• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Clonazolam Taper Way Too Easy?

speedballs_over

Bluelighter
The question:

I can't grasp how 6-mg/day of diclazepam held a four year, high dose, everyday all day c-lam habit when a switch to 6-mg/day of diclaz was made while steady at 3.3-mg/day c-lam? That's less than 1-mg c-lam per 2-mg diclaz. Well known sources, high purity powder for both.

I know the identity of each benzo is correct. 0.25-mg of my c-lam wiped out any non-highly benzo tolerant person who tried it. Bam, out cold after a half hour of bliss.

How is this possible? Have others experienced the same or opposite? Doesn't it seem impossible? Very, very minor w/ds for two days post c-lam cessation.

Details:

3.3-mg/day was my c-lam dose for the two weeks preceding the shift. I'd tapered with c-lam from 4.5- to 3.3-mg/day over the six weeks before the switch. I'd dosed as high as 5.5-mg c-lam for six months during year three, but was at 4.5-mg/day for about the final year of the four year run, and I'd had a prior decade of prescribed 4-mg/day clonazepam daily before c-lam. I stopped the clonazepam of course never dosed both clonaz's at the same time.

I don't get it. 1-mg diclaz is supposedly equal to 10-mg diazepam with some saying less and few stating 1:20-mg (even if that were that were the case I think it's a wonder nonetheless).

How is this possible with known high purity c-lam from several reputable sources of assayed product >> 90%?

Both RC benzos as powder prepared in situ with PG taking great care and many years of professional experiencing preparing USP FDA prescription pharmaceuticals.

More info desired? Pls ask.

I'm confused. Have you stopped the benzo's completely? I found I felt better after switching from 2 mg clonazolam per day to 3 mg of diazepam.

The real work starts when you discontinue the benzo's completely. After being off of them for a week give us an update. I have pleasantly surprised myself multiple times when switching to a long acting benzo. I also found I felt better at lower doses.

It is going to take 7 days before you can feel the peak effect from switching. 3 days is not enough. Now if you went through all of this work and tapered off completely with no to minimal WD's after being benzo free for 10 days then you would be an an anomaly and should count yourself lucky.

The question:

I can't grasp how 6-mg/day of diclazepam held a four year, high dose, everyday all day c-lam habit when a switch to 6-mg/day of diclaz was made while steady at 3.3-mg/day c-lam? That's less than 1-mg c-lam per 2-mg diclaz. Well known sources, high purity powder for both.

I know the identity of each benzo is correct. 0.25-mg of my c-lam wiped out any non-highly benzo tolerant person who tried it. Bam, out cold after a half hour of bliss.

How is this possible? Have others experienced the same or opposite? Doesn't it seem impossible? Very, very minor w/ds for two days post c-lam cessation.

Details:

3.3-mg/day was my c-lam dose for the two weeks preceding the shift. I'd tapered with c-lam from 4.5- to 3.3-mg/day over the six weeks before the switch. I'd dosed as high as 5.5-mg c-lam for six months during year three, but was at 4.5-mg/day for about the final year of the four year run, and I'd had a prior decade of prescribed 4-mg/day clonazepam daily before c-lam. I stopped the clonazepam of course never dosed both clonaz's at the same time.

I don't get it. 1-mg diclaz is supposedly equal to 10-mg diazepam with some saying less and few stating 1:20-mg (even if that were that were the case I think it's a wonder nonetheless).

How is this possible with known high purity c-lam from several reputable sources of assayed product >> 90%?

Both RC benzos as powder prepared in situ with PG taking great care and many years of professional experiencing preparing USP FDA prescription pharmaceuticals.

More info desired? Pls ask.

You prepare pharmaceutical preparations in a professional manner? Hope you never prepare mine.

Last edited:
Clonazolam to Diclazepam Taper too easy?

OK, my bad I wasn't clear. I'll try again.

I was taking clonazOLAM (c-lam) daily for four years, habit of an average of 4.5-mg/day, every day for four years.

I tapered the c-lam to 3.3-mg/day, every day during June -> Aug this year.

I then made a direct switch, no crossover, to diclazepam at 6-mg/day. I do not understand how a dose of diclazepam less than twice the mass of the c-lam I was taking substituted for the known high purity, multiple sources of powder c-lam I used (I still have some of each but am disposing of them shortly - yeah, I know...)

No doubt my materials are c-lam and diclazepam. None. Prepared in PG and dosed fairly accurately and very precisely by volume.

My questions are:

Has anyone else experienced the ability to switch from clonazolam to diclazepam at a daily dose ratio of 2:1 diclazepam:clonazolam?

Or anywhere close, or even less?

I do not understand how I am not in withdrawals and feeling shitty. I've been on diclazepam for about two months now. No clonazolam no other benzos.

Others substances used daily: bupe (SubuTEX generic) 4-6-mg/day, Lamictal / lamotrigine 200-mg/day for mood disorder (is this a possible factor)?, Vyvanse 40-mg/day. Magnesium supplements as Mag citrate, cannabis.

Last edited:
The 6 mg of diclazepam is covering up your WD symptoms. The large amount of benzo's you are taking daily should be plenty to hold you over. If 6 mg is equal to 60-80 mg of diazepam and this same amount builds up in your system over time you in turn have a huge amount in your system.

It should not be a surprise that you are only exprencing minor WD's. Yes I have used diclazepam to cover up C-lam WD's. It worked wonderfully. It wasn't until I completely stopped benzo's that I realized just how physically addicted I had become.