• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is there any strain of weed or strain + CBD combo that's totally chill ALL the time?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
So I used to love weed and smoked all the time but I had a tolerance back then and even then there were times it could make me paranoid or if not, if I was alone, I'd just start worrying and thinking about all the negative aspects of my life.

That's still how it is now and I can only smoke weed and enjoy myself if I'm drunk, on Kratom, Phenibut, Fluro-Phenibut or some combo of them.

That means I'm basically binging out of control if I am smoking weed and that's no good.

I like Kratom cause it makes my depression and anxiety go away temporarily, but it's too addictive, and I have many times wished that Kratom was like weed where I could use it daily but get no WD but that's impossible.

So instead, I wonder if there's any way that with the right strain and CBD combo I could be pretty much sure that I could smoke, vape or eat weed (preferably vape or eat as I have asthma) and be ALMOST 100% sure that I would just enjoy myself and be calm.

Is there anything out there like that?

I mean I know there's no guarantee with everyone and we are all different but I'd at least like to hear opinions.

I have tried a few types of CBD with weed and also by themselves, and they didn't get rid of the anxiety or negative thinking.

Thanks.

It sounds like the psychoactive drug in weed (THC) gives you anxiety. If that's the case then anything containing THC will at least have the potential to make you anxious/paranoid, so no, there probably is no marijuana product that can give you a 100 percent chance of not having even a partially-bad experience.

However, have you looked into cannabis oil in vape pens? They give the user a more measured dose of THC per hit (as opposed to a bong rip or something). The overall result is a more relaxing, gradual high, or at least that's been my experience with them.

Second on the vape pens. I have switched to this exclusively. Burnt Offerings is right, the dose is so controlled and easy. I find that the negative effects have all but deserted me with constant intake. But for me, early on, Sativa strains seemed to make me think more, while Indica usually just laid me out with couch-lock. If you can find some good outdoor, like Texada Timewarp, that can be a bit milder and less at once is what you need. Eating will most certainly be the strongest method, so start small.

It sounds like the psychoactive drug in weed (THC) gives you anxiety. If that's the case then anything containing THC will at least have the potential to make you anxious/paranoid, so no, there probably is no marijuana product that can give you a 100 percent chance of not having even a partially-bad experience.

However, have you looked into cannabis oil in vape pens? They give the user a more measured dose of THC per hit (as opposed to a bong rip or something). The overall result is a more relaxing, gradual high, or at least that's been my experience with them.

I've only once ever hit someone else's vape pen and I was drunk so I don't know how well I'd react to it but it sounds like something to look into.

Well it didn't always give me that much anxiety.

Back when I used to smoke all the time and my tolerance was higher I got less anxiety but not NONE, but it's never been something completely chill for me like for some people where they can go anywhere and do anything on it and I wish it was like that for me cause it's not addictive and I'd like to be able to replace Kratom with it but Kratom is IMO 10 times better other than it being addictive cause it makes me super confident and calm and energized and no one knows I'm on it.

It seems super unfair to me that the god of drugs had to make Kratom so addictive while weed is the one you can smoke however much you want with no issues and if I was the god of drugs I'd change that shit ASAP haha.

I mean I get that there's no ONE HUNDRED percent guarantee, but don't you think that kind of thing could change over time with people, especially if the right strain with the right amount of CBD?

I mean isn't CBD supposed to counter those negative effects?

Couldn't there be a way to get a higher CBD strain to be more chill?

Just try to be sure the turpene "myrcene" (sp?) is on the low end and you should avoid couch brain. I have found two strains I Iike in this regard, my favorite is "Quantum Kush" and the other is, wait for it........"Pootie Tang"! I mean what's not to love about a strain of cannabis called Pootie Tang, right? BTW, another couple with higher CBD levels I've taken a liking to are "Blue Dream CBD" and "Jack Herer #8". Don't know what the deal is with #8 as I've never seen #1-7 but it's pretty mellow and I enjoy it from time to time.

I hope this helps you out a little bit, if not please feel free to contact me and I'll see if there isn't something else I can come up with to assist you.

