• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

So you want to learn how to design opioids?

clubcard

Bluelighter
You need 1 paper and 1 ebook both of which are free.

DOI 10.1007/s00894-010-0745-1 - Insights into subtype selectivity of opioid agonists by ligand-based and structure-based methods

ISBN-10: 012443830X - 'Opiates' by George R. Lenz, Suzanne M. Evans, D. Eric Walters & Antol J. Hopfinger

Last edited:
What about the tertiary amine? And what about Herkinorin and Salvinorin - no nitrogen at all?

PS: give a link to the free paper please!

A moi, I believe that opioids used regularly lead to spiritual death and should be reserved for the dying, for acute physical pain, surgeries, and for those who wish to die.

Err.... I didn't even suggest the use of them. I'm trying to show people how they work. The diverse set of compounds with the same action are just about the best way to learn 3D QSAR and rational design.

It wasn't directed at you. Just a stupid little pendantic public service announcement on my part. Oxycontin was a disaster imo.

I totally agree. I know 3 people in the UK who would describe themselves as non drug users but commented on the euphoria oxycodone produces and that they were tempted to take the last 2 dose units at the same time. They didn't, but it crossed their minds.

"non drug user" usually refers to a drug user who hasn't had anything besides ethanol yet ;)

Nope - they all have jobs that mean they get randomly tested and the limit for alcohol is about x10 lower than the limit for drivers. They couldn't work or had to be put doing office stuff until they stopped taking them. See how lazy generalizations shows prejudice? No drug means no drugs, legal or not.

http://michaellinnell.org.uk/michael_linnell_archive/mc_dermotts_guides/pdf/M6 MCDERMOTT.pdf

Anyone who knows who Delia Venus Wyn is knows.

Evidently the dozen or so people who regularly post and provide answers that could have been found alone in seconds is all this page is. Anyone asking an opioid question from now on will just get a link.