• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is cbd overrated?

Hezman94

Bluelighter
I've been using around 30-40mg cbd a day for anxiety and pain.
it is helping a bit dpeending which company I go to currently using provacan they seem to be better than hempura.
it confuses me how one company can sell a ten percent for 25 yet the company i use sell 12percent for 70pound.
I have tried the cheap 10percent it had some effect but not like the one im getting at the minute or others from companies.

I am trying to taper my oxycodone pregabalin and chronic cannabis use.
Do I need to try a higher dose, i have got 20ml of 6percent oil dont know if to double it to help with withdrawal or if this is a waste of money?

I do suffer from fibromyalgia and on the bipolar spectrum.

Yes and no.

Certainly it is over hyped, and there is a ton of misleading and even false information out there. Tons of misconceptions as well. For example, CBD alone is much less effective than it is combined with THC, even if its low amounts of THC. I think the companies that have CBD medication patents have their recommended doses of pure cbd at something like 10-20mg/kg of body weight. So for the average 150lb(70kg) person, that's 700-1400mg of CBD per day- or that actually might be per dose.

Idk of any brands in particular, and I think that might be venturing into sourcing, but I would look for CBD isolate, 95%+ pure CBD if that is the route you are trying to take.

You might have more luck with something like kratom for tapering off oxycodone, although high doses of CBD may help with getting off pregabalin. ROA will also determine how effective a medication like CBD is- if eaten then it will pass through the liver and some will be broken down, while if vaporized it will enter directly into the blood stream through the lungs, so a lower dose may be required. The dose listed above is for eating(ingesting).

If you are looking for advice on dealing with withdrwal and what not come on over to the recovery forums, sober living and the dark side will probably get you a lot more responses.

To answer your question as to whether it is worth it- I think it depends on your budget.. it will probably help but there are other less expensive things that can help as well and might do a better job..

Nope. I love CBD. It's great for inflammation and pain and counteracting side effects of THC.

@Mafioso, it's per dose. CBD usually needs like 700mg+ to have significant psychological effects like anxiolytic effects.