• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Your xanax eperiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inds

Bluelighter
Hi guys, finally got some hands on some xanax and I'm disappointed to say that all it did was make me pass out as soon as I closed my eyes. If I made an effort to not do that then my day would go by normally and I didn't feel anything. At 0.5, 1, 1.5 I felt nothing. At 2mg I felt some (keyword SOME) of the enhanced tactile sensation that I'd feel with lorazepam at just half that dose and again felt nothing.
If xanax is supposed to be much more powerful than both lora and klonopin, then why is this?
I talked to the vendor and he said I'm supposed to take 1mg consistently. Fuck that, im not getting addicted to this shit. I thought this was intended as an as-needed basis for panic attacks? Then later he said take it right before bed. So now i'm confused. Is this an anxiolytic or a sleep-aid?

I wanna hear how you guys use this recreationally and what I am doing wrong. Klonopin and Lora both make me feel good and calm but this xanax just makes me go in and out of consciousness throughout the day while having zero effect on my behavior. And this is the stuff I'm told that antisocial people use to become outgoing, LOL. Did I just get bunk or what?

Also, it would lower my body temperature and made me feel heavy. Any of these symptoms consistent?

First off if you are getting it on the streets if could be anything.
If you indeed have Xanax, its not more powerful than clonazepam, in theory 1mg of Xanax is equal to 1mg klonopin, but in reality they are very different, for me clonazepam takes a while to kick in, while alprazolam is a pretty fast benzo, clonazepam is much more sedating for me at equal dosages, but alprazolam is better for panick attacks and anxiety. Usually for me 0.5-1mg of alprazolam is a good dosage for minor anxiety and relaxation, 2mg for panick attacks, and more than 2mg is starting to be blackout territory, my experience with clonazepam is the same, 2mg is pretty sedating, more is blackout territory for me. I honestly dont like alprazolam a lot, its not a very useful benzo except for panick attacks.

I did get it off the streets, thats the problem. I might be able to convince my doc to give me just a few zannies so i can compare, or ask the dealer to give me some klonopin to see if it's anything like what I have from the doc, as I still have plenty of it.

For comparison, 1mg of lorazepam is enough to keep my anxiety in check if I take it every day. I need 1.5mg klonopin for the same effect and only need to take it every other day. But this crap I got off the street is not sedating at all unless I lay down and close my eyes and even then I only sleep for an hour or two before waking up again.

Not good. Need to be klonopin, so it wears off and kicks in too soon. Episodes of weeping because i am losing the normality, drinking also and having $400 glasses frames stolen.

Xanax is nothing but amnesia and stupid decisions, there is no fun value in it. It has a utility, that is to stop panic attacks and generally quell anxiety, it's great at that. If you try to take it outside of that context to get high you are likely to end up forgetting whatever you were doing, taking your whole supply, and possibly doing something that you deeply regret later.

That's my experience anyway...

Xanax is nothing but amnesia and stupid decisions, there is no fun value in it. It has a utility, that is to stop panic attacks and generally quell anxiety, it's great at that. If you try to take it outside of that context to get high you are likely to end up forgetting whatever you were doing, taking your whole supply, and possibly doing something that you deeply regret later.

That's my experience anyway...

That's exactly what I experienced, lmao. There's four episodes of a show that my playlist says I watched and I have no memory of the last 3, literally only bits and pieces, 10 seconds out of a whole hour maybe.
I do have anxiety that I want quelled but I'm not noticing it. If amnesia is a cure for anxiety, then a bullet to the head is the cure for all ills. Prove my logic wrong.

Other benzos make me feel noticeably calm and relaxed, Xanax does not. But since I keep hearing from dozens of socially awkward people that say zannies make them completely outgoing, I thought either I got bunk or I am the problem, not the drug.
Would love to hear more opinions and feedback.

Xanax makes me feel intellectually retarded and any social gain that i get is completely negated by the fact that i feel like my brain has been turned to mush.

Hey OP, I'm sorry that you didn't do your research ;). Had you done a little bit of digging around the community prior to obtaining your drugs, you would've found a dearth of evidence implying that Benzodiazepines are "recreational", that is, subjectively enjoyable in their own right. It's just not generally how people feel. I had a similar reaction the first time I used Alprazolam (Xanax). I had heard so much about this troublesome little substance, I was so surprised to find that I experienced what seemed like nothing.

I was actually so disappointed that I assumed my friend had ripped me off. You'll no doubt find in your travels through the world of recreational drug use, that Benzodiazepines serve more of a utilitarian purpose when compared to other drugs. You're having a bad trip? Take a pill. Long night of Cocaine/Amphetamine/Stimulant usage? A Benzodiazepine will put you to be nicely and comfortably.

That's not to say that there is not a segment of the population who won't enjoy Benzodiazepines in such a way. For instance, someone suffering from extreme anxiety, fear or panic will find the relief offered by these drugs to be life-changing. This, however, is not most people. Hopefully this explanation helped.

Keith, I actually do get nice feelings from klonopin and lorazepam. It enhances tactile sensation, especially my head, like a weak ecstasy roll kinda.
Thanks for the explanation, I now see xanax is suitable for stopping outright panic attacks, not for quelling general anxiety. See, I assumed that since xanax is basically just a strong benzo, it would make me feel twice as relaxed and happy as klono and lora do. Instead, the stronger benzo's effects manifested themselves with amnesia and blacking out all the time. Lesson learned. I will save these zannies the next time I have a bad trip or something.

Good deal my friend. With that in mind, I am going to go ahead and close this thread. To be honest, it's not the type of thing that we like to handle here in BDD. Just FYI, threads like this i.e. "What is your experience with _____ ". We need to have a clear objective in each thread that is related in some way to Harm Reduction and not recreational or "for fun" use.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.