Bluelight

Thread: Bupe practically cut off

1. Collapse Details
    Bupe practically cut off 
    I've been off heroin for 8 years. I've been on the Sub/Methadone program for as many years.

I have had steady employment and I have rescued and care for 5 cats. I live in a rural area so access to a pharmacy that dispenses bupe is limited. It's also tricky to get there Mon to Fri because of my job (Sat and Sun aren't an issue). Because I am reliable and a functioning member of society, and to ensure I stay on track, I've been allowed 6 takeaway doses. My last two doctors have had no issues with takeaways. They know if I can't get to the chemist then it's going to make life hard. They can see what a lifesaver it's been for me.

My previous doctor relocated. Today I saw a new one. He flat out refused to prescribe even one takeaway. He told me that if I really needed it, I'd work it out. I can't leave work early. I just got a new job and I can't risk losing it by leaving early every day.

Does anyone know where I stand? Does anyone know which doctors can prescribe bupe. Maybe I can find a new one. It's hard at the moment because I do live in a rural area so prescribing doctors are few and far between.

I'm so scared because I'm not ready to withdraw.

2. Collapse Details

Sober Living
    I've never heard of having to get daily doses of bupe at the pharmacy in the US. That's crazy. I get a script of 90 8mg a month no questions asked and that's the norm in Alabama.

All you can really do is call around and try to find a private doctor that prescribes bupe. You may have to travel to a big city once or twice a month but that seems way better then going everyday
    Addicted? Want to stop? We can help! Come to the sober living forum!
    http://www.bluelight.org/vb/forums/269-Sober-Living

3. Collapse Details

Current Events and Politics
    Homeless & Anonymous
    Sober Living
    North & South America Drug Discussion
    Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    I've never heard of having to get daily doses of bupe at the pharmacy in the US. That's crazy. I get a script of 90 8mg a month no questions asked and that's the norm in Alabama.
    i had to go to get my bupe at the methadone window every day for a while cuz i kept dropping dirty. off it now, but even if i do go back on it it'll be the usual monthly script

Quote Originally Posted by Moomooboo View Post
    My previous doctor relocated. Today I saw a new one. He flat out refused to prescribe even one takeaway. He told me that if I really needed it, I'd work it out. I can't leave work early. I just got a new job and I can't risk losing it by leaving early every day.

Does anyone know where I stand? Does anyone know which doctors can prescribe bupe. Maybe I can find a new one. It's hard at the moment because I do live in a rural area so prescribing doctors are few and far between.
    i take it the window to pick up is only open during the time you have to be at work, no time before or after? you should be able to get take homes after a couple weeks at most, but its still an unusual hassle

there's a list of bupe providers in the US in our SL directory thread, if there's no other ones in your area though you're kinda screwed