struggle a lot. Calories in vs calories out really doesn?t seem to cut it for them like most people for them. Suspected this has a lot to do with gut health and lack of knowledge but finding a spot to start on in terms of repair and optimal health can be difficult.

Awesome, thanks for the resources! Will check those out.

This is a massive detour from the thread so I apologize but do you have any opinions on how any of that, specifically the microbiome, impacts metbabolism/metabolic function? Have a couple (female) friends I?ve been helping with stuff regarding body comp and weight loss that struggle a lot. Calories in vs calories out really doesn?t seem to cut it for them like most people for them. Suspected this has a lot to do with gut health and lack of knowledge but finding a spot to start on in terms of repair and optimal health can be difficult.

The links I've supplied should start you off at the beginning of an immense, and new learning curve, it's all interlinked, but individual genetic do seem to play a big part in why some people respond differently, as well as a large number of lifestyle choices and environmental factors..

The 4 videos of Rhonda with Joe will provide most of the answers to your question, but pls understand what Zach Bush has to say about the importance of microbiome, and mitochondrial function first..

The links I've supplied should start you off at the beginning of an immense, and new learning curve, it's all interlinked, but individual genetic do seem to play a big part in why some people respond differently, as well as a large number of lifestyle choices and environmental factors..

The 4 videos of Rhonda with Joe will provide most of the answers to your question, but pls understand what Zach Bush has to say about the importance of microbiome, and mitochondrial function first..

Appreciate it! Will get to learning!