• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Spending too much

Hezman94

Bluelighter
I am trying to taper opiates but there not finacially runing me.
cannabis is, i cant help when im hypomanic suffer from bipolar smoking loads then when im normal i smoke about 1.5g which is ideal
than 2.5g a day i cant afford 25quid a day,
I smoke on bongs splfifs do nothing, should I buy a nice one hitter and microdose or try and smoke from afternoon and not wake and bake?
I have got access to good quality cbd oil.

I know its more of a mental thing and whenever I smoke less I do feel better. Im gonna buy some scales and weigh out my doses.

I am trying to taper opiates but there not finacially runing me.
cannabis is, i cant help when im hypomanic suffer from bipolar smoking loads then when im normal i smoke about 1.5g which is ideal
than 2.5g a day i cant afford 25quid a day,
I smoke on bongs splfifs do nothing, should I buy a nice one hitter and microdose or try and smoke from afternoon and not wake and bake?
I have got access to good quality cbd oil.

I know its more of a mental thing and whenever I smoke less I do feel better. Im gonna buy some scales and weigh out my doses.

Just my opinion (and a total assumption based on what you've posted here), but the mistake you're making is letting your life revolve around cannabis. Before being able to taper down or even quit cold turkey, you're going to want to find the motivation to do so. Use weed to improve your quality of life instead of basing your quality of life on whether or not you've got weed.

You're going to need to find ways to fill in the gaps in your day-to-day schedule as you cut back. The more you can focus on something other than smoking weed, the less likely you'll find your mind wandering to the urge to go smoke weed. Even if it's just reading, you need to keep yourself occupied. Exercise helps incredibly but, unfortunately, people rarely take that advice when quitting.

The trickiest part in your situation is that it sounds like you're self-medicating, and it can be damned difficult finding alternative remedies to cannabis that work just as effectively as the herb does to treat whatever it is you're treating (hypomania and BPPD for you?) That's actually the biggest red flag here, imo, the fact that you're using weed to treat mental health issues. The point's moot for you because you've already set yourself down that path, but I do hope I can get it across to other people suffering from mental health issues that cannabis is absolutely not a cure-all and that it can end up compounding mental issues just as quickly as it can provide relief from physical ones.

You probably need it so much because you are tapering opiates as well. Sounds like you could have a personality that is a risk for becoming a lifelong addict, please try and be careful with drugs. You are confused about how to smoke the weed because I think you want more out of it than weed is able to provide.

Just my opinion (and a total assumption based on what you've posted here), but the mistake you're making is letting your life revolve around cannabis. Before being able to taper down or even quit cold turkey, you're going to want to find the motivation to do so. Use weed to improve your quality of life instead of basing your quality of life on whether or not you've got weed.

You're going to need to find ways to fill in the gaps in your day-to-day schedule as you cut back. The more you can focus on something other than smoking weed, the less likely you'll find your mind wandering to the urge to go smoke weed. Even if it's just reading, you need to keep yourself occupied. Exercise helps incredibly but, unfortunately, people rarely take that advice when quitting.

The trickiest part in your situation is that it sounds like you're self-medicating, and it can be damned difficult finding alternative remedies to cannabis that work just as effectively as the herb does to treat whatever it is you're treating (hypomania and BPPD for you?) That's actually the biggest red flag here, imo, the fact that you're using weed to treat mental health issues. The point's moot for you because you've already set yourself down that path, but I do hope I can get it across to other people suffering from mental health issues that cannabis is absolutely not a cure-all and that it can end up compounding mental issues just as quickly as it can provide relief from physical ones.

You knocked it on head, I do feel I need it more cos im tapering opiates its more out of boredom and instead of doing something else I smoke a bong.
Shall I try and wake up and not smoke it for a few hours. Should I start leaving bigger gsaps between smoking but smoke small amounts say .3 every four hours that be just over a gram a day.

I dont want to keep self medicating all day and I have felt better in past on less of a dose, but the oxycontin taper makes me want more out the weed than you can get.
I am fed up of having no money also im lucky to get what I get I need to save ti incase of emergency in future not blazed up.

I want to cut down to 1g-1.5 a day then hopefully less this cant be too bad surely from tommorow. I got ten gram so that should be atleast a weeks worth of smoke 14 days till payday but get paid tommorow so can afford more I don't want to keep spending 180pound in a fortnite its ridicilous and not worth the high

Shall I try and wake up and not smoke it for a few hours. Should I start leaving bigger gsaps between smoking but smoke small amounts say .3 every four hours that be just over a gram a day.

[DISCLAIMER: I'm exhausted as hell right now. I tried to keep this coherent, my apologies if I didn't succeed.]

You should try everything reasonable that comes to mind!

At this point, it's all about little steps down a long, winding path. Holding off on medicating first thing in the morning is a fantastic idea. Take a shower! Eat some food! Brush your teeth! Walk the dogs! Go to work! Play a video game! Go on Reddit and get lost on that shit! Eat some more food!

Then, when you've already gotten yourself lost in the minutiae of the day, allow yourself a smoke. It's strange, though, in that you might find yourself not even wanting to get high until way later in the day than you previously expected... and sometimes you do want to get high, but you just don't feel like opening up the stash or breaking down a gram and so you put it off a little bit more each day.

You could also try making yourself some simple, arbitrary rules regarding your habit, and then do your damndest to follow them religiously. No smoking indoors is a great one for people trying to cut back in the Winter. ;) For me, though, it was to deny myself getting high before work. I'd only smoke a ~0.3g bowl out of my bubbler in the 20min between waking up and going to work early in the morning (my workday starts anywhere from 11pm-4am), but it was a habit that started to catch up to me-- financially and in the sense that I noticed my drug use starting to change my personality. So yeah, I cut that out, and then worked my way down to not smoking before noon, then to smoking only on the weekends and using my vaporizers exclusively through the week.

I've gone from picking up an ounce every 3-4 weeks to my current ounce still mother fucking lasting me, and I'm pretty sure I bought this shit in September. Biggest difference between my habit now and my habit then, though, is that I also use concentrates now... but I feel like the occasional 0.05g-0.1g hits of shatter help me get a quick little dose that completely satisfies my urge to get high, which in turn furthers my goal to cut back on overall usage.

Last edited: