• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Butrans patch extraction any help please?

Xjunkiedoinggood

Greenlighter
Hi I'm currently prescribed butrans 15mcg once per week. My doctor will not increase and I'm still in pain (fibromyalgia) I've been told you can extract what's left from old patches to give me pain relief as and when needed but was unsure as to what alcohol to use for the extraction. Any help appreciated thanks in advance, jason

Butrans uses a matrix delivery method and not a reservoir so you will have difficulty ?extracting? the drug, but each patch contains more drug than delivered by the usual usage, a lot more.

Cut them up into small strips, about seven per patch, and place them between your lip and teeth with the sticky side of the patch touching your lip. This will work within thirty minutes and the strips can be reused until the sticky material is gone. Buprenorphrine lasts 17 hours so keep that in mind. Be very care about dosing, don?t overdo it ? narcan doesn?t work well against bupe:

Wasn't there a method that involved a microwave and lemon juice or something? :LOL:

Anyway, I had these other patches (brand called Transtec) and I put them in my mouth and chewed them like gum until I got the last drop of buprenorphine. :love: