• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids SURVEY ON BUPRENORpHINES BEST ANALGESIC DOSE

Stashing meds would depend on the dose prescribed and the dose taken. Yes I have noticed better pain manegment at doses of 4 mg or less compared to higher doses.
Ok, thanks! After a month of experimenting with up to 8 mg/day, I have concluded that the best way to do it for me is to go through the work day popping .5mgX2 in the AM, 1 mg at lunch, .5mg at 2pm or so, and 2 mg when I get home. In the later evening I plan on taking 1 mg at 8pm. I may fuck myself with this if sleep proves difficult with that much bupe in me, but I will report tomorrow. :) Cheers Subians

Fell asleep by 11:30pm. tonight took last 1mg at 7pm. hope to sleep by 10:30
p.s. 8 mg was actually kinda toxic feeling and I got depressed. 6 mg and under seems far superior.

The longer I took bupe for the more larger doses started to make me feel overly lethargic and depressed (maybe like this toxic feeling you just described having at 8mg?)

At very first 8-12mg per day felt great energetic and happy all day but somewhere between the first and second year I started noticing growing lethargy/depression/apathy when taking more than 2-4mg per day.

The longer I took bupe for the more larger doses started to make me feel overly lethargic and depressed (maybe like this toxic feeling you just described having at 8mg?)

At very first 8-12mg per day felt great energetic and happy all day but somewhere between the first and second year I started noticing growing lethargy/depression/apathy when taking more than 2-4mg per day.

I had the exact same experience just with actual toxic effects to my health. They mainly included worrisome weight loss issues even with a stellar diet and excercise.

Interesting :) Last night I had terrifying nightmares. I had been scaling down from last weeks 8mg/day run, and was at 5 or 6mg the last 3 days and I noticed tiny WD symptoms. But the nightmares! Did you ever have horrifying bupe related nightmares?

I had the exact same experience just with actual toxic effects to my health. They mainly included worrisome weight loss issues even with a stellar diet and excercise.
Well I can't wait for the weight loss! Maybe this will lift the fat gravity of my gabapentin/seroquel situation ;) Been adding a couple lbs a month, hope it's just winter...fear it's these oatmeal/coconut milk binges! -----p.s. what other type of health effect did you suffer?

It's pretty typical for me to suffer from unusually intense and vivid dreams during times of withdrawal (if I able to fall actually sleep) and during tapers usually. These intense dreams can sometimes be nightmares though I kind of enjoy the intensity of the dreams regardless.

It's pretty typical for me to suffer from unusually intense and vivid dreams during times of withdrawal (if I able to fall actually sleep) and during tapers usually. These intense dreams can sometimes be nightmares though I kind of enjoy the intensity of the dreams regardless.
Me too! Always with the demons and physical pain of being bitten etc in my WD dreams Also, the reason that I am able to sleep through opioid withdrawals is due to Seroquel.
Agin today .5mg doses, 2mg in total until 2pm then a whole 2mg pill. Will take 2 mg at 6:15 prob after nap :)

Me too! Always with the demons and physical pain of being bitten etc in my WD dreams Also, the reason that I am able to sleep through opioid withdrawals is due to Seroquel.
Agin today .5mg doses, 2mg in total until 2pm then a whole 2mg pill. Will take 2 mg at 6:15 prob after nap :)
Me three! Today is my 7th day on 2mg. And I have some wds and have been having crazy dreams/nightmares.

lol, how is the 2mg working for you? Better than 4? Same or not as good? How's the analgesia? I guess you need to stay longer at 2 to know for sure.?

Yeah I definitely need more time. Each time I make a drop the gap to getting used to the newer lower dose is larger. Hopefully just a few more days. I went from 4 to 3 to 2.5 to 2. Pain wise is a little hard for me to say since pretty much after I adjust to my new dose i can feel high most of the time. Not sure if it's better or worse but I am still getting some pain relief with my dental problems.

On a side note. Any advice other than to snort when getting a tooth pulled? Sucks to try to hold in my water mixture when a huge hole in my mouth. I feel like it's the cause for the hole becoming infected. I've asked this before with not to much luck. Probably nothing i can do but deal with it.

Yeah I definitely need more time. Each time I make a drop the gap to getting used to the newer lower dose is larger. Hopefully just a few more days. I went from 4 to 3 to 2.5 to 2. Pain wise is a little hard for me to say since pretty much after I adjust to my new dose i can feel high most of the time. Not sure if it's better or worse but I am still getting some pain relief with my dental problems.

On a side note. Any advice other than to snort when getting a tooth pulled? Sucks to try to hold in my water mixture when a huge hole in my mouth. I feel like it's the cause for the hole becoming infected. I've asked this before with not to much luck. Probably nothing i can do but deal with it.
OH no!!! Suboxone DOES cause tooth decay like a mofo!!! I knew sucrose (i think thats what it is in there) couldn't be that good for us! p.s. I've heard people smoke fuckin subs ;)

Going to follow advice of BL and taper dose to 4mg. Shit! Just remembered I forgot my evening dose. I am at 4.5 today! Should I just ride it out and begin taper?? I may just take a 2mg. Where you at BL bupers? Sub is the top pain med of all time in some ways :)

It did nothing at all. i was on 4 100mcg fentanyl patches.Presccribed. Morphine IS breakthrough. Now on 2 100 mcg patches and 8 mg dilaudid breakthrough. i'm pretty depressed.Not regarding pain meds...life. i'm probably too tolerant...anyway, bupo nor suboxone helped when I did want to quit.Too bad it's impossible to get gel atches anymore.

It did nothing at all. i was on 4 100mcg fentanyl patches.Presccribed. Morphine IS breakthrough. Now on 2 100 mcg patches and 8 mg dilaudid breakthrough. i'm pretty depressed.Not regarding pain meds...life. i'm probably too tolerant...anyway, bupo nor suboxone helped when I did want to quit.Too bad it's impossible to get gel atches anymore.
its a pretty wicked substance in low doses broham! :)

Today stopped at 6. Yesterday only 5.5. My goal is a slow taper back to 4. Low tolerance leave room for significant analgesia with little 2 mg increases for tough days.

Today stopped at 5 mg. There is a certain amount of pain you must deal with when you go out shopping or whatnot, and dosing when you should just rest is a mistake.

Today I took at least 8mg and the analgesia was to die for tbph.

I am hovering at 8mg when I want to be at 4. Getting yelled at by gf right before bed a few days ago set off a chain reaction, and now I am on too much sub and way too much coffee. Still, I persist in reporting on the Perfect Analgesic Dose. As long as I'm posting, might as well explain that 8 mg is indeed analgesic.