• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to properly snort subutex

mtop2036

Bluelighter
So I had to get another tooth pulled. Definitely been hardd trying not to get any sub in the hole. Now it's infected and I'm on antibiotics. But I have a constant film of infected saliva/puss(sorry) everywhere in my mouth. Even if I brush/rinse it always comes back.

I've tapered down to 4-5mg and before the tooth got pulled this was getting me high. Now I get 0 effects even when taking 6mg. It seems as if the film of infected/puss is stopping some absorbtion. Is this possible?I

My goal is to not get high but mainly need extra pain relief

So I guess the only other option is snorting. Is snorted subute x much stronger than under the tounge? Should I start at 5mg or lower? And what's the best way to go about this to get maximum absorption? Snort a tiny line every 5 mins until it's gone? Just worried about snorting to hard and ending up swallowing. Would wetting my nostrils before help so theirs not just dry powder sitting inside? I have 2mg pills btw

Snorting was my roa for years with oxys but it has been probably 4 to 5 years since I've snorted anything.

Or if anyone has an idea to help the sun absorb better with my infection would be best buy dont think there's much to do with that.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Last edited:
Iirc a little bit of alcohol will help the sublingual absorption, so maybe try that first [Edit: I just saw that plain water will help absorption too so you don't need to use ethanol]

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6115924
Relative to the 100% bioavailability from the intraarterial route the mean bioavailabilities were intravenous, 98%; intrarectal, 54%; sublingual, 13%
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3776483/
Buprenorphine bioavailability was 38–44% and Tmax was 35–40 minutes after all intranasal doses
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9048270
Study results indicate that bioavailability of sublingual buprenorphine is approximately 30%
So the sublingual ba seems to be between 10-30% and intranasal is around 40% so i'd say snorting it might double the ba so half your usual dose might be a good starting point
Another option would be pluggin (imo better as all the fillers and binders is bad for your nose and lungs)

Last edited:
Iirc a little bit of alcohol will help the sublingual absorption, so maybe try that first [Edit: I just saw that plain water will help absorption too so you don't need to use ethanol]

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6115924
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3776483/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9048270
So the sublingual ba seems to be between 10-30% and intranasal is around 40% so i'd say snorting it might double the ba so half your usual dose might be a good starting point
Another option would be pluggin (imo better as all the fillers and binders is bad for your nose and lungs)

I don't think the alcohol method will work in my situation with a big hole in my mouth(no stitches). Couldn't even imagine the burn. Can you show me where water aids absorption?

http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/404...ions-for-Higher-BA-With-Sublingual-Use/page12
I don't know why this hasn't gotten through to people; YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE ETHANOL TO INCREASE BUPE BA%.

Ethanol was used in the original study, for whatever reason,(probably solubility?) but subsequent studies using plain H2O have gotten the same results, increasing BA by 1.5-1.75x, regardless of the presence of alcohol.

But never mind that. The very existence of Zubsolv(roughly 1.5x as potent as bupe itself) proves that you don't need alcohol.

And no, it's no magic ingredient in Zubsolv; it's simply that they dissolve MUCH more rapidly than suboxone(and they're smaller).

Look it up yourself. Nothing special, the menthol is merely a flavoring. And they certainly do not contain ethanol.

It was suggested from the beginning by researchers that the increased BA from the solution was because it absorbed rapidly, with the small amount of ethanol present being coincidental. Other thought it was the ethanol, sure, but ultimately, the former group was proven right.

I have posted various proof of this earlier in the thread, check yourselves. But again, it is all entirely irrelevant, with the existence of Zubsolv, who's own site says the increased BA is because of more rapid absorption.

I respect sixpart7, and his intentions were good, but it is now outdated data. Sticking freaking 40% Ethanol under your tongue is painful and unnecessary.

For an increase in potency(and a faster onset) simply dissolve your dose in 0.5-1ml of water,(either soon or shot glass, and then administer it directly under the tongue. Hold for at least 5 minutes(or as long as you want) and voila, your bupe dose is now significantly more potent. It's that simple.

BTW, I doubt even the original study used 40%abv, that's harsh.

Anyway, if anyone can find anything to dispute that, or more importantly, any unknown reason why alcohol free Zubsolve is more potent, feel free. But please, don't just stand on tradition and say "NO!" in the face of clear and logical evidence.

