• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Worried and need help

auchic13

Greenlighter
I relapsed on meth today and now I can?t sleep and I am also having withdrawals like shaking pretty bad, is it safe to take the medications buspar or geodon (Ziprasidone) while doing this drug? Someone please help!

Geodon is a bipolar medication used to help you sleep and buspar is an anxiety medication

auchic13, per your post report, i just want to assure you that we do see your post.

I am trying to figure out if Basic Drug Discussion or Mental Health sub-forums would be better for this type of question, and once i get the answer i will move your thread there.

In regards to your question, i too take bipolar meds (lamictal and vraylar) and they don't seem to interact with meth. I am not sure about your situation, but i honestly think you'll survive.

Oh, and welcome to Bluelight ;)

Both Buspar and Geodon should be relatively safe to use for a Meth comedown assuming you use these meds regularly and are aware of they affect you sans meth. I think both are dopamine antagonists so they should arrest the stimulation quite well.

"The combination of oral methamphetamine and buspirone was safe and well tolerated." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5145756/

Last edited:
Both Buspar and Geodon should be relatively safe to use for a Meth comedown assuming you use these meds regularly and are aware of they affect you sans meth. I think both are dopamine antagonists so they should arrest the stimulation quite well.

Buspar is a strong serotonin receptor agonist. Meth acts on the serotonin transporter to release serotonin. It sound like a recipe for disaster to me to mix the two.

it also has a variety of other dopaminergic and serotonergic mechanisms at play. a dirty drug for sure. Not something i would mix with meth even on a comedown in a million years.

the best thing for a meth comedown is a benzo and food. if you can get your hands on one.

i checked for interactions between regular amphetamine and buspar, and its saying there are none. I still would never mix this drug with meth based on looking at its pharmacological profile. thats my gut feeling.

I relapsed on meth today and now I can?t sleep and I am also having withdrawals like shaking pretty bad, is it safe to take the medications buspar or geodon (Ziprasidone) while doing this drug? Someone please help!

When you say you're having withdrawls, you mean meth withdrawls and not opiate withdrawls right? Its just if you were having opiate withdrawls and thrn relapsed on meth i imagine that would be pure hell from the overstimulation of adrenalin

When you say you're having withdrawls, you mean meth withdrawls and not opiate withdrawls right? Its just if you were having opiate withdrawls and thrn relapsed on meth i imagine that would be pure hell from the overstimulation of adrenalin

Case of crossed wires?

2 primary drugs of use and / or abuse with the same street name, albeit with a bias depending on which side of the pond they are used (I imagine more UK residents take it firstly as referring to methadone which is relatively prevalent due to ease of treatment access, and speed in the US where m-amp appears to be as prevalent as any street drug.)

When mephedrone became headline news in the UK while still legally available, it to was often referred to as meph but even despite the distinct spelling compared to the first two examples, it did not help the nitwits in charge of our drug policy know what drug they were referring to.

As the national press added to the hysteria that quickly got the substance banned, it cited 2 cases where the drug was involved n fatalities, sad scare stories of young people's lives cut short, reminiscent of the MDMA witch hunt of the '90s.

So, with the governments work done and the streets safe from this menace that had, at the point of prohibition, allegedly been involved in 2 deaths despite hundreds of thousands of users, it came to light that both fatalities were as a result of overdoses from the use of unprescribed methadone, taken by the young men in conjunction with alcohol, an opioid that due to its widespread prescription and use among drug users kills about as many people in the UK as heroin. Of course, by that point no body was interested any more, as I doubt the readers of this post are at this point.

Confusion does abound when discussing methy - named drugs though.

For Ziprasidone
also displays some inhibition of synaptic reuptake of serotonin and norepinephrine, though not dopamine
(hypertensive crisis or serotonin toxicity might occure)
For Buspirone
Elevated blood pressure has been reported when buspirone has been administered to patients taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors
(meth is a MAOI)
So imo I wouldn't take those meds for a meth comedown

Case of crossed wires?

2 primary drugs of use and / or abuse with the same street name, albeit with a bias depending on which side of the pond they are used (I imagine more UK residents take it firstly as referring to methadone which is relatively prevalent due to ease of treatment access, and speed in the US where m-amp appears to be as prevalent as any street drug.)

When mephedrone became headline news in the UK while still legally available, it to was often referred to as meph but even despite the distinct spelling compared to the first two examples, it did not help the nitwits in charge of our drug policy know what drug they were referring to.

As the national press added to the hysteria that quickly got the substance banned, it cited 2 cases where the drug was involved n fatalities, sad scare stories of young people's lives cut short, reminiscent of the MDMA witch hunt of the '90s.

So, with the governments work done and the streets safe from this menace that had, at the point of prohibition, allegedly been involved in 2 deaths despite hundreds of thousands of users, it came to light that both fatalities were as a result of overdoses from the use of unprescribed methadone, taken by the young men in conjunction with alcohol, an opioid that due to its widespread prescription and use among drug users kills about as many people in the UK as heroin. Of course, by that point no body was interested any more, as I doubt the readers of this post are at this point.

Confusion does abound when discussing methy - named drugs though.

No. I knew the OP meant methamphetamine and not methadone when they referenced the word "meth"... My question was just that they had stated: "I relapsed on meth today and now I can't sleep and I am also having withdrawals like shaking pretty bad" and I was simply wondering if the withdrawls they mentioned related to methamphetamine withdrawls or withdrawls from some unspecified opiate. I asked this because its (reletively) uncommon for people to talk of "withdrawls" from stimulant drugs. Of course they can happen, but people more frequently describe "comedowns", "hangovers" etc than they do "withdrawls". Like i say, I know they can happen, but usually when people just say "withdrawls" on here without a prefix they are refering to either opiates, benzos or alcohol.

I think the crossed wires are more you misunderstanding me because I wasn't clear why I was seeking clarification on the substance the OP was withdrawing from, than confusion between "methadone" and "methamphetamine".

Hope that makes sense and all wires are now firmly untangled :)