• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Needing high doses of MD

Tidefix

Greenlighter
Hi, I?m a 19 year old female weighing roughly 60kg and usually roll with my boyfriend who is 26 and weighs 90kg.

We have both found that we need massive amounts of MDMA right now to experience our ?desired? effects - for example, a couple of months ago we both took half a brown Einstein pill (dutch press, 240-280mg if I remember correctly). After waiting 2 hours and experiencing NO effects other than typical come-up ‘tiredness’, yawning and being slightly chattier we took another half to receive a barely-there roll. Stupidly but predictably we both ended up taking 2 pills by the time the night was done and enjoyed it. Our 29yo male friend who rolls much more frequently (6 times in the past 5 weeks!) rolled hard and comfortably from one pill.

When we take average doses of MDMA - even 200 to 250mg - we both experience this same feeling of coming up, up, up...then fading off into a VERY subtle effect almost like an SSRI. Due to this we both usually end up taking around 400-600 with this being the go to; regardless of how much we try to pace ourselves or take tiny amounts first.

Generally once we reach our peak we still experience the full ‘magic’ of MDMA; most (not all) of our stuff is tested or comes from a trusted source straight from the D net. Any time we have rolled successfully and hard from one pill they’ve been...questionable (potentially MDA or RCs).

I don?t have this problem with other drugs having tripped enjoyably and often intensely on fairly low or normal doses of psychedelics (20mg 2CB, 8g Mexicana truffles, 180ug LSD etc) and generally have a low tolerance to most drugs bar this.

While I?m aware this is an exercise in self control that we?re failing, why does it take so much for us to roll? Is it simply tolerance and rolling too much? We roll maybe once monthly or once every two months with a few outliers (2 days or weekends in a row) once in a blue moon - it’s rare. Is it best to take a break or accept its time to move on?

I?ve also found I feel much more tired on MDMA recently than I used to if this is relevant and often need to supplement with caffeine or speed where the tiniest bit of MD used to have me up dancing the whole time!

Last edited:
Once a month is a decent bit more than I?d get in the habit of doing. I?d give it at least a 6 month break or so and then give it a go again.

May try supplementing St Johns wort for a while and/or piracetam as those have reportedly brought the intensity back for a lot of people.

Also, other amphetamine based stims will have a cross tolerance (for the dopamine hit IME). Im prescribed adderall and can roll hard if I?ve been taking it regularly but I won?t have nearly as much stimulation and tend to be more on the sedated spectrum although not excessively. If I take a break from the adderall then I notice a much stronger kick in terms of energy.

.................May try supplementing St Johns wort for a while ............

There used to be some concern that whilst St John's Wort is weak MAOI it could perhaps be inadvisable to combine with MDMA. Maybe someone with experience could chime in here. MAOI's and MDMA combos are on the list of no-no's as far as I can see.

I'd be curious as to your stomach contents here. If you consumed this on a stomach that wasn't mostly if not entirely empty that will affect the roll.

Sounds like an RC maybe Methylone? I had an RC once it was as you described with the comeup and we just kept waiting for it to hit us but never did, it felt like we was rolling but not really more like a tease of the real thing it sucked so hard the need for redose was also constant, my friend constantly fiended for my while she kept snorting the cd case clean (I plugged it)

There used to be some concern that whilst St John's Wort is weak MAOI it could perhaps be inadvisable to combine with MDMA. Maybe someone with experience could chime in here. MAOI's and MDMA combos are on the list of no-no's as far as I can see.

I never said to combine them and you?re right, that wouldn?t be advisable