• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Have you ever reached a plateau after binge toking?

Schwagdank

Greenlighter
I've been working on forming healthy habits so I'm cutting back on my toking; especially because at a point of binge toking you hit an inescapable plateau, is it just me or do you guys and girls experience this disturbing plateau also? Lol

I don't think I've ever plateau'd or hit a ceiling when using cannabis.

I've definitely gotten to the point where I wanted to stop smoking... that's not because I couldn't get any higher but, rather, I was already way too high for comfort. When the room starts spinning I need to put my drink and my tree away, lay down in bed and rest one foot flat on the ground (try it! Sounds fucking stupid but it works like a charm when you've got the spins) while I slowly surrender myself to sleep.

I've definitely noticed it takes much more weed to go from say an 8 to a 9 than from a 2 to a 4.

I plateau very quickly.

Everything after that is just overkill.

And welcome to Bluelight :)

Yeah, and tolerance can become a huge problem too if you go with the overkill. Best to smoke less and keep tolerance down you get higher for longer off less. Like any other drug I can think of, really. I got to the point where I could dab as much 99.9% THC-A concentrate, and dab as much as I want too, without feeling a single thing unless I didn't do it. Then I'd feel like shit, so be careful and respect the weed. The longer you binge toke the worse the burnout gets. I've been trying to cut back since May and have made no progress though. Been in opiate withdrawal all year, I guess that is probably why. If you already have a heavy tolerance and smoke all day you are probably going to encounter some discomfort.

I've experienced this. I was smoking on an ounce all day and there was a point where I was becoming very disapointed with the weed because it wasn't having any high effects just stoned / medicated effects. I think a lot of smokers shoot for this
plateau.

Tolerance is the problem for me at the moment, and a few side effects related to heavy smoking. I really need to switch to dabbing for the sake of my heath and have like a PAX vaporizer for on the go. I plateau much easier now due to tolerance, and it seems that the best high of the day is almost always the first high of the day no matter how long I wait after. Yet I'm still smoking the stuff all day. I can't help myself ever since I quit opiates and I guess it's better for me in the long run to smoke pot all day.

If I don't smoke as much, I can keep the plateau or level of high that I prefer indefinitely. It seems the more I smoke, the more accustomed I grow to it and then there is hardly any plateau because I'm already there. When that happens the euphoria and some pleasant effects are lost and it totally sucks. Tolerance goes back to normal super fast though always a chance to turn things around with Mary Jane lol.

I love to smoke, great to see the activity here. This old school stoner told me don't get smoking until after 4:20 PM. He gave good advice. I do my best to smoke as late in the day as possible, as mentioned previous in the thread the first of the day is the best. I try and have 3 or 4 strains around, some hash and shatter, maybe some budder so I mix it up. That helps with the tolerance.

Def true, the first smoke of the day is the best and even if I wait until noon I'll be higher for the remainder of the day than usual (rise at 5am though). It's all about waiting long enough for it to be a hit and to feel the transition. However, I don't mind being hedonistic and ripping bong all day sometimes it just can't be every day anymore. It doesn't have to be a pattern either. If I didn't smoke in the evening or very much before bed I might wake up and decide to wake and bake, really my favourite time to smoke if it's a good morning to begin with. Just not all day every day. I'm beginning to realize I am insane to do that for so long.

It's not necessarily saving me weed by waiting later in the day. I'll smoke the same amount on a lower tolerance and get really lifted. Getting more out of my weed. I think after reading this I'm going to put the bong down for the night. Sometimes, I wish I didn't smoke so much weed when I don't have as much weed to smoke later on. And if I wait long enough, all I really need is a solid bong toke.

Like the comedian Gallagher said, "Never smoke weed when you're stoned. You won't get any higher; you'll just have less weed!" ;)

Sort of but it only happened when I was smoking daily for 2 or 3 weeks. My supply of Indica was running low so I went and got some well grown train wreck, and smoked that. When I was into drugs and smoking weed I would keep my tolerance low, and smoke or vape the best pot so I didn't have to smoke or vape a lot of it, even when I had a slight tolerance from smoking on weekends.

Like the comedian Gallagher said, "Never smoke weed when you're stoned. You won't get any higher; you'll just have less weed!" ;)

Pretty true. Of course you can't just go hit a gram of pure THC and be immune to it, but I find that redosing while I'm still high is mostly a waste of weed. The pleasant effects of being high won't come back, at best all I can hope for is my mind to become foggy so my anxiety and depression go away.