• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Extreme exhaustion every morning with Adderall

Sertürner

Bluelight Crew
I have been taking amphetamines for about 4 or 5 months daily. I started with 40mg Vyvanse daily and was switched to 30mg Adderall 2x for the last month and a half or so. I usually do not not the full 60mg daily, mostly 30-45mg, only using 60mg on study and exam days.
Recently it has been VERY hard to get out of bed. I'm suffering from extreme exhaustion and lethargy until I take my dose in the morning. I'm guessing this is due to dopamine depletion but I can be wrong. Is there anything I can do to ease this feeling in the morning? I have heard that taking tyrosine and 5htp may be of use, but I dont have much experience with supplements. I am not opposed to taking a break from using them, but I can't get out of bed without them so it's sort of a catch-22. Any advice guys? Thanks!

When you get to this point you need to stop using them for a little while. It feels like they are the only thing that will get you out of bed but soon they will stop working for that too.

A tolerance break is a must with amphetamine, you will feel MUCH better after a couple weeks off of them. Then if you decide to come back to them after a month or so they will be much more effective. Take periodic breaks like this and you won't get burned out as much .

I might be able to take a break in mid December when my semester is over. But I work full time and go to school right now so temporarily quitting isn't in my best interests. Are there any other things that I can do until I can take a break?

You can try changing your diet to something healthier with foods that naturally contain 5htp and l-tyrosine. I've never tried them personally.

Even a few day to a week break would help your current situation, you should try to work these into your schedule and you'll probably see better results from the amp.

So it turns out I have been slowly getting very sick. Got diagnosed with the flu (my company offered the flu shot, I accepted, and 2months later I still hadn't received it). After taking a course of antibiotics i was left with a secondary infection in my left lung and just yesterday diagnosed with otitis media. So now its round 2 of antibiotic treatment. I'm feeling like shit but I am pretty sure that it is the sickness causing the fatigue and not the amphetamine dependency.
Although I have to agree that the efficacy of my meds has gone down significantly since i started taking them.

Sorry to hear you've been getting sick mate :( However, I think I'd still be inclined to take breaks from your Adderall when you can (even just the odd day once or twice a week), if for no other reason than to maintain their effectiveness for as long as possible.

And also, do try to get plenty of sleep and exercise in and make sure you're eating plenty of fruit, vegetables, good fats and protein, and not too many carbs or processed foods.