• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Which psychedelic do you find more therapeutically useful - LSD or pure mescaline?

redtailedhawk

Bluelighter
Those of you who have used both of these substances for either self- healing and/or therapeutic purposes - which of the two did you find more beneficial? And in what way?

Thank you! <3

I never tried mescaline, but I found allylescaline more therapeutic than LSD.

It's a gem. Easier to handle than LSD, and helped me clean some old trauma.

I find LSD more therapeutically than synthetic mescaline but I never really had mental problems at those times with my traumas that I do have. 1p-Lsd seemed a softer, gentler type of lsd or maybe it was the light dose or the fact that I took mxp and 5-apb along with it :s Proscaline came accross as gentler type of mescaline to me. and those two I tried many times to compare eachother without mixing with other substances.

Everyone is different, but the answer for me is unquestionably mescaline. It has a decided empathogenic quality to it not unlike a more well-grounded, not pushy MDMA. It's insights are for typically more personal and interpersonal rather than cosmic.

LSD, on the other hand, is hyperanalytical for me. It's cerebral, not heart-centered. I honestly wouldn't even place it in my personal top ten psychedelics for therapeutic applications, but clearly it has a place for a great number of people (although that may be an overrepresentation bias based on decades of widespread availability compared to alternatives.)

I've never tried mescaline but I'd be surprised if it was LSD because to me LSD is only really therapeutically useful in very high doses, and even then it can be quite incredible but also quite scattered and confusing, which makes it hard to really pin down any kind of insight or lesson that might otherwise be gleaned from it. I am a big fan of LSD but it is a quite hedonistic and externally focused psychedelic for me, and not especially introspective (obviously all psychedelics can be introspective - but LSD just does not stand out in this regard for me). I'll reserve judgement of course until I do try mescaline. But I agree with Pfafffed that there may be some "overrepresentation bias" going on with LSD's therapeutic usefulness.

I agree about LSD, I find a lot of things more introspective and therapeutic, although that said, I've had some very therapeutic trips on LSD, too (and also sober). LSD is really fun and I love it. Mescaline, however, is a beautiful inward-focused, wise and loving substance. The tryptamines, such as mushrooms or really almost all of them are also quite therapeutic but in a more intense, off-putting way than mescaline. It's difficult for me to imagine having a negative experience on mescaline, it's so warm and gentle and comfortable.

I suspect it has to do with the individual and what kind of therapy you mean. If it's healing from trauma/PTSD, I'm guessing mescaline would be the champ. If it's personal growth/self-improvement type therapy I'd say LSD.

I've tried both, but mescaline only in the form of cacti and not pure. Personally, I've learned a lot more from LSD, but I know I vibe with it tremendously (and have also tripped way more often on it!) LSD has shown me the next level up in a way that mescaline did not. However, mescaline is much more heart-centered like others have said. I feel it could be used similar to the way MDMA is being used to treat PTSD, with great success.

LSD is like a master teacher pointing people in the direction of realization.
Mescaline is like a warm healer, spreading infinite love.

Depends what sort of healing your looking for IMO. Mescaline is veryyyyy healing. Laid back yet strong at higher dosages. Pure healing though I'd have to say a strong does of mescaline (500-1250mgs)is the best. It's cathartic and it has much more reliability in the sense of not spiraling out of control which is an added bonus.

LSD seems to be much more reliant on you personally to direct the experience whereas Mescaline is more guided and definitely more therapeutic.

Mescaline is probably one of the most therapeutic psychedelics there is.. So long as the world has DMT and Mescaline all will be good.

-GC

Thank you all for your answers! <3 It seems mescaline takes the upper "healing hand" here and is something to be explored further. :)