Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

1P-LSD (50ug) + ETH-LAD (25ug) - Experienced - Bad Combo for me

DrumTripper

Bluelighter
I had an in-trip post about this a couple weeks back, when it was actually happening and promised a report to come.

I had a day to trip, so I took 50ug of 1P-LSD and 25ug of ETH-LAD and let both pieces absorb for a few minutes, then swallowed.
Skipping ahead to about the 90 minute mark, I began cycling through temperature swings; one minute boiling hot and sweating, the next shivering. Well, the interval was actually about 5 minutes per cycle. I did draw a bath, asking my wife to dial in an average warm bath temp, added some epsom salt and hoped for a calming soak. Well, within about 2 minutes, I was way too hot, and needed to get out of there. Oh, there were minor visuals, and I probably would have been enjoying them if I could just get this darn body to cooperate with its thermostat. It really did feel like something was on the fritz, because my head was so clear, but my body was refusing. At about I think 2 or three hours in, I was just overwhelmed by nausea and had to let it all go. Instantly, like when you have the flu, I felt better. Wow, this is it, I thought, I can now finally enjoy my trip. I even logged back into Bluelight to update that I felt fine after puking. But I also felt like that was the end of the trip. At least for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then the temp swings started in again, which led to repeated bath drawings (sorry environment!!) and me just hanging out in the bathroom, hovering between soaking and drying, warming and cooling. It was just ridiculous, and verging on torturous. I remember asking my wife why anyone would put themselves through this and myself concluding that this would be my last time.

Well, two weeks have passed and my difficult body load trip has kept me scared to try again. I mean, that's not even a single hit. I had been fine previously on either 1P or ETH, but wanted to experiment with a mixture to see if the ETH-LAD could enhance the visuals that the 1P was seemingly lacking.

The conclusion for me, is that this combo doesn't work well in my body. It was as if they were fighting inside me and affecting my body's thermostat, instead of its internal clock and distance meters. Those are the ones I, we, enjoy; the warping of time and space is fascinating. But I was unable to, even after mediating and repeatedly assuring myself that this was a trip, get control of my body. Oh, and by the way, I have tested these materials and they verify as Lysergamides, and are from a reliable commercial vendor.

So, not to say that this combo is bad, just that it was bad for me - at the time. Even though my set and setting was perfect.
I will not revisit this combo, but I do love ETH-LAD. I think the 1P has a bit of a struggle body-wise for me. Hard time metabolizing.

Also, I did consider that perhaps mixing, I should have staggered and taken the 1P first, then topped it off an hour later with the ETH?:?

If you're thinking of combining, just watch it; I was fine after about 7 hours, but that was just a shitty-ass night, body-wise.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_1plsd
substancecode_lysergamides
substancecode_ethlad
_combo_
explevel_firsttime
exptype_neutral
exptype_bodyload
exptype_difficult
roacode_sublingual

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny you mention an apology to Gaia.

I used to run the dishwasher with nothing in it back to back to cover up the noise of my mayhem from the people upstairs. Thanks for the reminder about how shitty I have been to this world despite actually caring.

Sounds like the experience was useful in the sense of being able to tell us not to attempt it?

I mean unless this combo is somehow truly needed. I can think of a small vault full of things to make it unnecessary.

Agreed, and nicely put! I think some have mentioned doing this combo successfully, but I only offer this rougher experience as a balance, or other thing to consider.
As with all challenging trips, although this left me scared, it is more of a tempering and has reminded me to respect this stuff. I recall another thought that kept cycling during that trip: “these are lesser known, research chems. What was I thinking combining them so early?” Read: lesser known to me, or at least not among the classics.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for writing the report. :) This really illustrates how we're all affected differently. Personally I really liked the combo (well, of ALD-52 and ETH-LAD, but 1p/ALD/LSD are more or less the same). I also really like AL-LAD and LSD or AL-LAD and ETH-LAD.

I ate them both at once. Only did the combo once. I will say I am very resistant to bodyloads, I usually don't even feel uncomfortable on come-ups anymore. This has been a gradual process, I've been tripping (sometimes very heavily in the past) for 17 years now, and for the first, say, 5 years, I would feel horrible until I hit the peak of almost everything. I guess my body just got more used to the transition from sober to psychedelic or something because now stuff that used to make me feel awful doesn't even make me feel slightly bad. So it might just be me, too. I thought I should mention that... I'm sort of a freak I think. =D

Hey thanks, Shadowmeister. I used to be like that, stomach like a cat. Never noticed come ups before, but lasted the entire trip, save for 15 minutes of post-puke bliss. Back in the day, it was never an issue, but maybe because I took such a long break, my body is getting shocked again. I think I will just start back low again at 25ug and work up over the weeks/months as I am able. This will be a much slower journey to the pursuit of the visuals I remember from the early 90s.

Yikes, I seem to be posting too much, but a bit of an update...
I may have been overloading some receptors as I recently retraced my steps for that horrible trip three weeks ago, and I remember fooling around with Miprocin quite a bit. I mix it with dabs, very casually, very minutely. For a couple weeks prior to my lousy trip, I had been kinda doing the 5-MeO-MiPT in several sub mg hits over the days. Just enough to feel it, no visuals or headspace, just a tiny rush each time and a couple times per day.
Now I am thinking this may have caused some kind of build up/ burn out to occur which caused my insane temp flux.
Or at least that’s my theory for now!
I suppose “fooling around” with subs is foolish; then mixing two ergolines in and . . .
There is cross-tolerance between these, so my burnout theory works?

I am just kinda shocked from that reaction and want to trip again, but feel apprehensive.
Might try micro-ing out to get back again.
Any advice?

Last edited:
Well, there is definitely cross-tolerance between all serotonergic psychedelics, such as lysergamides and tryptamines. Although I would think that the 5-MeO-MiPT would have given you some tolerance, making the lysergamides weaker. However, it could also be that your receptors were just like "leave me alone!" Also, some trips are just stronger/different than other ones, I think there must be a lot of factors that go into how you'll be affected each time.