European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Redemption

Yeh, I certainly wish I had that much hair again :\

Hair (or the lack of it) is a touchy subject with me lol

Well not really, but when I realised I had a thinning patch at the back of my head about 10 years ago I decided to just BIC the lot off. Although, after I spent that month in hospital this summer It grew out and wasn't as bad as I remembered. Still shaved it off when I both home though.

Off topic again, but why do people moan when we go off topic like this since there's no cunt posting anyway and if we didn't make these off topic posts the forum would quite literally be dead?

People take thisbshit far too seriously IMO.. it's a drug forum where losers like us shoot the shit... It's not the fucking United Nations ffs :)

How the fuck did OTW get dredged up? And where is the fucker anyway?

OTW is a mate of mine, he saved my life once.

He is a great guy and calls bullshit when he smells it.

Sorry that was my fault. I think he's the only poster that's actually managed to offend me. And trust me that's some feat. So all this:

FUBAR said:
- in spite of his envious lifestyle and his totally fuckable missus.

Cunt!

I'm highly dubious about. How people present themselves and what's actually going on inside can be completely different.

....But i won't judge the guy, he has his faults but I guess I have as well, so im in no position whatsoever to pass judgement. Some have said before that I'm similar to OTW. Probably because we piss people off, bad sense of humour etc You'd never catch me wearing blue electro lycra pants at a boat party however.*

Shambles said:
Raas said:
posts are intended to be positive and relative in some way. If it came across as negative and unhelpful, then that goes against my intention

Maybe keep working on that then, eh?

When you're discussing something with someone who has a completely opposing set of beliefs to you, it's easy to be suckered into being argumentative.

...... And life and death are but a hair's breadth apart. Probably because there is no discernible difference between 'em aside from breathing more often than not. I don't believe in gods - never have - have openly mocked the very concept since early childhood. I am alive. I still do not believe in gods.

Some folks I have known did believe in 'em. Some did not. An approximately even balance of them are currently dead and alive. Some of both groups may well have given a shit which camp they fell into. Still no perceivable difference.

I have close friends and family members who are in the "dead and no fucks given" category. Are they now in Hell? Forevermore? I also have close friends and family members who are in the "dead and fucks given cos they believe in such things" category. Are they too in Hell? or maybe in Heaven looking down at their friends now lost to eternal damnation? If that latter group does exist are they now happy? How so given the former group?

Ah no, you're not on the same page as me at all and becoming entrenched. This isn't going to work.

I''ve gone through a bit of a strange patch recently and philosophy is quite on my mind. It's easy to get me started, but probably best not to trigger me because we'll just end up arguing and taking the topic off track!
There seem to be so many variants of "redemption" from the religious, quasi-religious to the secular, and these divide into many other froms and so on and so forth...

I have trouble with the idea, my main problem is "redemption in face of the unpardonable" as my brain is wired in a fucked way (OCD). But let's discuss this a little further, because I want to add a few things to my initial statement that you haven't (except for Shambles and other mods) seen.

Redemption in face of God (in a semitic sense at least), I guess is something not worth talking about because the idea of "forgiveness" lies in the hand of "God" but maybe one could elaborate on "paths to attaining redemption" whether one basis this on scripture, or on opinion (popular or not). There are set rules that come with God, we seem to be born into a lot of this, and some of it comes down to the discretion of the observer (which again is shaped by the conception of God, forming a socially constructed loop) which can perpetuate a certain sense of "redemption" that belongs to a certain religion, sect etc. which again kinda points us back to us choosing a path LOL almost like free-will. You can choose a religion-in a sense- and choose a path to redemption.

I'm more concerned with the secular aspect of this, even though it isn't very different than the religious one, mainly because I think there's more "choice" involved and it's more personal... actually it's deeply personal. Is it about coming to terms with what one has done in life? If so, is it about accepting this and moving on to better one's self? Or is about forgiving one's self? And if the main concern is to "learn from one's mistakes", and to not repeat these mistakes (at least to the severity of the previous ones) how much of this should involve "being OK with the things I have done."? Does the sense of "redemption" have to come with a price? And what am I actually trying to do here, am I trying to impose my own sense of morality on making something "OK" for myself? or coming to terms "on my own terms"? So I can feel ok? Is it a deeply ego-centric pursuit, no matter what, to make one feel "ok" or can it be a noble pursuit?

It all seems to point back at the person seeking redemption, it's at their discretion and not at the same time. If they allow it to happen, it happens, and if they don't, it doesn't. Why/ why not, is deeply personal. I think psychedelics are pretty cool in this aspect, they can shift our understanding of a situation not only "how we think about it" but how we feel about it, too (they aren't mutually exclusive).

I like your style, man. Start a thread with no obvious meaning. Let people make their own minds up, then pounce hard on the subject a month later! Good work.

I guess redemption is a very personal matter. If something is important to you, it will fester in your psyche and manifest itself in some way or another. How you deal with it and how you let it affect you, is upto you alone.

Last edited:
I like your style, man. Start a thread with no obvious meaning. Let people make their own minds up, then pounce hard on the subject a month later! Good work.

Absolutely. I wouldn't be surprised if Tronica secretly approved a qualitative philosophical study of the redemptive potential of a cross section of drug users as regardless of whether good or bad, much content of considerable detail has been provided.

I guess redemption is a very personal matter. If something is important to you, it will fester in your psyche and manifest itself in some way or another. How you deal with it and how you let it affect you, is upto you alone.

And while much is valid, I have to say Rass that last point is something that IMO is the long and short of it.

My brain cells tingle, every now and then. Sorry about that.

The need for redemption arises from the guilt one feels for one's mistakes in the past.

Logically, there is no point in feeling guilt as there is nothing you can do to change the past - but you can learn from your mistakes and use this knowledge to hopefully become a better person in the future.

If you have no guilt, there is no need for redemption...

(Unless you're a fuckin serial killer peadophile rapist, then you can fester in your guilt for eternity - and there is no redemption for you!!)

I know there is nothing that can be done to change the past and even if it were possible would it be the right thing to do?

Guilt is worthless unless its a motivation to make up for past mistakes or even not a mistake, a situation that has gone on into total bullshit and if theres some peace and good grace belatedly then thats better than "oh well too bad for you buckeroo toodle pip lol".

I wouldnt change the copious amounts of advrntures and shenanigans over the years yet have caused a great deal of trouble to myself and wish my family had not found out.

So in that regard you cant change what you can see in hindsight as things that were missed or done badly , even things that you didnt do yet affected turns of events you did have hand in.

I have a piece of some poor bastards bone marrow still in my handbag, it went "missing" from a work procedure 2 years ago, my boss covered up some dickhead losing it fown the sink by saying the dr didnt take the sample when he knows he did. Some poor bastard found it in the sink trap months later looking for another missing thing and it ended up being covered up again , I picked it out of the bin and thought

Hang on a minute

This is coverd up twice and thats shit, bone marrow taps are not fun and will be easy to figure out whose it is as one had gone missing

But that means my boss will likely lose his job.

So redemption, not my issue but should do right thing and have a bit of conciousnesz, but then my boss will hate me so what then.

Im crapping on. Sorry.

Actually im not ha

i hear red dead redemption undead nightmare 2 might have something to do with zombies. an easter egg was found pointing towards more zombies but it could also just be referencing it's predecessor.

there are ghost trains, undead and aliens you might see in the game. any of these could be what is used to make the second one.

there could be no sequel at all possibly.