• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Virginia mom gets 10 days in jail for dealing marijuana to THREE CHILDREN

Captain.Heroin

Bluelight Crew
Stephanie-Hamrick.jpg

Stephanie N. Hamrick, 28, pleaded guilty to child neglect and possession with intent to distribute marijuana, as well as a misdemeanor. She was arrested in June and accused of dealing marijuana and providing it to her three children, ages 7, 11 and 14. (Middle River Regional Jail)

A Virginia drug-dealing mother was sentenced to 10 days in jail after pleading guilty to giving her three children marijuana.

Stephanie N. Hamrick, 28, pleaded guilty on Tuesday to three felony charges of child neglect after Staunton police say she repeatedly provided marijuana to her children, ages 7, 11 and 14, The Staunton News Leader reported.

According to reports, Hamrick was arrested in June after one of her children told police she was dealing pot. Prosecutors say they were provided videos, photographs and text messages as evidence of the marijuana use by one of Hamrick?s children.

Police also found four cellphones, a digital scale and a small amount of marijuana when Hamrick was arrested.

She was also charged with possession with intent to distribute marijuana.

Hamrick reached a deal with prosecutors which resulted in 10 days in jail and four years? probation in exchange for a guilty plea.

Her lawyer, Eric Swortzel, says Hamrick doesn't have custody of her children. He says she didn't provide a reason for giving her children marijuana.

She should have just gotten the 10 day sentence who fucking cares.

I posted it because I know if you're a minority you would have gotten locked up for a long, long time in Virginia. State of racism and large empty spaces and a whole lot of nothing to do; a truly terrible state.

the thread title is misleading, it makes it sound like she was caught selling to kids instead of giving it to her own kids. like the diffence between a clerk selling a minor a beer and a mom giving her own kid one at home

That is most definitely abusive/neglectful to the children. I'm glad she got caught.