• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How long does oxycodone withdraw last?

Toreadores

Greenlighter
Hey guys before I begin I know there are other threads about similar topics in the forum and I read some of them, but I need help for my specific case so that's why I made a new thread. So here is my story.

I am addicted mostly to Oxycodone, but also to morphine for 5 years. As most of the people, my addiction began as medical condition. 5 years ago I was in severe car accident and I spent 3 months with 7 surgeries in hospital and almost a year of physical rehabilitation and therapy after that. So in my case treating pain with opiods was inevitable. However after the first 2 years I got better. I will always have chronic pain in certain areas but I think I will be able to manage with lesser painkillers. But as most of you knows once you've been on narcotics even for few months you get addicted and since my case was pretty severe I had no problem getting pills from doctors, but doctors give certain amount. And my tolerance reached such high levels that I am taking 300-350mg oxycodone a day. I am literally eating my monthly prescriptions for 10-12 days and between prescriptions I take morphine pills that I get from the street. For long time I wanted to quit but every time it was so hard and painful that I just get back to it in less than 2 days. My life became a disaster, I give almost all of my money for pills. Few times I ran out both on oxys and morphs for couple of days (which felt like 2 weeks) and the withdraws during that time was the most horrible experience in my life, even worse than my accident. I assume you are familiar with the feeling. Lately I am having trouble finding more pills, the guy who was giving me the morphs stopped receiving them and I just thought that it's time to stop this torture and get my life together. With my last oxycodone prescription and with a lot of Kratom I was able to reduce the dosage, it was hard but I did it. For the last 1 week I was taking 30-40mg oxy a day with probably 30 grams of Kratom. I ran out of oxys 2 days ago I am taking Kratom only, so far it is relatively ok, not perfect, but at least I am managing. I want to know if somebody went thru similar experience with high dosage of oxys and got clean. I am no fool, I know the path to full recovery is long and hard, but still does anybody know how long it takes for the withdraws to disappear or at least be minimum. Kratom is ok but because of the recent FDA bulshit they try to make it illegal, even my main vendors stopped selling it and it become harder to get. That's why I want to get clean as soon as possible. I can't even remember what it is to feel normal. Am I going to feel normal ever again? Or once you taste the drugs there will never be "normal" again? I am afraid that even when it gets better, there will always be a hole in me that won't be able to feel normal or happy ever again. I just want to prepare myself.

More people will read your post if you use paragraphs in the future.

Oxy withdrawal lasts 5-7 days. Days 4-5 will likely be the worst. Some meds can help like Clonidine, Lyrica, gabapentin, a muscle relaxer and a benzo. All or a combination of those can make it better but it's still going to suck.

Of course getting through withdrawal is only the beginning. Your going to not feel right for many months and cravings are inevitable. I recommend you make contact with a therapist and phychiatrist to help get you through. Do you have any other specific questions?

Keep us updated in this thread either way

Thank you for your response. I have Lyrica, I am prescribed for nerve damage pain, but to be honest I try to avoid it because somehow it actually makes the withdraws worse and can't use it while I'm working anyway because it makes me very "drunkish" like. The only thing that helps me is the Kratom, so far I hold the front but I start feeling sick because of the taste of the Kratom. That's why I was never able to use it more than a week because after certain point the taste becomes so bad that I feel constantly nauseous and that I'm going to thrown up any moment.

As for medical help I am afraid to seek it because I don't want to be registered as an addict, even tho I am, I just don't want to close that door because I may really need it in future. I hope I'll never have another accident but I also learned I am not invincible, anything can happen and if something happen in future that requires pain treatment I don't want to be rejected or be watched under a microscope so this will be literally my last resort.

As for the Benzos I don't want to trade one addiction with another. Benzos van be as dangerous as opioids. What I was thinking is if I can convice my doctor to switch me to Methadone but since it is used to treat addiction I don't know if my doc will conncect the dots and register me as an addict. I feel kind of trapped.

I?m not a pro like so many with so much more knowledge. I?m in the same position as you! BUT, I have asked one time to try methadone by pain management and it didn?t help me so much and I was switched back- so my experience is asking for a different route didn?t tip them off to me trying to kick an addiction. And yes, two days without is weeks in your head. Kratom hasn?t helped me and I?m envious of those it works well for! ?

What kind of Kratom did you try and how much you took? Because there are different strains and variations, not all of them can help. If you decide to give it another shot make sure to get Maeng Da Kratom, this is the one you need. It is more expensive than the rest of the strains but it is the strongest and most effective for withdraws and pain. Start with 2 grams and you can always take more 40-50 minutes later if the initial dose doesn't work, but I think 2 grams is a good start. Also there can be huge difference in quality between vendors. I think it's against the rules to post vendor names here but if you are interested in giving Kratom a second chance PM me and I can help. Especially with the whole FDA storm around Kratom in the past year, Kratom may be soon banned everywhere and now can be the last chane to get back up supplies legally.

You can use benzos for a week with absolutely zero risk of becoming physically dependent. If you haven't had addiction problems with them in the past then I think it would be fine.

Your probably not going to be able to work while withdrawing anyway so the Lyrica might still be helpful.

If you make the switch to methadone this is all moot as it's just as strong if not stronger then oxy. Just be aware that it's withdrawal is significantly more difficult then oxy if your ever forced to come off in the future

What kind of Kratom did you try and how much you took? Because there are different strains and variations, not all of them can help. If you decide to give it another shot make sure to get Maeng Da Kratom, this is the one you need. It is more expensive than the rest of the strains but it is the strongest and most effective for withdraws and pain. Start with 2 grams and you can always take more 40-50 minutes later if the initial dose doesn't work, but I think 2 grams is a good start. Also there can be huge difference in quality between vendors. I think it's against the rules to post vendor names here but if you are interested in giving Kratom a second chance PM me and I can help. Especially with the whole FDA storm around Kratom in the past year, Kratom may be soon banned everywhere and now can be the last chane to get back up supplies legally.
Tried to DM u. Not sure how, I?m pretty new but I?d love to chat. It sucks when I read how well people have done with it and I?ve taken lower and higher doses and can?t find relief! I friended you, thinking that would help me be able to dm you. Lmk. Thanks!?

Like 1-2weeks physical then you have paws for 6months-3years, I read an article where after two-four months not abusing or totally off opiates your brain naturally craves it badly for some reason and thats why most people relapse.
exercise and hobbies and remember how good it feel not to make sure u have a pill everytime u go out or wake up