Just watch, the pens are so easy to use, you can get ripped real quick. But they are reliable dose-wise. You can count to three, or whatever, while inhaling and know that’s your toke level. Adjust as necessary.
‘Also because of ease of use, they can go fast . . . And get expensive, but that does not sound like a likely outcome for you.
There are around 30 other cannabinoids that have varying effects and the balances of these can play a huge part in the overall effect. Again, I would go for a nice, organic outdoor strain - I always found them on the milder side while tasting way better than smoking shake. If you go with the pen, try toking for a 2 or 3 count to start, building up as you go. The pen will wanna take over eventually!

Maybe it is exactly when you stop feeling the negatives of cannabis, that your body/mind’s natural alerts have become too numb to be of use; the mind is simply not getting anxious because this is the new norm for that body.
So it is like pain telling you to pull your hand out of the fire, an alert.

Finding some Dad Weed, as the article above called it, is what I think is a good bet. Eating could and probably will be unpredictable, but I have had great, very predictable experiences with tinctures. Look for a 5:1 CBD to THC sublingual. They are great bang for the buck, and probably the most controllable dosage wise.

Whatever you do, there are others in the same boat, so let us know how you get on.
Unfortunately/fortunately, my alerts are long burnt off - cannabis is like water for me.

Yeah, the thing is, weed isn't legal where I am and I have no ability to choose what strain I buy and won't even usually know what strain it is. The best shot I'd have I guess is using those vape pens and trying to mix in CBD but I've tried a few types of CBD and they didn't seem to do anything to me. What I really want is a replacement for Kratom: a way, like you said, to be very lightly stoned and do other things while high without getting anxiety or negative thoughts.

I'm not totally sure that it's possible without the ability to know what I'm buying though, and the sad thing is what I really love is Kratom but I just find it's addictive potential to be causing problems for me.

Unless or until I can actually walk into a shop and ask for different strains I don't think I'll probably be successful at replacing Kratom with a strain/method/mix that is so chill I can replace Kratom with it in quite the way I want.

I'll be waiting for my area (N.Y.) to legalize it on a recreational level, or at least medicinally so it's easier.

I think it is legal medicinally here now if I'm not wrong, but I'm just not quite sure where to go in terms of stores or how to go about it, other than dealers who could obviously get me good stuff, but again, it wouldn't serve the purpose I want.

Yeah the laws make it tough, but hopefully they will soon change in your state.
Meantime, considering that, I would be on the hunt for some trimmings. Good smoke, not quite as potent.
Also, just have one puff . . . wait . . . Puff again.

Too, it is often mentioned in regards to psychedelics, but set and setting are also relevant with cannabis. Get used to it again over a period of time where you can slowly work up the dosage, associating use with good intentions and surroundings. Like, if you can go camping for a week with a bag, that could bring you back to where you used to be.

Or try serious power breathing and meditation.
Good luck with it, I am sure others will chime in . . .

you coudl mix your bud with cbd flower or take 15mg of cbd before a joint. or bowl

I feel for you, living in New York...the marijuana policy back there is still mired in the Dark Ages of prohibition, to a certain extent...they do have a medicinal marijuana program but it's heavily restricted & IIRC combustible plant matter isn't even allowed within the program! It has to be administered via a vaporizer or tincture, etc.

Massachusetts isn't far away though, if you're up for a drive ;)

Remedy is a pretty good cbd strain. Had it in cbd and 1:1 oil in a vape cart. The 1:1 is pretty chill feels like some Mexican indica but cleaner. 9lb is a good chill indica strain that works good with remedy. Found mixing the 2 tinctures in a 1:1 or 3:1 thc:cdb ratio was very chill and great for anxiety.

Is anyone who exists totally chill all the time?

LOL.

Yeah, I totally used way too much hyperbole in that title.

I guess if had to re-name it I'd call it something like "is there any strain of weed that is frequently more chill than others."

Blueberry essence sounds delicious. I don't like smoking or vaping do people make high CBD, and lower THC edibles?
Yes, in a word. Dont know where you are but i found this..
https://www.mountainhighsuckers.com/ which shows you, they make sweets with both in. I bet you can get some edibles locally if youre in a legal state in the US. If not, you could buy in some CBD in some form or another and get cooking with some average bud for the THC.