• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth - Nausea and the shakes

mtu mwendawazimu

Bluelight Crew
Last night i blew through a gram at least, doing ~5 big lines and ~4 20cc backloaded shots. I feel like that was probably a lot, but on the other hand i'm not feeling that great feeling i felt when i first started using. I'm chasing a high that just makes me sick, ultimately.

Does anyone else feel like their tolerance is shot, even when bingeing?

And does anyone else get nausea and the shakes?

I guess I just want confirmation that the stuff I get isn't bunk, and that my reactions are normal.

Thanks.

Edit: Forget how much i did or how i felt for a second. My new problem is i don't even get high. How can some people get high all the time off meth and i can't? It feels like my tolerance builds within a day or two, and i only binge it every other week. It's either I don't get high (regular amount) or get nauseous and the shake, and my buddy gets fucking blasted off the same shards..

Last edited:
Have you been eating and staying hydrated? Stimulants take a lot out of you and plus people tend to not eat on them, your body is starving for energy. On top of that, yes high doses of psychostimulants will cause tremors and nausea.

I haven't been eating or staying hydrated to be honest.

Would you think that cuts down on the nausea?

I figured if I didn't eat there'd be nothing to vomit up.

Eating helps prevent stomach problems for me. Have to force the food down most of the time but it works.

I tried eating and drinking and i feel a lot better.

Now i've got a new problem - I don't get high anymore.

The same shit that used to get me blasted now doesn't do anything more than make colors more vivid.

I'm pretty upset.

There's something called Tachyphylaxis (pretty much a rapid tolerance) which is quite common with meth due to reuptake inhibition of dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin which leads to exhaustion of those neurotransmitters iirc

To be honest i wish that were what is was, at least for closure, but i haven't had tolerance problems with any other drugs from illicit to OTC to prescribed. Can this happen with only one drug?

Thank you for your post i appreciate it.

Yeah I think it can only happen with certrain drugs, it's most common with psychedelics, beta-2-agonists, nitroglycerines etc.

I think it definitely is tolerance related seeing as my first couple lines/shots worked, but coupled with expecting it to be like the very first time and that I had been up for 3 days already may have been the kickers. I mean, I was staying up all night, so it must have been doing something. It's just strange how i'm either relatively sober or having shakes and nausea.

Edit: It's like i can't wrap my head around it. I keep doing lines trying to see if it will work. Nothing.

Last edited:
madness,
I experience very similar results to what you are describing. It didn't happen as much the first few months I was using, even with regularity, though lack of sleep is an important factor to consider IMO and can't be overlooked. I haven't looked for any scholarly articles on the subject, but my feeling is that the first couple days of a binge my energy and neurotransmitter levels are "normal" and respond as the drug interaction happens. As I keep on any given period of intake, I feel both my energy and neurotransmitters(or whatever metabolites and downstream compounds) are becoming depleted and thus not able to create the same flooding and rush they do the first day. I think this is probably pretty common and is rather logical to me, as they do talk about ex creating some shortages in certain transmitters. I do know some people that don't seem as susceptible to the effect, but I don't know anyone who is immune entirely (I would expect it to vary with individuals levels of transmitters and their ability to replenish). My best solution has been to simply take a few days off after a couple on, which isn't bad for life balance and general health anyways lol. If it's really bothering you or you feel like its beginning to eat into what you are spending on the stuff, I might suggest looking up the relevant neurotransmitters and their respective pre-cursors/constituents so as to ensure you are giving your brain and body the best possible chance at replenishing what you are using. ADDITIONALLY, AS MENTIONED, sleep, hydration, and nutrition are all very relevant when it comes to these pathways and it may not require any special supplements, as much as simply ensuring you are supplying fluids and calories to give your body what it needs to synthesize these compounds. I personally am always amazed at how profound an effect something as simple as a small glass of milk and a piece of jelly toast can be if your body is running in the red. I hope this helps, sorry for rambling, good luck!

For background:
I am a relatively experienced user with about two years of heavy use, overall in decent health and shape, between 25 & 40 years old, but I do NOT work out or stick to any crazy diets. I do have a degree in a relevant scientific field, but I have no "formal" research or experimental work on this topic.

CantLeaveH(ell) - first and foremost, Welcome to Bluelight :)

It helps to know that others are experiencing the same issue I am, and it does make sense that everyone's ability to replenish neurotransmitters and number of transmitters may be different. Maybe mine are fucked up from having clinical manic episodes? That might be part of the reason why the neurotransmitters don't replenish as they should.

But I too didn't have this problem the first two months of using. So it could be that meth, for whatever reason, just kills more transmitters for us than others over time.