A final word: if you want to continue using an ethanolic solution, fine by me, it's your tongue, and your body. At least think on it, and lower the abv. Again, 40% seems like it woul be difficult to hold in the first place.

Oh, and when it comes to liquid solutions, studies state that, beyond a few minutes, the amount of time the solution is held doesn't seem to matter, though I still would hold mine as long as possible...

So I had to get another tooth pulled. Definitely been hardd trying not to get any sub in the hole. Now it's infected and I'm on antibiotics. But I have a constant film of infected saliva/puss(sorry) everywhere in my mouth. Even if I brush/rinse it always comes back.

I've tapered down to 4-5mg and before the tooth got pulled this was getting me high. Now I get 0 effects even when taking 6mg. It seems as if the film of infected/puss is stopping some absorbtion. Is this possible?I

My goal is to not get high but mainly need extra pain relief

So I guess the only other option is snorting. Is snorted subute x much stronger than under the tounge? Should I start at 5mg or lower? And what's the best way to go about this to get maximum absorption? Snort a tiny line every 5 mins until it's gone? Just worried about snorting to hard and ending up swallowing. Would wetting my nostrils before help so theirs not just dry powder sitting inside? I have 2mg pills btw

Snorting was my roa for years with oxys but it has been probably 4 to 5 years since I've snorted anything.

Or if anyone has an idea to help the sun absorb better with my infection would be best buy dont think there's much to do with that.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Any time I get an infection or cold and take antibiotics I feel my Suboxone about half as much. I have had several friends also comment on this diminished effect when sick with serious infection over the years.

I would skip snorting anything until you are completely better and maybe even then it might be time to re avaluate your consumption methods.

I stopped snorting drugs way back in the day as every time I did it would cause a sinus infection with generic Buprenorphine being the worst culprit.

What works the best for me is to have a dry mouth and keep the sub under the tongue for as long as possible. Some times I can keep a strip under with little saliva for 40 minutes. All around works the best.

One of the newer formulations called belbuca is a buccal strip with the highest BA currently known. It has been reported that the buccal strips take forever to dissolve. Makes sense.

Liquid tech never ever worked for me and I ended up ingesting a portion of the dose.

Last edited:
Thanks kleinkiffer. very interesting. Although since I took 6mg yesterday(usually do 4mg) I'm going to wait until Tuesday for my levels to go downto test it out. I took 4mg today and can actually feel it with taking the higher dose the day before.

I've been tapering, down to 4 from 18 in about 5 weeks. With the increased absorption I'm going to go down to 2.5 on wensday which should be roughly the same as 4mg. I'm quite excited, Will definitely make tapering smoother. Thanks again man, massive help.

Dave- That's so strange. I remember also having less effects last time I got a tooth pulled that was also infected. I though it was the drainage in my mouth effecting absorption but with you and your friends having issues when sick/other infections makes me wonder. What do you guys think the reason behind this is?

And I'm on buprenophrine with no naltroxone since I'm sensitive to naltroxone,and far as I know it's only available in pill form. Wish they had a strip version would love to try it out. I always have the issue of generating to much saliva with the pills, so much that I can't talk without it running out of my mouth. Once it's dissolved I spit out the saliva since it gives me a headache if swallowed. Quite embarrassing when I'm in public and have to let out this massive amount of spit, definitely turns some heads. But the water method sounds like this Will also help.

This is just a though as I don't have enough time to look into it more, but afaik there's something called enterohepatic circulation of buprenorphine. Enterohepatic circulation means that a drug is metabolized into drug-glucuronid for example, excreted via the bile back into the gut, there bacteria break the o-glucuronidation and the drug is absorbed once more. Taking antibiotics can kill the bacteria responsible for this, thus the drug is excreted instead of reabsorbed leading to a shorter half life and possible less effect
Edit: given that bupe is administered sublingual and not oral will decrease the effect I was talking about

Ya the generic bupe contains no Naloxone. To bad about the sensitivity. I used to take generic bupe but switched to the strips because they have a higher rate of obsorbtion.

I read that a very select few are sensitive to Naloxone. I love the 4 mg strips as they are huge and you can easily cut off 0.25 mg doses.