• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Combining phenibut and opiates?

Kallisti23

Bluelighter
Does anyone have any experience combining phenibut with opiates, specifically heroin but any true opiate as opposed to kratom? And if so how where the effects? Did you find the respiratory depression to be greater or lesser than with benzodiazepines?

I have combined it with kratom before and I enjoyed it. But I?m not sure if it will react the same with true opiates.

Any info / experience is greatly appreciated!

Hey man, just make sure that we keep the discussion focused solely on Harm Reduction and not recreational usage. I'm not accusing you, just saying. The thing with Gabapentinoids, is that they do not seem to have an impact on respiratory depression, but I cannot state with absolute certainty that this is the case with Phenibut or any Gabapentinoids for that matter. There is not a lot of information available concerning the combined usage of Gabapentinoids and Opioids.

I have extensive experience with the combination though. Most of my experience is with Gabapentin (Neurontin) and/or Pregabalin (Lyrica), however, not to mention the fact that Phenibut is not even considered a medication in the United States, it's considered a nutritional supplement, thus, there is just not a lot of study dedicated to its usage as such. What I can tell you, is that their is a definite synergy between the two. You will be more intoxicated than if you had taken them separately.

As I've stated, I don't know for sure about the respiratory depression, but I know you can get severely fucked up by the combination; slurred words, unsteady gait, subjective feeling of lost clarity of thought etc. In civilized society, there are typically consequences of some kind for being that intoxicated, so whether respiratory depression is a factor or not, you don't want to be getting that intoxicated anyway.

There are a lot of hardcore Phenibut users here in the community, so just give it a minute and I'm sure you'll experience a flood of opinions. Please just remember what I said and don't let this turn into a discussion of recreational usage or how to get the most fucked up, lest I close it.

Hey man, just make sure that we keep the discussion focused solely on Harm Reduction and not recreational usage. I'm not accusing you, just saying. The thing with Gabapentinoids, is that they do not seem to have an impact on respiratory depression, but I cannot state with absolute certainty that this is the case with Phenibut or any Gabapentinoids for that matter. There is not a lot of information available concerning the combined usage of Gabapentinoids and Opioids.

I have extensive experience with the combination though. Most of my experience is with Gabapentin (Neurontin) and/or Pregabalin (Lyrica), however, not to mention the fact that Phenibut is not even considered a medication in the United States, it's considered a nutritional supplement, thus, there is just not a lot of study dedicated to its usage as such. What I can tell you, is that their is a definite synergy between the two. You will be more intoxicated than if you had taken them separately.

As I've stated, I don't know for sure about the respiratory depression, but I know you can get severely fucked up by the combination; slurred words, unsteady gait, subjective feeling of lost clarity of thought etc. In civilized society, there are typically consequences of some kind for being that intoxicated, so whether respiratory depression is a factor or not, you don't want to be getting that intoxicated anyway.

There are a lot of hardcore Phenibut users here in the community, so just give it a minute and I'm sure you'll experience a flood of opinions. Please just remember what I said and don't let this turn into a discussion of recreational usage or how to get the most fucked up, lest I close it.

Thanks for the reply Keif. I am pretty much purely interested in the safety of it, I would like to use low dose phenibut to help me get a good nights sleep tonight. I don?t sleep well off good quality H. Of course I?d be interested in any synergy or lack thereof between the two but as I said, that?s not my primary question.

Sorry about bumping the thread, but surely with so many phenibut heads out there some of you folks must have taken it together with opiates? There is so surprisingly little information online about it though that it would be great to gather a few more experiential reports on the interaction between the two.

Thanks in advance!

I honestly believe phenibut, gabapentin, ghb, and lyrica cancel out too many positive effects of opiates for my liking. For example, I dosed on opioids today and have no tolerance (well I "permanently" do as I'm an opiate addict- but for myself, I was back at my forever tainted baseline). I also had ~3.5 grams of phenibut yesterday midday. I can say with certainty that the odd dissociative hangover effects of phenibut canceled out much of my expected bliss- I didn't feel the warmth, the histamine reactions, I took a sizable dose of methadone- 30mg, and it felt like I took a measly 7.5mg of hydrocodone instead.

As far as safety, I don't really feel comfortable making up a blanket statement, but for me, gabapentin, lyrica, and phenibut never caused me problems or made me feel like they "exasperated" the CNS depression (the bastards do steal my euphoria though!!) when mixed with opiates- ghb on the other hand is reckless to mix with opiates and not worth a shit to even try. Just my 2 cents/

I honestly believe phenibut, gabapentin, ghb, and lyrica cancel out too many positive effects of opiates for my liking. For example, I dosed on opioids today and have no tolerance (well I "permanently" do as I'm an opiate addict- but for myself, I was back at my forever tainted baseline). I also had ~3.5 grams of phenibut yesterday midday. I can say with certainty that the odd dissociative hangover effects of phenibut canceled out much of my expected bliss- I didn't feel the warmth, the histamine reactions, I took a sizable dose of methadone- 30mg, and it felt like I took a measly 7.5mg of hydrocodone instead.

As far as safety, I don't really feel comfortable making up a blanket statement, but for me, gabapentin, lyrica, and phenibut never caused me problems or made me feel like they "exasperated" the CNS depression (the bastards do steal my euphoria though!!) when mixed with opiates- ghb on the other hand is reckless to mix with opiates and not worth a shit to even try. Just my 2 cents/

Thanks for getting back!

The consensus seems to be that the respitory depression isn?t quite as much of a danger as with benzos anyway. That?s interesting what you?re saying about them ?cancelling out? many of the positive effects of opiates, such as euphoria. Do you find this to be in the same way as large doses of benzos can dull opiates, or more of an actual blocking effect? I find that a low dose of a benzo can synergise nicely with opiates but if the benzo dose is too high it kind of overrides the opiate, taking away from lots of the opiate loveliness such as euphoria etc. I don?t know what your phenibut tolerance is like, but 3.5g would be a very high dose for me anyway.