I'm going to use a different source next time before I call it quits, but if this guy's shit does the same thing, I might as well drop the habit because, as cheep as it is, it's really not worth the money.

So you used for two years and had this problem the entire time?

madness,
thx for the welcome, I would say the experience you are describing has NOT been happening to me the whole two years. It was probably after about a year and I will say it feels as though it didn't happen all at once, it was more a progressive thing as time has gone on. It's probably really picked up in the past 6 months. There are always other factors obviously and human memory is far from perfect (at least mine anyways). To my best recollection, it started as a diminishing effect as frequent use had likely depleted or started to alter whatever the relevant brain chemistry is here. In other words, I might find I had to use 1.2 X, 1.5X, etc. the amount to get the same effect as I had a short time earlier (days, weeks most). However, at least initially, the same end point was still attainable and the required increase started small, but continued to increase in time. The biggest change was probably about 6 months ago, maybe a little more, but I started to have the exact experience you describe, wherein it was not a matter of increased amount being required, but actually a decreased end point(to be accurate, I never did anything extreme to confirm that there wasn't SOME amount that would have equated to the initial amount(maybe something like 5-10X could have gotten me to the same end point, but for me and I feel for you based on your posts, that isn't really an increase I find "reasonable")) SO I began to experience reasonable attempts to reach the desired/familiar end point start to fall short, from the lack of willingness to increase outside of "reasonable." I GENERALLY stop the "run", "binge", or whatever you would like to call it, when I feel that double the initial starting amount doesn't seem to be even giving the same initial effect. I HAVE continued at times even when this occurs, but I don't really go above the 2X amount, I just start to notice the end point coming lower and lower, until on some occasions, I have gotten to the point you described with disappointment, where it seems to basically have no effect at all. In those cases, I definitely stop when I feel like its not having an effect, because it seems like a total waste and undue damage to take in to my body. Interestingly, if I hold on to what I have and give it a few days or a week maybe, my response seems to be back up to almost 100%. So while there is probably some slow tolerance that comes over the long haul, I find it to be very gradual, reasonable, and tolerable, BUT as for "depletion" or "burn-out" whatever you want to call it, I find that to come on after 2 to 3 days and reach the climax of having no effect by day 5 or so, even with some sleep, hydrating, and nourishing, the result is unavoidable and I honestly don't mind that I get to a point where I can feel the effects a bit more subtly and that it forces eventual breaks and recoup time. I hope

You're right - usually between binges i recuperate. Can't help that nagging disappointment and that line i just chopped up or that rig i just loaded knowing it's damn well good crank but not being able to enjoy it. I sold 2.5 gs to my buddy last night for a absolutely disgustingly low price because i was so pissed off.

This happens to me when I don't drink when getting on it haha!
Food is okay once every 12 hours, but the big thing is staying hydrated It's a must with the stuff.
Depending on how long the bender just set a alarm on your phone every 15min and have a couple mouth fulls of water.
Works wonders and the comedown isn't as intense.

Last week I decided to try crystal for the first time and it ended up being an 8 day bender (I had come across some nasty ass crank I tried once a few years back but that was disgusting and absolutely does not count). I was blown away by the euphoria at first, but by the end of day 3, I plateaued and the euphoric rush was no where to be found. I figured since Im new it must be user error, and was determined to really give it my all- if I'm gonna do it I'm gonna do it right. After that I decided to spend a few hours each day perfecting my technique.

I didn't eat, barely drank anything, and hardly slept. The last couple days, I had nausea, stomach camps, and shaky hands. The very last day I realized I prolly should've considered all this earlier in the week and picked up some Ensure+ (extra calories) since I had zero appetite and it was obvious, to me at least, that I had lost a few lbs during the week....

Moral of the story you can't get so caught up in having fun with it that you forget to take care of your health. I don't really plan on giving it another go (not for quite a while at least) but if I were to try again, I'd definitely be sure that I limit it to 3 days max but preferably only 2. aand that I have plenty of nutritious, easy to eat snacks (yogurt was all I could manage at first and I had to smoke weed just to do that- that's not normal for me I love my food lol) as well as plenty of water, oj, and milk.

I am curious to know if anyone who does properly prepare for their nutritional needs has ever had these issues. It makes sense that a lack of nutrients would affect the effects, but since I am new to this to I'd like to ensure it's not some sort negative reaction like an allergy or something else that could reoccur again even if I were much better prepared.

