Melanotan 1 Vs Melanotan 2?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
I'm generally getting a gist to the effect of MT1 having a much reduced side effect profile, and longer time to develop tan?

And also being considered generally safer?

Anyone used MT1 vs MT2 - and how did the experiences differ?

No insights here?

Many reports to the effect of Melanotan 1 being safer, less side effects, longer to tan.

I don't think I ever tried MT1. Or if I did, it was way back early 2000s and I can't really remember. Just try the MT2, you're not likely to suffer horrific side effects, and if you don't like it and stop using, no major $$$ investment wasted. 1 vial of MT2 typically goes a long way.

Some sources seem to consistently state one must inject like, upwards of 20 mg and it has to build in the system, to see some kind of result.

Where as other say, inject, then sunbed the next day - and the tan comes on quickly.

??

In any case, I finally got a reliable source and some MT2 is on its way.

If you inject 20mg you are going to be in for a horrible, horrible time lol.

Ive never found a reason to go above 200mcg (and thats tapering up to that dose).

Half life is relatively short so I would recommend using it right before tanning bed or sun exposure as thats what I found to work best IME. Personally I?d start with 100mcg or so and go up from there

If you inject 20mg you are going to be in for a horrible, horrible time lol.

Ive never found a reason to go above 200mcg (and thats tapering up to that dose).

Half life is relatively short so I would recommend using it right before tanning bed or sun exposure as thats what I found to work best IME. Personally I?d start with 100mcg or so and go up from there

I think his 20mg.thing was in reference to how some say a loading period needs to occur. Like 1mg/day for 20 days. Absolutely not needed.
100-200mcg/day and just go lay in a sunbed for like 5 minutes

I think his 20mg.thing was in reference to how some say a loading period needs to occur. Like 1mg/day for 20 days. Absolutely not needed.
100-200mcg/day and just go lay in a sunbed for like 5 minutes

Oh yes - it was in reference to loading the dose - but you're saying, loading is not actually not necessary?

Just 100 to 200 mcg/day - right before a sunbed, do I have that correct?
And I can do that from the very first day - no need to build up at all?

Measurements I have is, 2 ml bac water in a 10 mg vial, then.... something to the effect to 250 mcg is 5 iu?

I've never used needles before so I'll have to get examine the gauging but, basically 1/100th to 1/50th of the vial per dose - is adequate?
So basically, after my first dose I should go to the sunbed?

Mt2 has a 24hr half life. I'd inject before bed so the nausea doesn't affect your appetite until you get used to it.
Edit: yes, day one just go with like 125 or 250mcg. Can do 125 everyday or 250 every other day if you want until you get used to it then bump to 250 a day until you get as dark as you desire. Then just 250 twice a week for maintenance

Mt2 has a 24hr half life. I'd inject before bed so the nausea doesn't affect your appetite until you get used to it.
Edit: yes, day one just go with like 125 or 250mcg. Can do 125 everyday or 250 every other day if you want until you get used to it then bump to 250 a day until you get as dark as you desire. Then just 250 twice a week for maintenance

Do you have a reference to 24 hour half life? Just genuinely curious as I?ve always seen much lower numbers quoted. Admittedly, I didn?t look that hard though

Do you have a reference to 24 hour half life? Just genuinely curious as I?ve always seen much lower numbers quoted. Admittedly, I didn?t look that hard though

My bad. I meant tanning happens over the course of 24+hrs. I'm not sure of the actual life of mt2 in the body. This is why it's not really important as to when mt2 is dosed as the body will continue to produce melanin for quite some time after UV exposure. I wanna say heavy UVB exposure is several days even a week post exposure.

That's actually melatonin, the sleep aid - but as it happens it appears melanotan 2 is similar half life.

About an hour.

I'm revisiting this topic now as MT1 may be on the cards.

I'm getting some weird side effects from MT 2 - gonna try dosing it at night for a while and see does that help.

If not, MT 1 may be preferable for me.

MT1 does not cross BBB.
MT2 does.

Comparison dosing guide.

1 hour effect window for mt1 kind of sucks....?

Last edited:

Melanotan 1 pharmacokinetics paper:

The plasma half-lives following SC dosing ranged from 0·07 to 0·79 h for the absorption phase and from 0·8 to 1·7 h

According to "alpha" vs "beta" phase half lives.

Stimulation of the MC4Rs by agonists such as α-melanocyte stimulating hormone has been shown to stimulate central endogenous release of oxytocin [19].

Oxytocin affected by MT.

This paper also alludes to impracticality of Oxytocin admin to enhance social function, due to its short half life and issues crossing the BBB.... ?

Apparently this secondary effect of MT2 renders evident sociability improvement.

Who knows if this translates to humans, but in my experience - it feels like it could....

Results: Females receiving the high dose of MTII and the low dose of BUS formed robust partner preferences. MTI did effect partner preference formation in this paradigm.

MT 1 does not affect oxytocin related behaviour according to that.
MT 2 does.

Due to effects on MC receptor subtypes.

Thus, targeting these receptor systems provides a potential mechanism to stimulate the OT system, which may have therapeutic value for enhancing social cognitive function in disorders such as autism, circumventing the limitation of peripheral OT administration.

Last edited: