• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

To Narcan Myself or Not?

StarMedic552

Greenlighter
Took 2 OxyContin 20mg about 2 hours ago. Feeling a hefty buzz after an 8 month tolerance break. Gotta go to sleep bc I have to work tomorrow. Should I Narcan myself before I go to sleep to make sure I keep breathing and will wake up, or am I probably gonna be okay? I haven't taken a tolerance break ever, only taken IR oxycodone (about 30mg) instead of OxyContin, and I'm not around anyone who could bag me if I needed it, but I have 2-3 things of Narcan in my pack. Thanks all.

Last edited:
If you have a previous tolerance and don't feel like you are uncontrollably losing consciousness then you will most likely be fine. That being said if you feel you are in dangerous territory it's better to be safe than sorry.

I wound up doing it to make sure I was sober in time for work. Took three doses to do it (dosed at T+8:30, T+9, and T+10)

Philosophically, there should never really be an instance in which somebody should use Naloxone (Narcan) on themselves. It is a short-acting antagonist. Even if you have overdosed, due to the controlled-release aspect of the drugs in question, you will simply revive yourself before falling back into respiratory depression. The drug information says pretty explicitly that Naloxone is only effective if prompt medical attention/care is administered after the antagonist. It's just not really possible to do this in a way that I would consider safe. It's a paradox?