Also, I can tell you that my stuff was definitely legit. It looked and responded just like it was was supposed to and of the two other people I was with, one is a pro that to my knowledge didn't have any issues, but he didn't stay past day 1. The other is new like me and he peaked and plateaued the same night I did (hence the user error assumption). He also did not prepare for having to MAKE SURE we fulfilled our basic needs for food and water and he had mild digestive discomfort but no shakes.

Other than that no one had any other negative side effects, aside from the super sore throat I woke up with this morning. I did make sure my dental health was properly taken care of throughout the bender and have now started rinsing with warm salt water to help with my throat. Does anyone have any tips on preventing a sore throat while smoking? (Other than try to take breaks more often lol)

Drink lots of water, eat granola bars, and take naps. I find it is a lot more effective to space out use and not just go through a stash in one extended period of time without sleep. Also, all that can help with nausea and try not to smoke any cigs since I've noticed this greatly increases nausea during that time.
In response to tolerance, I've had this problem quite a lot even when I've taken long breaks. Because of this I try not to smoke everytime I use, I switch up my roas a lot. Lastly, I've learned to just be content with what I get. At this point, I've been using for several years and my tolerance is what it is. Instead, I just try to be aware of what effects I am getting and try to stay in a positive mind state. This tends to just make it more enjoyable overall. Hopefully what I just said makes sense since I am rambling. Xp

This actually kind of sound like the shit I just had. (Still have-it's useless.)
First of all, I've been using meth for about 25 years, so when I come across something I haven't seen before it's pretty weird. But I'm no chemist & I never cared to learn how to do anything more complicated than a simple acetone rinse so maybe someone with a background in chemistry can teach me something new here.
I got a ball a couple weeks ago which was mostly powdery, or rather the consistency of salt or sugar - fine crystals. It was fine. I'm only making the distinction to point out that it doesn't matter if it's big shards or not. Anyone can re-rock cut and even the best dope will have shake-people need to quit thinking this makes any difference.
Here's where I ran into an issue. Got another ball from same person, this time it's all one piece. Sure, great...except it's not. It looks fine, it melts fine, it smokes fine & tastes normal. But it's total garbage. It actually makes me feel totally craptastic. I thought maybe it was just a matter of tolerance but I got something different and it works just fine so I know the stuff is just bunk.
Here's the weird part. Twice I put some actual decent stuff in the pipe while there was still a tiny bit of the bunk stuff in there. Both times it came back slowly and spotty, "ephed-y". Both times I had to wash the pipe out, then put the better stuff in. What sort of meth or cut looks fine by itself, doesn't get you high but actually makes you feel shitty, and contaminates actual meth like that?
This is a new one for me.

I hear you.

Since I posted this thread, I have found better shit that doesn't give me the shakes. I deem the last batch garbage. When I cut through the crystal it was soft. This new shit breaks like ice.

This actually kind of sound like the shit I just had. (Still have-it's useless.)
First of all, I've been using meth for about 25 years, so when I come across something I haven't seen before it's pretty weird. But I'm no chemist & I never cared to learn how to do anything more complicated than a simple acetone rinse so maybe someone with a background in chemistry can teach me something new here.
I got a ball a couple weeks ago which was mostly powdery, or rather the consistency of salt or sugar - fine crystals. It was fine. I'm only making the distinction to point out that it doesn't matter if it's big shards or not. Anyone can re-rock cut and even the best dope will have shake-people need to quit thinking this makes any difference.
Here's where I ran into an issue. Got another ball from same person, this time it's all one piece. Sure, great...except it's not. It looks fine, it melts fine, it smokes fine & tastes normal. But it's total garbage. It actually makes me feel totally craptastic. I thought maybe it was just a matter of tolerance but I got something different and it works just fine so I know the stuff is just bunk.
Here's the weird part. Twice I put some actual decent stuff in the pipe while there was still a tiny bit of the bunk stuff in there. Both times it came back slowly and spotty, "ephed-y". Both times I had to wash the pipe out, then put the better stuff in. What sort of meth or cut looks fine by itself, doesn't get you high but actually makes you feel shitty, and contaminates actual meth like that?
This is a new one for me.

Easily speaking, bad shit (meth). Ive stumbled upon/got my hands on bad shit many times, and yup if you're a regular on smoking this shit, you can noticed that the shit is a good quality one or a crappy one.

If me, the crappy one always does like what he said above, craptastic. Additionally, slow rush and feel stupid afterwards and lazy.

Some/most people say that good shit will look like this and that, have their own characteristics. Me? I say bullshit its not. Sometimes when buying, the shit looks promising but when im on it i feel like sucks. So please gentlemen, nowadays things are not properly arranged like what it should back in the days.