View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Salvia-inspired videogames

ronsho

Greenlighter
Hi all, I'm interested in some feedback on some interactive vignettes I created a while back that were inspired by my experiences of salvia space/time. They're games (stretching the definition of the term) of varying levels of interactivity... the least interactive, for me, ended up feeling the most like my experience, but I'd be interested in hearing others' thoughts. They have Mac/Windows executables. Linux builds are hit-or-miss, but the Windows versions work fine under WINE. The links (on the images) take you to a bit more information as well as downloads. I look forward to hearing about your experiences! Seer(KOR) Thinning Brief Excursion

Last edited:
can you post a video URL - I am concerned about executables.

I understand, I'll post a video later. I'd like to see first if a few people play it before making the video available, though. Given the interactive nature of the games, something will be lost from the videos, so I'd like to see what feedback I get, if any, from the interactive versions first. Would you feel more comfortable with a browser-based, HTML5 WebGL build? If so, I can add it.

Yeah I think a browser-based version would be more palatable. Not that we have any reason to not trust you, but we also don't know you and downloading executables is a good way to get screwed were someone to desire that. :)

Last edited:
Oh yeah, please hit the full-screen button and turn up the sound!

I just realized that since the original way to end the game was that the application quit, now that they're in a web browser, they don't end! That's not necessarily a bad thing, it's kind of interesting what happens after the end I designated. I would say end it when it feels right... neither of them is longer than 5 minutes, in keeping with the salvia experience.

These are pretty cool, thanks for sharing. :) Definitely very salvia-esque.