• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Time between Heroin usage to avoid WD's

Deanis55

Greenlighter
So pretty much what the title says, how long do you believe is needed between uses to keep them at bay and I'm not talking full blown WD's, this is more aimed at the mental aspect, that panic that you cant seem to keep from rising, that feeling that nothing will ever get better.

I'm not a massive user and snorting is my ROA, maximum 100mg over a few hours.
I had this early one morning (sunday I think) and felt fine the few days after that, so on the Wednesday I again had the 100mg or less, spread out over 3 small lines.
First half of the next day was okay, just felt a bit sluggish which is normal for me. Though come about 5 or 6 PM I felt that dreaded panic start to rise, i have to really concertrate to keep it at bay and play games on my phone or watch TV to try to keep my mind off it. This only is a problem towards the end of the day when I start to get tired and over a few days it slowly gets better.

So this time has been 8 days between use and Im really hoping I wont get any of the those horrible feelings.

Can anyone shed some light on all of this and help me to understand it a bit better?

i have lately been using opioids sporadically and not daily and being dependent on them, for about the last year. I used to use large amounts daily.

i usually use pharmacueticals not heroin but it should be about the same.

Using 2X a week (high single doses) with each use spaced out by 3 days - results in a slight feeling of physical anxiety (tension, feeling like i had too much coffee) that doesn't prevent work or functioning but is shitty nonetheless, and gastrointestinal distress (shitting like 5 or 6 times a day, solid shit not diahrea, and stomach turning), and difficulty sleeping. there is no mental/depression aspect. These effects peak on the 2 and 3 day after use.

Using both days of the weekend only (heavy single doses on each day) - the anxious feeling is not really present during the WD, sleep is not too difficult. The stomach pain/ shitting 5X a day is there though. Basically i won't shit for the days of use and the day after, but the 2 and 3 days i'm shitting too much and having stomach pains.

its getting to the point where that two-3 days of shitting and stomach ache is not even worth being high for the weekend.

at this point I'm going to try 1x on the weekend or every other week.

Note: i also take amitryptiline which causes constipation like opioids, so I'm not sure how much this is affecting my symptoms. i don't seem to remember having such a sensitive stomache during even heavier withdrawals than the above.

i think 2X a week spread out by 3 days each will eventually cause problems if you continue it. you won't be full on WDing, but you will have minor problems.

It's impossible to tell, it's going to be different for everyone partially due to kindling from tolerance and partially due to how you react as an individual.

If you've been using for a while it'll take less time using for you to start to feel withdrawals. I've seen reports here of people who use a moderate amount for a night and end up in withdrawals because they've been using so long that their body apparently rebounds pretty hard anytime they use.

This kind of tolerance is not easy to get rid of, it takes a very long time of abstinence to get rid of. Even then your brain will still remember and you'll gain your tolerance back quicker then if you'd never used before.

It's a tough balancing act if you want to try to use moderately for a long time, you might just want to quit while you're ahead.

So I did reply to this but for some reason it hasn't gone through.

I was going to say I dont get the stomach issues but believe it or not I've got them today after having a few lines yesterday, not fun that's for sure.

Generally as a rule I try to avoid using 2 days in a row as the night after that I'm really uncomfortable (anxiety, depressed, that empty feeling). Lately I've been keeping some xanax on hand to keep me a little more comfortable the night after the H which helps a hell of a lot.

I have to admit it seems like it may be becoming a bit of an issue as when I first started using H it was only to come down off a night on the coke, now I manage to talk myself into having it on a day off work to 'chill out'. So yeah falsifiedhypothesi I think it might be worth quitting while I'm ahead.
Ive used heroin iv before just to experience it and then went back to snorting it (which I hear is quite hard to do) but lately I've had that niggling urge to iv again (pretty sure I dreamt it last night).

I've had my problems with oxy, mainly endone, targin and oxycontin but they never ever induced the feelings H does after 2 nights of use, and I had a box of targin in a week once.
I'm starting to see, Heroin is one drug not to be f**ked with.

What?s the point of taking it a couple times a week if your gonna be in withdrawal in between that. Why don?t you just do it every day then or not at all....

I know only take it when coming down of coke or md. No WDs and a very pleasant end to the night. Seems to be the best way.

What?s the point of taking it a couple times a week if your gonna be in withdrawal in between that. Why don?t you just do it every day then or not at all....

It is kind of absurd. But it helps keep my tolerance low so that I can get high off hydrocodone, because i won't touch any non scripted pills or dope anymore due to fear of fent.