• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(825mg Pregabalin, 225mg Venlafaxine) - average- This is an easy and incredible combo

delphinen

Bluelighter
I just want to write down that I have been enjoying high amounts of Pregabalin (Lyrica) 650-1000mg with a medium amount of Venlafaxine (Effexor), enough to inhibit the reuptake of Dopamine in theory, and it is a incredible combo.
When I mix Pregabalin with Tramadol which has a similar structure to Venlafaxine I don't get the "power" and "happiness" I feel right now. I could swear there is some little opioid feeling, specially in my legs and arms, so I searched in Wikipedia...

Wikipedia said:
..Venlafaxine indirectly affects opioid receptors (mu-, kappa1- kappa3- and delta-opioid receptor subtypes) as well as the alpha2-adrenergic receptor, and was shown to increase pain threshold in mice. When mice were tested with a hotplate analgesia meter (to measure pain), both venlafaxine and mirtazapine induced a dose-dependent, naloxone-reversible antinociceptive effect following intraperitoneal injection. These findings suggest venlafaxine's seemingly superior efficacy in severe depression as opioids become increasingly used as a measure of last resort for refractory cases.

so it feels a little similar to very low dose of Tramadol or Codeine, with the stimulating effect of Venlafaxine (it can be mistaken as Cocaine in some tests!), and the blessing in general of a really high dose of Pregabalin is awesome.

+Both drugs are easy to get, I'm Bipolar II, that's why I get them
+None of the drugs are dangerous if you have at least 10mg Diazepam in case you flood Serotonin in your brain because of the Venlafaxine
+Last 24 hours
-Increase appetite
-have to wait at least 4-5 days to feel it again

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_pregabalin
substancecode_gabapentinoids
substancecode_venlafaxine
substancecode_antidepressants
substancecode_pharms
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
I added 400mg of Codeine with Coca-Cola. Will edit and report later.

+2 hours later

The "high" of Venlafaxine and Pregabaline were changed for a feeling of well being, and pleasure on the limbs thanks to the Codeine. I believe I am an extensive metabolizer of CYP2D6 (have multiple copies of the enzyme) , because both the Venlafaxine and Codeine works with it, and even taking the Venlafaxine the Codeine worked .... amazing.

I feel calm. Not happy, not angry, I feel nothing nothing but calm, a little more social than usual, and feel a lot of pleasure on my body. I am a little addict to Codeine and never works this well, who knows why it's being metabolizing so well today.

So... if I take something more or something interesting happens I will post it.

Imagine a world were opioids and opiates are legal <3

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. :) I love pregabalin, I have never heard of combining it with venlafaxine, but I have heard some real horror stories about venlafaxine, however.

Hum you're playing with some fire... or matches. Efexor is an antidepressant that i have taken, for depression, STRONG AF. Well you're in scientist mode... Do it for science. Report back ;>

Thanks for sharing. :) I love pregabalin, I have never heard of combining it with venlafaxine, but I have heard some real horror stories about venlafaxine, however.
What kind of horror stories about venlafaxine?

I am on that bastard for almost 10 years now with some breaks within but it is the single most addictive substance I know of. Not in the same way as morphine but I'd rather get off that as than venlafaxine. The withdrawal is just endless, the brain zaps and dysphoria so bad ... think I've managed it through 3 months or so without seeing an end, and while 5-HTP is of great help, my stomach doesn't tolerate it and up to today I failed to acquire some carbidopa or another peripheral carboxylase inhibitor to aid with that.. but besides this real nasty downside, it is the best tolerated S/NRI I know of. All the others I've tried (paroxetine, vortioxetine, desvenlafaxine, es/citalopram) had more and stronger adverse effects or were inactive (trazodone, sertraline).

But yeah, pregabalin has a nice high at above 750-900mg. Sad that it only works once in a decade or so, I know of no other substance with such a hefty tolerance.
Pregabalin + Tiagabin + Tilidin + Venlafaxine (all lower-ish dose, maybe 450 + 7 + 50 + 150/daily or so) gave me a nice, colorful and unexpected trip, but it's too long ago to really remember details and write a report about it - I have written one on a German board, maybe I'll find it.

Last edited:

If you look under the "difficult/bad/disaster" headings, there are some really creepy/bad "horror stories".
Venlafaxine was the most flat, emotionless medication I have ever tried.

One side effect that was pronounced - I was liberated from lust while I was on Venlafaxine. I literally didn't think about sex for 6-9 months whilst on it... I also suffered some pretty brutal withdrawal symptoms.. Luckily they only lasted a few weeks.

Venlafaxine withdrawal is brutal for sure, and it's got much more into it than just a SSRI weaning off..

It also messed up my sex life. Orgams are just some sensation anymore.