Bluelight

Thread: Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is in the hospital after fall

1. Collapse Details
    Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is in the hospital after fall 
    Current Events and Politics
    Unhappy
    Hang in there, RBG!

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized after fall in her office

WASHINGTON ? Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is in the hospital after falling in her office Wednesday night, the Court announced in a statement on Thursday.
    Ginsburg, 85, went home after the fall but continued to experience "discomfort overnight" and went to George Washington Hospital early Thursday. Tests revealed she fractured three ribs and she "was admitted for observation and treatment," according to the statement...
    See link for more...

2. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Words
    My hopes are blighted, my heart is broken, my life a burden, everything around me is sad and mournful; earth has become distasteful to me, and human voices distract me. It is mercy to let me die, for if I live I shall lose my reason and become mad.
    Pretty sad. Falls can be devastating for an older person, i.e. breaking a bone. I hope she's OK.

3. Collapse Details

Shadowmeister
    Senior Moderator
    Psychedelic Drugs
    Trip Reports
    Philosophy and Spirituality
    The Dark Side
    My grandma fell and broke her hip at 85, and she recovered fine, quickly actually, it was pretty amazing, we were all really worried because that sort of injury can be the beginning of the end at that age.

Hoping she makes a good recovery.

4. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Words
    My hopes are blighted, my heart is broken, my life a burden, everything around me is sad and mournful; earth has become distasteful to me, and human voices distract me. It is mercy to let me die, for if I live I shall lose my reason and become mad.
    It's amazing how they do joint replacements and such.

5. Collapse Details

I hope she hangs in there. Trump getting 3 justices in 2 years would be a nightmare that will last the rest of our lives

6. Collapse Details

Current Events and Politics
    Great news! She's tough.

Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg ‘Up and Working’ After Fall

...As the oldest justice, Ginsburg is closely watched for any signs of deteriorating health. She has bounced back from previous medical issues and has fallen twice before at her home, in 2012 and 2013, leading to rib injuries. She was treated in 1999 for colon cancer and again in 2009 for pancreatic cancer, but did not miss any argument sessions either time.

In 2014, doctors placed a stent in her right coronary artery to improve blood flow after she reported discomfort following routine exercise. She was released from a hospital the next day...
    Excerpt from article, see link for more on RBG.

7. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Sober Living
    Words
    Quote Originally Posted by LucidSDreamr View Post
    I hope she hangs in there. Trump getting 3 justices in 2 years would be a nightmare that will last the rest of our lives
    Why? It turns out Kavanaugh snowflaked on the death penalty issue already. I don't even know if he's an actual deplorable, or a snowflake pretending to be a deplorable.

I don't think anyone's really going to give a shit. The supreme court's made a bunch of terrible decisions in the years' past, and this is before the Trump nominations, i.e. how only Clarence Thomas stood up for my 2nd amendment rights.

And you're all surprised when the conservatives try to roll back civil rights... don't be.